Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pokéballs & Catch rates

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Rolytic's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

@Deneves I don't think the catch rates for the quick ball and dusk ball are the same in Gen V as they were previously in Gen IV. Pokemon that could previously be caught 100% of the time with a dusk ball on turn 1 now fail (I think it used to be 190. Now it's needs to be a bit higher.

As for the quick balls, I swear they don't work after the first turn.
    You can call me Py. It's short for Pyrolytic. If you need anything, or just want to say hi, feel free to contact me. I'm not active on Skype, but AIM is fine if you introduce yourself first.

Where else can you find me/other screen names?
    dA: Rolytic
    LoL, formspring: PyBear
    WoW: (Dentarg - H - Narglax)

Pokemon Trainer Student Array lordlogan2's Avatar
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Rolytic View Post
    @Deneves I don't think the catch rates for the quick ball and dusk ball are the same in Gen V as they were previously in Gen IV. Pokemon that could previously be caught 100% of the time with a dusk ball on turn 1 now fail (I think it used to be 190. Now it's needs to be a bit higher.

As for the quick balls, I swear they don't work after the first turn.
    i know i also feel as if the dusk balls have dropped in effectiveness:/
    ]thanks to scarlet for my awsome chcyer Bobreeder made that for me once upon a timeago the FC no longer applies

Torrent Gym Leader/Head Farmer Array Deneves's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

You are right about the Quick Balls, they only are more effective on the first turn. The Dusk Balls are still listed at 3.5x as effective everywhere I have seen. The legendaries I have battled in caves seem about the same with Dusk Balls as in the last generation. I know I had trouble catching Dittos that had transformed into Magikarps, which had previously been easy catches even without Dusk Balls.

Edit: After several failed attempts at Tornadus I used Buzz and Nana Nettie's positve experience of throwing a Quick Ball and it worked even though I had False Swiped it and Thunderwaved it on previous encounters. I assume that the turn count on roaming legendaries doesn't start until they attack.
    Last edited by Deneves; 03-22-2011 at 04:48 PM.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Caljoones's Avatar
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Deneves View Post
    You are right about the Quick Balls, they only are more effective on the first turn. The Dusk Balls are still listed at 3.5x as effective everywhere I have seen. The legendaries I have battled in caves seem about the same with Dusk Balls as in the last generation. I know I had trouble catching Dittos that had transformed into Magikarps, which had previously been easy catches even without Dusk Balls.

Edit: After several failed attempts at Tornadus I used Buzz and Nana Nettie's positve experience of throwing a Quick Ball and it worked even though I had False Swiped it and Thunderwaved it on previous encounters. I assume that the turn count on roaming legendaries doesn't start until they attack.
    I also used a quick ball on Tornadus!
    3DS Friend Code: 4098-4335-9049