Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Advertising the Site

Pokemon Trainer Student Array TheMonsterAtlas's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Default Advertising the Site

Hey guys, quick heads up, I've added a link shortener (12 characters) and I started using that as Nicknames for when I trade them on WonderTrade, I can check the statistics of who visits the link and how many people show up, I thought it would help with advertising the site!

http://is.gd/bD8aE5 is the name I used as some of my Treecko and I'm going to be sending them on wondertrade sometime this week!

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheMonsterAtlas View Post
    Hey guys, quick heads up, I've added a link shortener (12 characters) and I started using that as Nicknames for when I trade them on WonderTrade, I can check the statistics of who visits the link and how many people show up, I thought it would help with advertising the site!

http://is.gd/bD8aE5 is the name I used as some of my Treecko and I'm going to be sending them on wondertrade sometime this week!
    Not to be rude, but I hope that works out. I am not sure what people would be coming to the forum for. There is really nothing going on. I mean the staff supports nothing, even I have grown tired of trying to run player events. I just closed my tournament and am in the process of giving everyone a I'm sorry this sucks prize.

I was on other forums and I have brought in new people. Out of the 15 people I had check into the site, 1 managed to get approved to be a member and he had a friend get approve, but I had to message a staff member on facebook to check into that members account just to get him approved so he could post in the forum.

The problem is not getting people here, it is the support we get here.

An quite frankly I don't care anymore about letting my disgust known.

The forum has some members left that love this place and try to do anything, but when your members care and the staff doesn't, what's the point?

Credits
    Blog Entries

Then I guess it's time for me to run for staff 2014!

Credits
    Blog Entries

Then I guess it's time for me to run for staff 2014!
    You can't ask to be a staff member. Someone on the staff has to say hey maybe we should make this person a staff member. As far as I know there are like 2 MODs, 1 ADMIN, and 1 SUPER ADMIN.

I mean I have mini mod powers of the Academy and my farm area. But that is hardly enough support for a forum that runs 24/7. Especially when the ADMIN, SUPER ADMIN, and 1 MOD are on the same timezone pretty much and 1 MOD to cover the rest of the time.

I can't promote, but I can say I am working on my forum and so far the work going into building everything up for 1 Owner on a blank forum is insane. I can't imagine what it would be when I get more members.

I mean right now with the small content I have there I get 800+ hits a day from search engines directing people to my forum.

So once I actually go live with everything I can only imagine how much support I will need, and me plus 3 people is not ideal in my mind. Just as ignoring members is not going to happen either.

Mana Gym Leader Array Slizer107's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

There would be several easy ways of advertising the site such as streaming, youtube, the shoutouts, trading named pokes. Its a nice and lovely thought but as Buzz it would require staff to come back to help run it.

Its a shame because I am dying to get back into a battling system like there use to be on here with the gyms, but I can't find another forum like it.
    Use to be the site pest, the a gym leader and at times both!
    I would say I am an old member... but I joined when I was 12, so 6 years down the line I am only 18...

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Slizer107 View Post
    There would be several easy ways of advertising the site such as streaming, youtube, the shoutouts, trading named pokes. Its a nice and lovely thought but as Buzz it would require staff to come back to help run it.

Its a shame because I am dying to get back into a battling system like there use to be on here with the gyms, but I can't find another forum like it.
    The thing with other sites like Smogon and Serebii is they different setups. Smogon has leagues which usually fill up quick and are not friendly to new people. Not to be rude by Smogon is not the friendliest place. Not down playing them because they do a lot for the Pokémon community and there are some great people there, but the rudeness does overshadow a lot of them.

Serebii has leagues, that also fill up quickly and they have guilds. Guilds allow for battling within the guild and then wars between guilds.

The nice thing about the gyms here was there was no limit to how many people could challenge and we got badges to show we won. However after someone won all the badges what then? The forum could not just keep adding badges simply to keep people battling the gyms.

Titles would be nice. Badges are still great, but 800 badges above your name seems like overkill.

But sadly there is none of that here anymore. Attention went to side games and an egg system. Something that very few had an interest in. I mean I understand why it was attempted, but I just don't get why everything was taken from the forum.

I think this forum could still be something, but with no features there is no chance. I have lost all desire to even try myself anymore. It would be so awesome to have access to the main site to create pages with info for people to search and use. The power to create in the forum again and clean it up and make it modern, this forum still looks like 2007.

Again I am not trying to put anyone down here. I just can't see how you have people who want to do so much and it is ignore.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Well I opened up a forum to test some code and I have badges added already, though I only have a Sheriff's star, for Admins, and a badge for moderators. I'm still looking at different things to add though.

Credits

Well I opened up a forum to test some code and I have badges added already, though I only have a Sheriff's star, for Admins, and a badge for moderators. I'm still looking at different things to add though.
    Well, it looks like you have an nice idea. I would like to throw in my 2 cents as well. When the gym leaders kinda dissapeared and the forum started dying down, I tried to make mini gyms or something of the sort and even made badges that people could put in their signature or footer (i forgot the term). But for some reaosn nothing happened, not enought people interested, even I didnt have time to make a team and wasnt really willing to since onlynabout two people were interested in participating. But I still have the badges and their desings incase anyone ever needs them.

Friend Code: 0733-7241-0362

<-- need 2 more wins to make it official

Credits
    Blog Entries

There needs to be more then just members to get things going.

I just had the Kalos Cup and it was going smooth, but I had no support when it came to getting the prize for the winner. I was with the first tournament I had when I came back to the forum that I needed to have 8 members in a tournament to qualify for a badge as a prize for the winner. I had 9 members this time, one dropped out, leaving 8, and an alternate just in case, and I was ignored every time I sent a PM asking about our badge.

So with no support from the forum and the hiccups in the tournament I stopped it. There is no reason to put in an effort when it is not appreciated by the forum.

I have so many ideas for tournaments and battling, farm events, and community projects, but none are going to happen because I am not going to waste any more of my time on projects that have no support.

Mana Gym Leader Array Slizer107's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vasden2 View Post
    Well, it looks like you have an nice idea. I would like to throw in my 2 cents as well. When the gym leaders kinda dissapeared and the forum started dying down, I tried to make mini gyms or something of the sort and even made badges that people could put in their signature or footer (i forgot the term). But for some reaosn nothing happened, not enought people interested, even I didnt have time to make a team and wasnt really willing to since onlynabout two people were interested in participating. But I still have the badges and their desings incase anyone ever needs them.
    As much as I understand your logic behind the forum dying because of the leaders leaving, I think I can safely say its wrong. I hadn't had a battle in over 6 months, there was no one challenging the leaders anymore because the forum had already started dying. It was probably a contributing factor to no new members staying around, but it wasn't caused by the leaders leaving. Had I been getting regular challenges I would have been motivated to continue.
    Use to be the site pest, the a gym leader and at times both!
    I would say I am an old member... but I joined when I was 12, so 6 years down the line I am only 18...