Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you currently doing in Pokemon?

Credits
    Blog Entries

I was going to build a team for the PGL Season 2, but haven't picked up the 3DS in awhile. All the fun has been sucked out of it. So many ideas for tournaments I would have liked to have done, but with Bank being delayed, forum blah-ness, and to me what seems like complete incompetence on Pokémon/GameFreaks side really has me not wanting to do anything with the game anymore.

I cannot organize my collection to see what I need to complete or update, because looking over X, W, B, W2, B2, SS, HG, and Pearl is just too many steps to cross reference everything and keep track on 8 chips.

I seem to be the small minority that thinks this Gen VI just feels so incomplete and rushed.

They announced when that X/Y was coming October 13th, and then we sat and waited and during this time nothing was done to the PGL, it is still waiting for updates, Bank is still delayed to help relieve eShop holiday traffic, and any area outside of Japan is getting nothing for events.

Yet I keep rushing to the store to buy the next game and I check the Poké News daily.

Sorry to rant, but there is so much that is wrong in this generation of Pokémon and it bugs me to no end that a video game designed for relaxing is doing everything but.

Dust Devil Gym Leader Array Alirrath's Avatar
    Credits

I just found it easier to start fresh. As for the game itself, I felt the storyline was well driven, though outdated. Gen VI's endgame really seems to be driven into competitive battling, as there's not much else to do, but perhaps they wanted to take advantage of the wireless internet battles that the game is capable of.

On another note, I'm awful at chaining ;_; I'll never get my dittos at this rate.
    0018 - 1785 - 1310

Alirrath

Pokemon Trainer Student Array TheMonsterAtlas's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Don't worry Alirrath, I'm horrible at Chaining too! I really liked this game over all the others, this is definitely my favorite version to date. (Hint: Try Fish Chaining, that's how I found my first Shiny Pokemon!!!) My girlfriend's friend is addicted to wonder trading, she got the game a while ago, and she has spent 60+ hours on the game already, and she has only gotten the second badge, but she has seen hundreds of pokemon from Wonder Trade. It's pretty funny. My girlfriend also uses wondertrade a lot as well. For some reason, it's really addicting to them XD

I'm currently working on pokemon builds that benefit players in the game, like a Delphox made for catching pokemon, and other things along those lines. I also want to do a lot more research about Pokemon and to learn more about the game as well, This is the game that I've invested the most time into. I remember I didn't even complete Black and White, and I know a lot of people didn't either.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alirrath View Post
    I just found it easier to start fresh. As for the game itself, I felt the storyline was well driven, though outdated. Gen VI's endgame really seems to be driven into competitive battling, as there's not much else to do, but perhaps they wanted to take advantage of the wireless internet battles that the game is capable of.

On another note, I'm awful at chaining ;_; I'll never get my dittos at this rate.
    There has never been much of a post game to any Pokémon game. This game has been by fair the easiest. The actual story was the weakest of any so far. The challenge in game was by the easiest.

It almost seems like they catered the game to those that were RNG abusing or hacking so they were hoping they would stop cheating if things were easier.

Cheaters are not cheating because the game is too hard, it is a child's game for crying out loud. They are doing it because it is time consuming. They want it more like Showdown, go in put in your info and battle.

To me there was no greater joy and achievement then spending the time grinding and finally hatching the awesome IV'd Pokémon. Now I have boxes of them andt hat was from this morning.

Or hatching that rare shiny. I have already found more shiny in X then I have all previous games I owned and I have only chained 1. The others were 1 hatched and 4 randoms.

The only thing better was coming here and talking about everything happening in game and then battling with my bred by me Pokémon. Now that doesn't even happen.

Credits

I could care less about shinies, Im more so chaining for IVs, so i can start mass breeding, and start competing again. Maybe i should find someone with a Ditto on their Safari.
    0018 - 1785 - 1310

Alirrath

Credits

Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post
    Cheaters are not cheating because the game is too hard, it is a child's game for crying out loud. They are doing it because it is time consuming. They want it more like Showdown, go in put in your info and battle.

To me there was no greater joy and achievement then spending the time grinding and finally hatching the awesome IV'd Pokémon. Now I have boxes of them andt hat was from this morning.

Or hatching that rare shiny. I have already found more shiny in X then I have all previous games I owned and I have only chained 1. The others were 1 hatched and 4 randoms.

The only thing better was coming here and talking about everything happening in game and then battling with my bred by me Pokémon. Now that doesn't even happen.
    TBH, IV breeding and training took ages in previous Gens, and with online battle simulators and a little gadget you could hook your games into your PC then DS, its not surprising they made it easier. It should be, if they want everyone on an equal footing for competitive battling.
    0018 - 1785 - 1310

Alirrath

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alirrath View Post
    TBH, IV breeding and training took ages in previous Gens, and with online battle simulators and a little gadget you could hook your games into your PC then DS, its not surprising they made it easier. It should be, if they want everyone on an equal footing for competitive battling.
    By that theory all shooting games should have auto lock aiming systems. If there was no challenge why would we play?

The wi-fi battles are a challenge, but if everyone is using the same 6 Pokémon with max IVs, what is the point?

And teams are pretty cookie cutter anymore.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array TheMonsterAtlas's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

A lot of people just take the easy route and will play games that do have auto-lock on. They want to spend a lot less time working to a goal and just achieving it quicker and with less effort. That's why a lot of people I know of hacked their pokemon, tried making them legit, just so they could be "good" at the game without investing too much time in the game. People use what works because they want to achieve, of course there are people out there who run different builds in spite of these people because they want to be good on their own, not by using what's good.

Credits

Well there's a large variety in pokemon with different sets, stats, and abilities. I would hope that its just not the same 6 :P I will admit that there is some redundancy in teams, but there is still variety.
    0018 - 1785 - 1310

Alirrath

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Slimjim367's Avatar
    Credits

To be honest, Bugcatcher hit the nail right on the head.

They catered to the masses instead of to individuality with this release (which is fine!)

However, It's very rare that you see teams without the top 30 or so most used pokemon out there.
    talonflame - to me - is the perfect example.

they gave it an ability that could have left it to fill a support role - Using Tailwind or other flying type moves (like status moves) to leave more up to the player - however with it's moveset, nearly every one I've seen is running Brave bird, Roost, Flare Blitz, etc.

I find the lack of originality amongst my fellow players discouraging the most. Sure I can stock a team with counters and checks adhering to the Smogon OU list, but why should I?

Karen of the Elite Four was telling me (back as a 9 year old) in Gold Version:

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites"
    3DS Friend Code: 0662-2766-6216
    IGN: Jamie
    My safari type is Fighting and the pokemon are: Pancham, Machoke, Tyrogue

White 2 FC: 2151 7122 0017
    I have game in every generation; if anyone wants anything female in one of Kurt's Apricorn Balls from Soul Silver to breed - Let me know!