Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Rinse Cycle

Credits
    Blog Entries

Question The Rinse Cycle

I was wondering if anyone has heard of the Time Machine method to breeding Pokémon?

I don't want to get into details, given some people's view on the method.

Although if memory serves, back in older Gens when you got an egg the Nature, Ability, and I believe Gender were locked, but you save before picking up the egg and then soft reset until you got the results you wanted.

I myself don't see it as a hack, it is in the game mechanics.

Also I think it was GameFreaks method to stop RNG Abuse.

I look at it more as selective DNA.

Pokemon Trainer in Waiting Array Mario's Avatar
    Credits

I know about the method, but getting 5IV almost perfect 'mons is quite easy now, so I haven't used it yet. Maybe I enjoy hatching 100+ eggs, but thats me

Credits
    Blog Entries

I just spent the better part of 3 weeks breeding and after 240+ eggs I got 1 male with the Hidden Ability and IVs I wanted and 2 wrong ability and 5x31 IVs.

Breeding the old way has it merits. It is usually to find a shiny or build IVs from scratch.

I look at this method as a way to increase your investments.

Credits

I personally don't see the use of this method. This is my first generation breeding and i manage to have almost 2 boxes of 5iv/6iv Pokemons and been able to breed pokemons for friends that are 5iv. To be honest this method seems like a waste of time to me. lol
    FC:4720-0491-7022
    ^Click to go to my YouTube Chanel^

Pokemon Trainer Student Array sasuke715's Avatar
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by RitualxZero View Post
    I personally don't see the use of this method. This is my first generation breeding and i manage to have almost 2 boxes of 5iv/6iv Pokemons and been able to breed pokemons for friends that are 5iv. To be honest this method seems like a waste of time to me. lol
    Agreed. This generations method is much more simpler. The "time machine" method is a complete waste of time. I hated that method

Pokefarm's Bike Mechanic Array
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Same here, I love the easiness gen 6 has brought to us for IV breeding, I personally don't have the time/patience to sit and constantly save/reset my game for the IVs I want, that defeats the purpose of dedicated breeding, plus i can WT any pokemon that i won't use and someone else might like to use that pokemon as a parent

#keepbreedingdedicatednot'rng'able

Credits
    Blog Entries

I argued with the people making the guides and the videos that in the sense of time it just doesn't make sense if you have not already bred for the IVs you need in the first place.

So I tested it out and with Pokés I already had the IVs for it was a great method to making an spare, but with Pokémon I don't have the IVs yet, it is a slow process to build their IVs up in this fashion.

So from 0-4x31 it is not a good method. 5x31 it is doable if you have the parents. 6x31 looks very rare in this method.

The only thing I noticed that stands out is if you happen to hatch a shiny, you can then get the exact shiny you want, giving that you also have the means of parents. Like if you MM a shiny and reset, you must have the MM in your new parents.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array TheNinjaPhoenix's Avatar
    Credits

I understood using the Time Machine method in previous generations, to an extent - sometimes it would really help to know. However in Generation VI, I'm finding quicker to just hatch egg after egg and move on - I've got myself to a few 5IV/HA/right nature Starly's now and think it'd be slower with Time Machine IMO.
    This is a signature. Ha.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheNinjaPhoenix View Post
    I understood using the Time Machine method in previous generations, to an extent - sometimes it would really help to know. However in Generation VI, I'm finding quicker to just hatch egg after egg and move on - I've got myself to a few 5IV/HA/right nature Starly's now and think it'd be slower with Time Machine IMO.
    I see your point.

This post was originally intended to find out how people feel about the method.

Like some people determine this to be hacking. Although I don't understand that.

It is basically soft-resetting.

I do believe that just breeding leads to better results. I do think this process can be used when you are not getting what you need.

In my Dratini breeding I was at 240+ eggs when I quit because I cannot get a female with 5x31 IVs and HA. I have a 5x31 male and 3 5x31 females with their natural ability.

So I could in theory Time Machine a female for myself.

I have not, but it is an option.

I have however Time Machined a 5x31 IV Protean Froakie testing this method. And I have never bred a Froakie before. So from none to 1 it worked.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array TheNinjaPhoenix's Avatar
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post
    I see your point.

This post was originally intended to find out how people feel about the method.

Like some people determine this to be hacking. Although I don't understand that.

It is basically soft-resetting.

I do believe that just breeding leads to better results. I do think this process can be used when you are not getting what you need.

In my Dratini breeding I was at 240+ eggs when I quit because I cannot get a female with 5x31 IVs and HA. I have a 5x31 male and 3 5x31 females with their natural ability.

So I could in theory Time Machine a female for myself.

I have not, but it is an option.

I have however Time Machined a 5x31 IV Protean Froakie testing this method. And I have never bred a Froakie before. So from none to 1 it worked.
    Oh, I totally agree - if this is considered a type of hacking, does that mean me soft-resetting to get a shiny Legendary at all should be classed as a type of hacking? I mean, come on, it's stats and it can change. There really isn't a problem witb the Time Machine method, it isn't like you're hacking a Pokemon into the game.

As for whether it works or not, I wasn't debating that at all. It definitely works, and works well, it just isn't my personal preferred method to breed.
    This is a signature. Ha.