Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: Advertising the Site

  1. #11
    Relic Gym Retiree/Super Moderator Array Dr. Narnad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Chicago, IL USA
    Posts
    1,012
    Credits
    14,732

    Default

    One thing to keep in mind: at the inception of the current Pokefarm in 2007, Pokemon released the first non-cabled/WiFi based battle system. Individuals were clamoring to find websites to interact with other pokemon battlers. Since then I think the novelty of online battling/breeding has slowly eroded to only hardcore folks. With each new iteration of the game, similar dynamics, stories, pokemon, etc have been rehashed and affected the overall game enjoyment. This isn't unheard of in the gaming universe, take a look at how Magic: the Gathering has had to almost reinvent itself and incorporate new rules and essentially nix a lot of the early gameplay to keep players on their toes. The big sites will never have a problem garnishing enough players but smaller sites will forever be relegated to only a couple handful of active personas, in my opinion.

    This site keeps me coming back because I know members will be around for a long time and the connections here run years deep, which is something I cannot get at a new site.
    Knowledge speaks but wisdom listens.
    3DS XL Friend: 5086-2640-6669

  2. #12
    Pokemon Trainer Student Array Slimjim367's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    250
    Credits
    4,890

    Default

    I joined Pokefarm about a month ago, and was warmly greeted by (a few) members,

    My problem, the thing that turned me off the most, was exactly the fact that there are relationships going back years. Right away I invited one of my close friends to join the forum, so as to help get it busier, and it seemed to help. Bugcatcher planned out the Kalos Cup, and I'd like to say with some humility that I think I was helpful in raising enthusiasm for it, but ultimately with so few people, it seemed that no one was available to battle often.

    I want to keep coming to this site - I love the friendly atmosphere!

    My in-game Shout-out is the URL. I frequently WT favourable spitback from breeding (usually 5 Iv with Egg moves) that are nicknamed 'pokefarmcom' or as close as I can get it (when I remember).

    What else can I do to help?

    I want to host/be a part of more breeding giveaways! Can we have a forum-wide poll over different pokemon that people would like to see bred, and then do it? What else would help? Perhaps voting for egg moves/Ivs/natures etc?

    I want to see the badge system revived, but there seems to be little enthusiasm from many of the older-tier of members (excluding Bugcatcher of course!)
    3DS Friend Code: 0662-2766-6216
    IGN: Jamie
    My safari type is Fighting and the pokemon are: Pancham, Machoke, Tyrogue

    White 2 FC: 2151 7122 0017
    I have game in every generation; if anyone wants anything female in one of Kurt's Apricorn Balls from Soul Silver to breed - Let me know!

  3. #13
    Gym Leader Array BugCatcher6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    (GMT -05:00)
    Posts
    12,608
    Credits
    61,279
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Narnad View Post
    One thing to keep in mind: at the inception of the current Pokefarm in 2007, Pokemon released the first non-cabled/WiFi based battle system. Individuals were clamoring to find websites to interact with other pokemon battlers. Since then I think the novelty of online battling/breeding has slowly eroded to only hardcore folks. With each new iteration of the game, similar dynamics, stories, pokemon, etc have been rehashed and affected the overall game enjoyment. This isn't unheard of in the gaming universe, take a look at how Magic: the Gathering has had to almost reinvent itself and incorporate new rules and essentially nix a lot of the early gameplay to keep players on their toes. The big sites will never have a problem garnishing enough players but smaller sites will forever be relegated to only a couple handful of active personas, in my opinion.

    This site keeps me coming back because I know members will be around for a long time and the connections here run years deep, which is something I cannot get at a new site.
    That is it though, there is nothing being done by the site to get things moving.

    Everything done with the Kalos Cup was done by UnderFudge, Slimjim, and myself. So lets see a prize, here is a 5x31 or 6x31 IV that everyone can breed now. here is a BP item that takes about an 30 minutes to get now.

    Despite my constant PMing and requesting, I have been ignored by the site on every request to help promote events.

    Ant the amount of new people that tried to sign up for this forum because of how I talked about this forum was amazing, but the number that got approve was few.

    I was even told that maybe they should look into changing their email to be a member here.

    Now I don't know about anyone else, but I had my last email address for 9 years. It meant something to me. I would not have changed it without this upgrade to my ISP.

