Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo eShop

Credits
    Blog Entries

Default Nintendo eShop

So um Nintendo eShop has been taken offline in my region.

We sincerely apologize,
    but in an effort to manage
    the high traffic, and ultimately
    improve the consumer experience,
    we are temporarily taking
    the Nintendo eShop services offline
    in your region.

I thought Poké Bank was taken offline so the eShop would work for my region's Christmas request? So now all those getting 3DS for Christmas are now S.O.L.

Great job Nintendo. Tell us again why we stay loyal fans?

Pokemon Trainer Student Array platinum's Avatar
    Credits

Nintendo underestimated the amount of people they thought would be using the eShop during the holiday season and are now paying the price, which is a HUGE mistake on their part. When PokeBank was released, it overloaded and crashed the servers. So now, the entire eShop is down.

We remain loyal fans because when they cause us a relatively small inconvenience, they run about trying to fix it as much as possible. Stuff like this happens, so the best thing to do is to be patient.

Thanks so much Vasden2!
    White FC: 5071-8056-6941
    White2 FC: 4041-4660-3856
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-6481-9101
    Friend Safari: Bug- Ledyba/Volbeat/Venemoth

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    Nintendo underestimated the amount of people they thought would be using the eShop during the holiday season and are now paying the price, which is a HUGE mistake on their part. When PokeBank was released, it overloaded and crashed the servers. So now, the entire eShop is down.

We remain loyal fans because when they cause us a relatively small inconvenience, they run about trying to fix it as much as possible. Stuff like this happens, so the best thing to do is to be patient.
    This happened with the Dream World, the first time the GTS came out, and about 100 games other games on their release. This is like the 3rd Christmas in a row this same problem happened. They are surprised every time. And they wonder why they are the #3 console and surely going to become the #2 handheld. Pokémon is not enough to keep me from going to Vita.

I don't get why a company that has had this issue repeatedly is still shocked it happens and has still failed to update their servers and fix the issue.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array platinum's Avatar
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post
    This happened with the Dream World, the first time the GTS came out, and about 100 games other games on their release. This is like the 3rd Christmas in a row this same problem happened. They are surprised every time. And they wonder why they are the #3 console and surely going to become the #2 handheld. Pokémon is not enough to keep me from going to Vita.

I don't get why a company that has had this issue repeatedly is still shocked it happens and has still failed to update their servers and fix the issue.
    They probably have each time, but for some reason, they don't bother to look at their sales and determine that they need more/better servers to meet the demand. I don't know.

Thanks so much Vasden2!
    White FC: 5071-8056-6941
    White2 FC: 4041-4660-3856
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-6481-9101
    Friend Safari: Bug- Ledyba/Volbeat/Venemoth

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    They probably have each time, but for some reason, they don't bother to look at their sales and determine that they need more/better servers to meet the demand. I don't know.

Xbox one and PS4 no down or shutdowns.

Just saying from the number #1 and #2 systems.

Not So Cute Array predictions of doom's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

On the other hand, Xbox and PlayStation have had other (larger) issues, and I'd much rather wait a day or two for an issue to be resolved than to shell out for a product that seems intent on spying on me. The eShop issue is unfortunate, but it doesn't prevent you from playing any of your games, and Nintendo's evidently trying to get everything fixed as soon as possible. Taking the store down hurts them more than it does us.
    I'm half assuming the PokeBank issues are because of the recent hacks - despite having to update, I love that Nintendo is actually actively preventing hacking this generation.
    Back!

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by predictions of doom View Post
    On the other hand, Xbox and PlayStation have had other (larger) issues, and I'd much rather wait a day or two for an issue to be resolved than to shell out for a product that seems intent on spying on me. The eShop issue is unfortunate, but it doesn't prevent you from playing any of your games, and Nintendo's evidently trying to get everything fixed as soon as possible. Taking the store down hurts them more than it does us.
    I'm half assuming the PokeBank issues are because of the recent hacks - despite having to update, I love that Nintendo is actually actively preventing hacking this generation.
    Nintendo saying we didn't know we would have this many people is an insult to the intelligence to the player over the issue with the hacks involved with Bank. The fact they said that nobody is playing Bank now and Serebii says anyone that got Bank can still play has some misleading info somewhere.

And if you look at it, in America and our Obama Care, the excuse we didn't know our server could not handle that many people at one time was not a valid excuse for our President and it is not a valid excuse for someone else taking money from me.

I am having no issues playing the Playstation. Been playing for days and no downtime. Nobody spying me either. The only issues O have on the Playstation right now is from one of the game companies, not the system or their server.

Am I am sorry, but it effects a lot of people. If you could not download the patches for X and Y when you got a copy on Christmas. If you could not update your 3DS you got for Christmas, you can still play your games yeah, but you cannot do anything online and I thought Nintendo's selling point was bringing people together?

