Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Masuda Method (MM)

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Donnie boy's Avatar
    Credits

Kay since I last posted here, I changed parents back to my male 5iv Japanese mawile and my 6 iv Irish Zorua, and started from scratch, tonight on the cusp of 400 eggs I finally got my shiny Zorua I had nearly lost hope, but my stubbornness finally paid off, unfortunately, (yes there's an unfortunately in this post) it hatched with only 4 ivs, missing both HP and sp.atk, as its mild natured that absence of sp.atk is a real bummer, but to be honest had you offered me this a week ago I would have fallen over myself to get it

So, In relation to the whole does masuda work with pokemon generated on cartridges from the same region only with a different language question, I still don't know if it works/ doesnt work. I would recommend though for everyone trying out the method, play it safe and get a Japanese parent if at all possible.

Now Ive got to go ev train my little blue fox. Thanks everyone for helping me keep motivation throughout this "experience" LOL
    Trainer name: Donny
    Switch friend code: SW-2164-3125-4438
    Pokémon Home friend code: ZVESWASXFWAJ

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Darkrai13's Avatar
    Credits

Congrats Don! That's an awesome shiny, glad your resilience paid off.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Donnie boy's Avatar
    Credits

Thanks man , you know I really think the game is trolling me now, while ev training my zorua I encountered a shiny zangoose, no shinies for weeks then two in one hour what the heck? Ruined my ev training, but hey another blue shiny, I won't pass that up
    Trainer name: Donny
    Switch friend code: SW-2164-3125-4438
    Pokémon Home friend code: ZVESWASXFWAJ

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Darkrai13's Avatar
    Credits

Shiny zangoose is so cool. You didn't happen to get its hidden ability by any chance?