    As members, are post can only do so much when we are not given the support.|

    Like the ladder system, I was told would be looked at for the updates that are over 3 years past due. Nothing has been done since it was said it would be looked at over the weekend, like 3 weeks ago.


  4. #14
    Pokemon Trainer Student Array Slimjim367's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    250
    Credits
    4,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post
    That is it though, there is nothing being done by the site to get things moving.

    Everything done with the Kalos Cup was done by UnderFudge, Slimjim, and myself. So lets see a prize, here is a 5x31 or 6x31 IV that everyone can breed now. here is a BP item that takes about an 30 minutes to get now.

    Despite my constant PMing and requesting, I have been ignored by the site on every request to help promote events.

    Ant the amount of new people that tried to sign up for this forum because of how I talked about this forum was amazing, but the number that got approve was few.

    I was even told that maybe they should look into changing their email to be a member here.

    Now I don't know about anyone else, but I had my last email address for 9 years. It meant something to me. I would not have changed it without this upgrade to my ISP.

    As members, are post can only do so much when we are not given the support.|

    Like the ladder system, I was told would be looked at for the updates that are over 3 years past due. Nothing has been done since it was said it would be looked at over the weekend, like 3 weeks ago.

    Wait, Are new users still having trouble registering? Because if that isn't resolved then there is no point in my advertising. Those who venture here on a whim are t going to stick around or go through the bother of an extensive registration process.
    3DS Friend Code: 0662-2766-6216
    IGN: Jamie
    My safari type is Fighting and the pokemon are: Pancham, Machoke, Tyrogue

    White 2 FC: 2151 7122 0017
    I have game in every generation; if anyone wants anything female in one of Kurt's Apricorn Balls from Soul Silver to breed - Let me know!

  5. #15
    Pokemon Trainer Student Array TheMonsterAtlas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    961
    Credits
    9,489
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Apparently some people have been having the problem and have reported that a friend has been unable to register, so for now I've just been advertising my forums instead until the issue is resolved.

  6. #16
    Gym Leader Array BugCatcher6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    (GMT -05:00)
    Posts
    12,608
    Credits
    61,279
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Anyone with a hotmail email address is automatically banned or blocked I believe.

    Anyone signing up as a new member needs to get an email confirmation, which if I remember right the ADMINS need to approve this in order for the email to be sent. When I was an ADMIN here I had to go over a list of all new members daily.

    I see atleast 5 or 6 members on every day that are still awaiting email confirmation, so I am assuming 3 things, 1 they are bots, 2 they don't know to check their SPAM box, or 3 the ADMINS did not approve the sending of the email.

    From what I know, there is 1 ADMIN and 1 OWNER, whom I see online rarely or in the issue with the OWNER it is usually 5 minute clips on Tapatalk and from what I was told before Tapatalk does not allow him to see if he has a PM or VM notification. He does not see them unless he is sitting at his laptop/pc.


  7. #17
    Pokemon Trainer Student Array TheMonsterAtlas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    961
    Credits
    9,489
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Well he has responded to my PMs and VM frequently and for the most part, on time.

  8. #18
    Gym Leader Array BugCatcher6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    (GMT -05:00)
    Posts
    12,608
    Credits
    61,279
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMonsterAtlas View Post
    Well he has responded to my PMs and VM frequently and for the most part, on time.
    So it is just me being ignored. Yeah, but I am still good enough to ask to buy the forum. I seriously don't know why I continue to come back to this place.


  9. #19
    Pokemon Trainer Student Array TheMonsterAtlas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    961
    Credits
    9,489
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    For the installed userbase and because you love Pokemon

  10. #20
    Gym Leader Array BugCatcher6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    (GMT -05:00)
    Posts
    12,608
    Credits
    61,279
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheMonsterAtlas View Post
    For the installed userbase and because you love Pokemon
    Not really, my best friends on the site are gone. The ones here now I know, so I am making an effort to know better. Which making friends is not my strongest quality.

    I like breeding and battling and discussing those things.

    When I hold an event for 3 people to request a Pokémon, that is a bummer. When I want to battle and get 9 people for a tournament and half drop out, that is annoying.

    When I create a discussion thread and it is me and 2 other people talking, why do I need to come to a forum for that?

    A lot of this is due to the forum not having support. And I understand it comes down to who has the time. I am sure you could find someone to do the day to day that has the time. Since I have been here the ones in charge has changed, all due to time. I mean except for me and that is all based on what other people have said.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •