Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What Pokémon are you currently breeding?

Credits
    Blog Entries

I think if history shows us anything, Kurt will have 38 events this month.

Every time I log on all I see is updates for Melodic Manor.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post
    I think if history shows us anything, Kurt will have 38 events this month.

Every time I log on all I see is updates for Melodic Manor.
    Haha...I bred myself two perfect Corphish in the past two days and have 26 ready to go for an event already, and that was after I bred myself three others over the weekend. Haven't decided yet what I'm doing next - Wonder Trading off some of the excess now.

Torrent Gym Leader/Head Farmer Array Deneves's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
    Haha...I bred myself two perfect Corphish in the past two days and have 26 ready to go for an event already, and that was after I bred myself three others over the weekend. Haven't decided yet what I'm doing next - Wonder Trading off some of the excess now.
    For the love of Arceus stop at 26 and move on. That is plenty.

Buzz has thrown down the gauntlet. 6 Grass pokemon in three & half weeks. (Five since I've already breed Ferroseed) I may have to switch from my Bug & Flying types kick to some Grass type.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deneves View Post
    For the love of Arceus stop at 26 and move on. That is plenty.

Buzz has thrown down the gauntlet. 6 Grass pokemon in three & half weeks. (Five since I've already breed Ferroseed) I may have to switch from my Bug & Flying types kick to some Grass type.
    Oh, I did! Ideally, I'd stop all of my events around 20, but I usually keep breeding until I get a perfect one for myself (which is mostly pointless, but whatever, ha).

Think I've decided on Lotad next as a convenient transition from my current unintentional Water-type focus into Grass types for Buzz's tourney. Thinking about Bulbasaur and Phantump/Trevenant after that.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Oh, I did! Ideally, I'd stop all of my events around 20, but I usually keep breeding until I get a perfect one for myself (which is mostly pointless, but whatever, ha).

Think I've decided on Lotad next as a convenient transition from my current unintentional Water-type focus into Grass types for Buzz's tourney. Thinking about Bulbasaur and Phantump/Trevenant after that.
    No interest in the tournament so far. Everyone is busy I guess.

I should do a rental tournament. So many farm events going on surely people could build a team from them.

Credits
    Blog Entries

I should do a rental tournament. So many farm events going on surely people could build a team from them.
    That's what I'm thinking - regardless of whether or not I participate myself, I can provide a few events for others who are interested but don't have as much time to get breeding done for an entire team in the next few weeks.

Pokemon Trainer in Waiting Array God Kaze's Avatar
    Credits

I am interested in battling in the future, though I need to solidify my normal team before I start working on specialized ones. I do like the idea of a rental tournament.

That's what I'm thinking - regardless of whether or not I participate myself, I can provide a few events for others who are interested but don't have as much time to get breeding done for an entire team in the next few weeks.
    Would it make sense to reward forum members for breeding within a certain theme each month, and then have a tournament that utilizes that theme the following month? There may be some doubles bouncing around, but it would help round off the teams for those who can't make all 6 themselves and potentially create a continuous cycle of breeding & battling.

On-topic: Currently breeding Heracross.
    3DS Friend Code: 0877-1724-0771

Pokemon Trainer Student Array TheNinjaPhoenix's Avatar
    Credits

Having done some breeding to help friends, and having a skim over the professional and competitive breeding in Gen V, I thougbt I'd be alright going into Gen VI. I know most people have comfortably settled in to getting themselves their flawless IV'd team members, but I've been breeding Starly and I'm happy with the result so far.

I managed to get a 5IV female Starly with Reckless in Wonder Trade, and decided I WOULD work on my own Starly. The sole issue I had with her was her missing IV was Attack. With no real answer to this, I set out breeding as it was.

After three generations, I now have gone from one 5IV and one zero IV parent to a male and female Starly, one being Jolly and one being Naive, with 3IV's a piece - the Male in HP, Def and Speed, the Female in Sp.Atk, Sp.Def and Speed. Progress is progress, but I'm slowly getting towards my goal and feeling pretty happy with myself for it. At last I'm actually taking the RIGHT steps to getting onto the competitve scene.
    This is a signature. Ha.

Credits
    Blog Entries

I'm not going to be breeding my Extreme Speed Dratini now.

The breeding has not been going that well with passing IVs.

I believe I need a break from the game and farming for awhile.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array TheNinjaPhoenix's Avatar
    Credits

I'm not going to be breeding my Extreme Speed Dratini now.

The breeding has not been going that well with passing IVs.

I believe I need a break from the game and farming for awhile.
    It's a shame to hear that you won't be continuing with Extremespeed Dratini. I've always found Extremespeed a fun move, and a Dragonite with it seems rather intimidating if I'm honest. However if you feel you can't commit to it and if you're struggling to pass on IV's, that's understandable.

If you think a break will help, it may be best. Putting too much time into a game can bum you out after a while, you get too committed to it and when things go wrong they stress you out and bother you more than they should. Maybe taking a step back and enjoying some other things you like or taking more time on other hobbies will relax you and put you in a better frame of mind so you can return positively and with a stronger and happier mindset into what you do with what you return to.
    This is a signature. Ha.