Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: A slight observation

  1. #1
    Gym Leader Array BugCatcher6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    (GMT -05:00)
    Posts
    12,608
    Credits
    61,279
    Blog Entries
    2

    Thumbs up A slight observation

    I have noticed something with GEN VI events and it has created issues with my breeding process.


    Now originally PokéFarm was a way to get Pokémon with Egg Moves, usually ones hard to get for the average player. Then the C.W.A. Stables made IVs and Natures a goal to everyone farming.

    It was a time when people would find their parents in an event to breed their own better offspring.


    Now every event has 5x31 IVs. People are not collecting parents, but stock IVs. Which most events have had 6-15 5x31 IVs Pokémon to get.

    What is the after market?

    Take for instance my Dratini event. I was not getting any 5x31 IV Marvel Scale offspring to trade. So the event is a failed event by my standards and what other people have been putting out.


    So that brings it around for tournaments or other contest. The winning will get a 5x31 IVs Inkay. Oh well um, I picked up 2 of those back in the C.W.A. Stables event.


    With all the changes to breeding, Hidden Ability able to be passed by male Pokés, Egg Moves able to pass from the mothers, the only drawing point is the Poké Ball the mother is in.


    Once a 5x31 IV Inkay is bred, why would another event have to happen?


    Also my first few Gen VI events I had my 5x31 IVs as prizes for answering trivia. Now that is gone because if every Pokémon is not perfect what is the point.


    I think we are flooding the market and killing future events.


  2. #2
    Pokemon Trainer Student Array sasuke715's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    611
    Credits
    11,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post
    I have noticed something with GEN VI events and it has created issues with my breeding process.


    Now originally PokéFarm was a way to get Pokémon with Egg Moves, usually ones hard to get for the average player. Then the C.W.A. Stables made IVs and Natures a goal to everyone farming.

    It was a time when people would find their parents in an event to breed their own better offspring.


    Now every event has 5x31 IVs. People are not collecting parents, but stock IVs.

    What exactly is the problem with having stock IV parents? Some people don't have time to sit around and breed for 10-20 potential parents with a good set of IVs and breed over and over again for a perfect offspring. Not everyone has the same amount of dedication to Pokemon as you. You must take that in consideration. People want "stock IVs" because the breeding is a lot easier than any other gen. It would be rather annoying for someone who has to work or go to school for example, to be expected to sit around all day during school and all night after school/work and breed a pokemon for a few weeks for an event when we all have things to do later down the road because you have an observation about something that really isn't even a big deal. No offense, but quite frankly, I don't believe anyone cares about collecting "perfect parents" or "stock IVs". It takes a considerable time to breed for perfect parents even with stock IV parents or without them. For example, it took me almost 1000 eggs for my spritzee event + the masuda method for my personal shiny for me to even get a good amount of pokemon with 5 IVs and using crappy 2 IV parents. The people on here are doing what they intended to do on this site....to play the game and have fun, not be buzz-killed about every little thing they are doing in the game, on smogon, on serebii or on Pokefarm that seems to bother you. If you feel that the upcoming farms or any farm is a threat to your future endeavors because your dratini or turtwigs don't come out with 5*31 IVs, then you gotta take a step back and chill. Whether or not people are looking for stock IV parents not shouldn't affect you in the slightest bit since we all paid for our own cartridges and do as we please with the game. You can either play the game and run with the flow of the farm and accept the farm for what it really is as of right now, or simply just do what you do. It's that simple my friend.
    Last edited by sasuke715; 05-01-2014 at 04:25 PM.

  3. #3
    Pokemon Trainer Student Array Slimjim367's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    250
    Credits
    4,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post
    I have noticed something with GEN VI events and it has created issues with my breeding process.


    Now originally PokéFarm was a way to get Pokémon with Egg Moves, usually ones hard to get for the average player. Then the C.W.A. Stables made IVs and Natures a goal to everyone farming.

    It was a time when people would find their parents in an event to breed their own better offspring.


    Now every event has 5x31 IVs. People are not collecting parents, but stock IVs. Which most events have had 6-15 5x31 IVs Pokémon to get.

    What is the after market?

    Take for instance my Dratini event. I was not getting any 5x31 IV Marvel Scale offspring to trade. So the event is a failed event by my standards and what other people have been putting out.


    So that brings it around for tournaments or other contest. The winning will get a 5x31 IVs Inkay. Oh well um, I picked up 2 of those back in the C.W.A. Stables event.


    With all the changes to breeding, Hidden Ability able to be passed by male Pokés, Egg Moves able to pass from the mothers, the only drawing point is the Poké Ball the mother is in.


    Once a 5x31 IV Inkay is bred, why would another event have to happen?


    Also my first few Gen VI events I had my 5x31 IVs as prizes for answering trivia. Now that is gone because if every Pokémon is not perfect what is the point.


    I think we are flooding the market and killing future events.

    I get what you're saying, I stopped having events as much because - beforehand, I was offering the splashback from my own breeding - usually 4Iv parents or 5Iv (but not flawless) with egg moves in an Apricorn ball. The point of me giving them away was to speed up someone else's breeding process, or for them to simply use it if they wanted, but I can't compete with all the flawless Egg move events!

    Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about anyone's events or hard work, it's well appreciated!

    But I understand what Buzz is saying, eventually we're going to have bred everything in the game flawlessly! :P
    3DS Friend Code: 0662-2766-6216
    IGN: Jamie
    My safari type is Fighting and the pokemon are: Pancham, Machoke, Tyrogue

    White 2 FC: 2151 7122 0017
    I have game in every generation; if anyone wants anything female in one of Kurt's Apricorn Balls from Soul Silver to breed - Let me know!

  4. #4
    Gym Leader Array BugCatcher6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    (GMT -05:00)
    Posts
    12,608
    Credits
    61,279
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Oh yeah I am not knocking the events. I think all the IVs are great.

    I have never done farming to get items or anything, but I am more worried about the events becoming ho-hum.

    And truthfully I think this goes to how close of a community we are. Everyone wanting to share with their framily.



    Right now I am filling up Bank with tons of IVs.


  5. #5
    Poke Kid Array RitualxZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Florida/Texas
    Posts
    33
    Credits
    4,265

    Default

    The reason I make my event's are for people to pick a pokemon that's ready to be EV train ready for battle. That's why I aim to breed 5iv or get lucky with some 6ivs. It just feels good to give people a pokemon they might like and it already has the 5iv it needs + some good egg moves. It's just taking away the hassle of making someone else breed. Sure, if they don't like the egg moves they can use it to breed for IVs. Plus now that getting 5-6IV is a lot easier more people request them. I see your point of "killing future events", but I try to give the best event I can. Plus the events will never "die. Once we get more active people, pokefarm.com will have many more members. They can do another Dratini, Tyrunt , (etc.) event for the newly arrived. It'll help people get 5iv pokemons so they too can breed a perfect pokemon to someone else. Just my opinion
    FC:4720-0491-7022
    ^Click to go to my YouTube Chanel^
    Skype: RitualxZero

  6. #6
    Gym Leader Array BugCatcher6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    (GMT -05:00)
    Posts
    12,608
    Credits
    61,279
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RitualxZero View Post
    The reason I make my event's are for people to pick a pokemon that's ready to be EV train ready for battle. That's why I aim to breed 5iv or get lucky with some 6ivs. It just feels good to give people a pokemon they might like and it already has the 5iv it needs + some good egg moves. It's just taking away the hassle of making someone else breed. Sure, if they don't like the egg moves they can use it to breed for IVs. Plus now that getting 5-6IV is a lot easier more people request them. I see your point of "killing future events", but I try to give the best event I can. Plus the events will never "die. Once we get more active people, pokefarm.com will have many more members. They can do another Dratini, Tyrunt , (etc.) event for the newly arrived. It'll help people get 5iv pokemons so they too can breed a perfect pokemon to someone else. Just my opinion
    Who is battle ready?

    This once we get more active people has been a saying for almost 2 years now.

    The gym system is dead again.

    We are breeding Pokémon ready to battle, but nobody is battling.


    In my experience people that have to breed their own Pokémon are more into battling with them. If they put the time into breeding they want to show the fruits of their labor.

    Breeding parents would get people a start into the good IVs, but leave room for them to breed for that easy perfect Pokémon, which in turn may get people into battling.


    I am reminded of a saying, please don't feed the bears. Once the bears have been fed they forget how to find food for themself and become dependent.


  7. #7
    Pokemon Trainer Student Array sasuke715's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    611
    Credits
    11,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RitualxZero View Post
    The reason I make my event's are for people to pick a pokemon that's ready to be EV train ready for battle.
    He never said people were battle ready. Obviously, he said people will pick a good IV pokemon and EV train them to prepare them for battle.

    Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post

    The gym system is dead again.


    We are breeding Pokémon ready to battle, but nobody is battling.


    In my experience people that have to breed their own Pokémon are more into battling with them. If they put the time into breeding they want to show the fruits of their labor.
    The gym system is not going to rise like it did 4-5 years ago. Think about the past compared to now. We are all grown, Gen VI is bringing some players back but the fact is....we all are growing up. People are breeding because they want to breed and give out good pokemon. Most PF members promote the site on youtube or on their profile on X/Y. There really needs to be a level of calm when it comes to breeding and battling. Not everyone is dedicated to the game as you are Buzz, not everyone will spend hours battling just like some wont spend hours breeding for events. Its really not that serious, its a video game consisted of pixels and data in which no one is getting a dime off of it. Either live with the present or you continue dwelling on the forums past. Like any good advertisement, success takes time. Its that simple. Rome wasn't built in a day, but you expect everyone in PF to battle because of your expectations. Its just a game, I understand your need to make the forum successful but you can't just expect certain factors to happen in a matter of minutes. It will take time and patience not constant bombardments.
    Last edited by sasuke715; 05-01-2014 at 08:38 PM.

  8. #8
    Gym Leader Array BugCatcher6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    (GMT -05:00)
    Posts
    12,608
    Credits
    61,279
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Actually I am not doing this anymore.


    Close this thread please.
    Last edited by BugCatcher6; 05-01-2014 at 09:11 PM.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •