Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The (Un)Official Quintessential Sports Discussion Thread

Default The (Un)Official Quintessential Sports Discussion Thread

Hello All,

I'm sure (but could be wrong) that I'm not the only sports fanatic or sports watcher on these boards, and since I'm currently off pokemon, but continue to be a huge sports fan, I figured this would be a great way to continue discussion and conversation with the forum community.

So, use this thread to discuss sports.

Note: This thread is not approved by anyone in particular. Hope I'm not out of line.

P.S. Smack talk is allowed, but keep it appropriate.
    Last edited by Death By Bronzong; 12-02-2008 at 12:42 AM.
    Join my team, Bum Rush!
    Because it beats joining the army.

Watch It. Also, ban Luvdisc forever!

EPFL\Sr. Farmer\Admin Array Whitdjinn's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Let me be the first to say that this thread is long overdue!

Go Eagles!

Crypt Keeper EPFL VP E4SS Array wicked_rapture's Avatar
    Credits

"I didn't know a game could end in a tie" - McNabb

As a diehard Giants fan, lemme be the first to say you go DOWN this sunday! Also, I'm keeping half an ear on monday night football. The jaguars have sure fallen far, huh. Texans taking it to them, 30-10. Steve Slayton with a big run, and even if he's a late bloomer, he'll be a good HB for years. Also, Andre Johnson gets no notice, but is a top flight WR.

P.S. Whit, I'm curious. As an Eagles fan, would you like to see Andy Reid and/or Donovan McNabb back next year?
    Last edited by Death By Bronzong; 12-02-2008 at 12:47 AM.
    Join my team, Bum Rush!

Credits
    Blog Entries

I'm not a Redskins fan. >=D

Uuuh... I like badminton and pool. :3
    It's been great, PokeFarm. I'll miss you. I'm on AIM if you ever need me. =)

This line is for Shiny Lucario. ~ ~
    >This line is for belnumcree.
    >>This line is for WestCoastNinja.
    >>>This line is for cisco.
    >>>>This line is for joinred1127.
    >>>>>This line is for razorbeam.
    >>>>>>This line is for Babael and Paws_Of_Fate.
    >>>>>>>This line is for Cherkat, nana nettie, Viscosity, HMTKSteve, and toys4life. ♥♥♥♥♥
    >>>>>>> This line is for Death By Bronzong, Fautor Animus, and puffdaddy. ♥♥♥
    >>>>>>>>>This line is for timmyeatsfood, pokemasterSD, Trombones13, pikaluva13, and Taurosdude15. ♥♥♥♥♥
    >>>>>>>>>>This line is for juaco, nagib_253, Achates, noodleboy1011, and DescipleOfDeathx. ♥♥♥♥♥
    >>>>>>>>>>>This line is for all my AC:WW friends in PokeFarm, specifically plusletrainer and nickgamer10. ♥♥
    >>>>>>>>>>>>This line is for the rest of my friends here in PokeFarm, you know who you are.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>celph77, wherever you went... This line's for you. ♥
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Same with you, andyc15 and soccergurl22.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gamegeezer, I'll see you on Voice Chat like usual. XD

Pokemon Trainer Array KitsuneGin's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

<-----------Likes soccer and basketball.
    Signature by Viscosity.
    (Super Smash Bros Brawl) 0516 7073 4979
    (Mario Kart Wii) 1161 0236 1857
    (Mario Kart DS) 3694 8801 1412

Pool is amazingly fun, although I am kind of bad at it. Angle shots (where one has to deflect the ball) trouble me.

Let's keep the conversation going, shall we.
    Join my team, Bum Rush!

Credits
    Blog Entries

As an eagles fan of almost 20 years...

I would at this point like to see Reid go and McNabb stay.

There were many players who didn't know about the tie rule...

I have found myself being angry at the playcalling over and over in the last couple years - there was an interview from someone on the Baltimore Ravens that said they knew what they were going to do before it was done - that is bad coaching. You can't blame every interception on the QB, and i'm not saying he's blameless.

But you saw on Thanksgiving what can happen when the playcalling is fresh and gets mixed up a bit.

By the way - How's Plaxico's Leg?

Quote Originally Posted by Whitdjinn View Post
    As an eagles fan of almost 20 years...

I would at this point like to see Reid go and McNabb stay.

There were many players who didn't know about the tie rule...

I have found myself being angry at the playcalling over and over in the last couple years - there was an interview from someone on the Baltimore Ravens that said they knew what they were going to do before it was done - that is bad coaching. You can't blame every interception on the QB, and i'm not saying he's blameless.

But you saw on Thanksgiving what can happen when the playcalling is fresh and gets mixed up a bit.

By the way - How's Plaxico's Leg?
    I agree with you completely. I've seen a lot of bad or uncreative playcalling from the Eagles (though I assume these are the offensive coordinator's calls). Lots of short passes on 3rd and long, goal line runs on 4th down after being stopped on first and third down, etc. I think they should fire Reid and the OC, retain Jim Johnson, and bring in new guys with a new offensive system that better utilizes the eagles' personell. They have a great HB in Westbrook who can catch passes well out of the backfield, a weapon in DeShaun Jackson, a lot of pretty good WRs, and a competent (except of overtime rules) QB in McNabb. Bring in a slightly more run heavy quasi-west coast system, sort of like what Jim Zorn has implemented in Washington, by snapping up a Holmgren system guy, and spread around the ball. There are plenty of good offensive minds out there. The one unfortunate thing for Philly is that they lack a traditional big play WR (someone who can get the jump ball in good coverage, and a deep threat that opposing teams must double). DeShaun Jackson lacks ideal size for this, but then again, so does the Panthers' Steve Smith. Philly can pull through, just not this year.

Meanwhile, Plax's leg is a bit shot (quite literally), and he is expected to miss the rest of the season, be in serious legal trouble, and may have seen his last days as a giant pass. The giants are a low tolerance behavioral team. Meanwhile, Domenik Hixon is playing extremely well in his place. Great pickup by Jerry Reese.
    Join my team, Bum Rush!

Credits
    Blog Entries

I knew how plaxico's leg was - was just pullin yer...well...leg.

The talk is always about how McNabb has never had a true #1 receiver. I agree with that to an extent, it would be great to pick up an Andre Johnson or something but I would rather avoid an Ocho Cinco/TO problem again...so its a tradeoff there. DeSean is going to be amazing someday.

Our O-line is aging, so that is a concern for the running game, and a real fullback would be nice too.

As far as the playcalling, Reid has generally called all the plays after the first 15 scripted plays or whatever it is...not sure if thats the deal 100% of the time, but in general, thats the way things are run.

One thing is for sure, we can't continue the way we are going, if Reid is able to change his mentality - great, we will flourish, though I don't see that happening.

I love what the Giants D, especially the line, has been able to do even after losing strahan and Osi. I've been very impressed with Eli too, he's probably the best QB in the division right now.

Zorn has done good things, and has had a better season than I would have ever thought possible, especially when installing a new Offense (the 3rd in 3 years for Campbell)

I think the cowboys are on their way out - they're flashy, yes, but the Romo-flavored duct tape can only hold them together for so long before they bust.

anyway - i'm off to bed, but will expand on this more tomorrow, if a discussion is warranted!

I also wanted to point out - Reid is a Holmgren guy too :P