Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: English Paper

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Jawz3920939's Avatar
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by joinred1127 View Post
    Wait… this was a timed write? That changes the score completely!

You can easily get a 6 with this paper. An overall good grade. You just need to learn how to organize your ideas first, so you're not rushed at the end.
    Yeah it was a timed write but now I feel guilty because I had 48 hours to rewrite it and I only spent like 15 mins.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Yeah; a timed write forces you to think on the spot and try to put well-worded phrases and ideas on paper in a short period of time. However, if you had time to edit it, make sure you spend adequate time improving upon your ideas.

I battle with hacked Pokemon. Array revelp8's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by joinred1127 View Post
    This is not AP material. There was no conclusion and no intro. The body paragraphs were slapdash. The thesis was completely missing.

AP classes are at the same level as college courses. A paper like this would not be accepted in college.

You should try the paper again with a clear thesis statement. With the thesis, you will be able to clearly organize your thoughts and write a better defined essay.
    you wish AP classes are college courses >.>

anywho, jawz, if you would need some help with writing the essay, you can always ask me or any of the other helpful members with a PM
    the dancing butterfly just 6-0d your team

Credits

Timed? I get it now, like joinred1127 said, you need to organise your Ideas alittle more.

Good for a timed write. I would be proud of that.

I still thought it was fun to read and inticing so, in my opinion, because it kept me occupied, its a pretty well-written paper (Especially since you were timed). Just work a little on organizing your thoughts before you start writing a bit, even for like 5 mins, it could really help... I dont even know why Im talking though... Im a sophmore so what do I know... Im in honor's english, but my grades on papers have been mediocre which is almost all because of grammar and structure, but apparently according to my teacher, I have good sentence wording and stuff. GOOD LUCK!

Credits go to n0t and thefuriousangel.

PokeFarm Blogger Array joinred1127's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

You need to always make a proper introduction, though. That is the base of the paper. It tells the reader what you are talking about and allows you to remember what to write next if you were to have a brain fart.

@Revelp: Actually, if you take AP courses in high school, they can count towards credits in college.

Farmer's Market Cherry Blossoms

Pokemon Trainer Student Array
    Credits

in timed writings, i highly recommend sketching some kind of outline before you start writing.
    like, get an idea of what you're gonna write about, then write down some paragraph ideas, and go from there. but don't waste time doing some formal outline that takes a really long time to write; just jot down some notes to keep your train of thought going.

Mad as a Hatter Array
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by timmyeatsfood View Post
    in timed writings, i highly recommend sketching some kind of outline before you start writing.
    like, get an idea of what you're gonna write about, then write down some paragraph ideas, and go from there. but don't waste time doing some formal outline that takes a really long time to write; just jot down some notes to keep your train of thought going.
    I'm with Timmy, when I tudored people for PSAT, SAT, and ACT essays I told them to do this. Just make a note of your topic sentence and what you want each paragraph to be about. If you want to get fancy you can even do a one or two word bullet for the points within each paragraph. So for it might look something like this.

Compare & Contrast Igglybuff and Jigglypuff

Intro - Dispite being in the same evolutionary line, Igglybuff and Jigglypuff have many differences.

Comparisons
    - Pink
    - Cute
    - Attitude

Contrasts
    - Size
    - Ears
    - Eyes

Conclusion - I think everybody can agree that both are the most awesome part of any pokemon game.

That took me less than 2 minutes to write and will save me time were I writing a real paper because it will keep me on pace and focused instead of having to look back at previous paragraphs to make sure I included every point.
    ~~Lovely Strife~~
    Even a strife can be lovely....
    So touch my tears with your lips, touch my world with your finger tips ~~ Queen
    Currently Catching: Over 300 pink blobs adopted to loving homes!
    Current Event:
    Next Project:
    Wanna read my diary?

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quoting my College Comp. 111 & 112 professor from high school Dual Enrollment... This words are golden. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Bradley
    YOU MUST HAVE A THESIS STATEMENT!!!
    It's been great, PokeFarm. I'll miss you. I'm on AIM if you ever need me. =)

This line is for Shiny Lucario. ~ ~
    >This line is for belnumcree.
    >>This line is for WestCoastNinja.
    >>>This line is for cisco.
    >>>>This line is for joinred1127.
    >>>>>This line is for razorbeam.
    >>>>>>This line is for Babael and Paws_Of_Fate.
    >>>>>>>This line is for Cherkat, nana nettie, Viscosity, HMTKSteve, and toys4life. ♥♥♥♥♥
    >>>>>>> This line is for Death By Bronzong, Fautor Animus, and puffdaddy. ♥♥♥
    >>>>>>>>>This line is for timmyeatsfood, pokemasterSD, Trombones13, pikaluva13, and Taurosdude15. ♥♥♥♥♥
    >>>>>>>>>>This line is for juaco, nagib_253, Achates, noodleboy1011, and DescipleOfDeathx. ♥♥♥♥♥
    >>>>>>>>>>>This line is for all my AC:WW friends in PokeFarm, specifically plusletrainer and nickgamer10. ♥♥
    >>>>>>>>>>>>This line is for the rest of my friends here in PokeFarm, you know who you are.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>celph77, wherever you went... This line's for you. ♥
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Same with you, andyc15 and soccergurl22.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gamegeezer, I'll see you on Voice Chat like usual. XD

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Jawz3920939's Avatar
    Credits

well, its been a while but i just found my paper. I got an 8/9, if anyone still cares.

PS could this thread please be closed? It is full of unpleasant memories.