It is ridiculous that they have spent the last 5 years not updating servers. This entire year not preparing enough obviously for X, Y, and Bank. X and Y has so little content that it is by far the least content of any Pokémon game, but hey they are trying right.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Slimjim367's Avatar
    Credits

Nintendo saying we didn't know we would have this many people is an insult to the intelligence to the player over the issue with the hacks involved with Bank. The fact they said that nobody is playing Bank now and Serebii says anyone that got Bank can still play has some misleading info somewhere.

And if you look at it, in America and our Obama Care, the excuse we didn't know our server could not handle that many people at one time was not a valid excuse for our President and it is not a valid excuse for someone else taking money from me.

I am having no issues playing the Playstation. Been playing for days and no downtime. Nobody spying me either. The only issues O have on the Playstation right now is from one of the game companies, not the system or their server.

Am I am sorry, but it effects a lot of people. If you could not download the patches for X and Y when you got a copy on Christmas. If you could not update your 3DS you got for Christmas, you can still play your games yeah, but you cannot do anything online and I thought Nintendo's selling point was bringing people together?

It is ridiculous that they have spent the last 5 years not updating servers. This entire year not preparing enough obviously for X, Y, and Bank. X and Y has so little content that it is by far the least content of any Pokémon game, but hey they are trying right.
    nintendo saying that they 'weren't ready' for the load of players is a load of poop. They had 3 months to compare the sales data of gen 6, and gen 5, and extrapolate how many people would be using it. (and 3 months since release just to obtain our old pokemon is ridiculous already).

However, if you're playing online, then the NSA is keeping records (in regards to your statement about being watched). It was recently admitted that the NSA had contracted several hundred of their agents to play WoW, Second Life, and more 'popular online games', under the guise of searching for terrorism.

Not to turn this to a political debate; nintendo is deserving of a lot of for Pokebank's Failure, but they're on equal ground in terms of observation.
    Last edited by Slimjim367; 12-29-2013 at 11:03 AM.
    3DS Friend Code: 0662-2766-6216
    IGN: Jamie
    My safari type is Fighting and the pokemon are: Pancham, Machoke, Tyrogue

White 2 FC: 2151 7122 0017
    I have game in every generation; if anyone wants anything female in one of Kurt's Apricorn Balls from Soul Silver to breed - Let me know!

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Slimjim367 View Post
    nintendo saying that they 'weren't ready' for the load of players is bull. They had 3 months to compare the sales data of gen 6, and gen 5, and extrapolate how many people would be using it. (and 3 months since release just to obtain our old pokemon is ridiculous already).

However, if you're playing online, then the NSA is keeping records (in regards to your statement about being watched). It was recently admitted that the NSA had contracted several hundred of their agents to play WoW, Second Life, and more 'popular online games', under the guise of searching for terrorism.

Not to turn this to a political debate; nintendo is deserving of a lot of for Pokebank's Failure, but they're on equal ground in terms of observation.
    If you have a facebook page or post in a forum you are doing the NSA's work for them.

But yeah not to get into politics, South Park actually does a nice episode on this, with everyone talking on cellphones and posting to facebook, but everyone invading their personal private space.

Anyway, yeah Nintendo and the game makers don't care. They know they can get buy with crud servers because the users will wait and keep paying and playing.

We are sheep and nobody speaks up. It would only take every Pokémon player to not pay for their cloud service. Just hold out for a month or two. Have the players write to GameFreak and Nintendo and tell them, you want us to pay, we want you to fix this. We won't pay until things are fixed.

What are they going to do, end Bank and stop making Pokémon? Whatever would we do? Oh Showdown would be so popular.

The thing the companies and the players forget is, the consumers have the power. However we are conditioned to think we can't fight the power.

We are sheep.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Slimjim367's Avatar
    Credits

If you have a facebook page or post in a forum you are doing the NSA's work for them.

But yeah not to get into politics, South Park actually does a nice episode on this, with everyone talking on cellphones and posting to facebook, but everyone invading their personal private space.

Anyway, yeah Nintendo and the game makers don't care. They know they can get buy with crud servers because the users will wait and keep paying and playing.

We are sheep and nobody speaks up. It would only take every Pokémon player to not pay for their cloud service. Just hold out for a month or two. Have the players write to GameFreak and Nintendo and tell them, you want us to pay, we want you to fix this. We won't pay until things are fixed.

What are they going to do, end Bank and stop making Pokémon? Whatever would we do? Oh Showdown would be so popular.

The thing the companies and the players forget is, the consumers have the power. However we are conditioned to think we can't fight the power.

We are sheep.

You really don't want to get me started on the wasted consumer power in our 'democratic' capitalism.

Capitalism assumes that the public is educated, and is composed of individual, logical, reason-minded units. This is also the assumption of electoral Democracy, however, and we can see how well both are doing.

So yes, I agree. I've re-considered buying pokebank, and I'm not sure, -after the first month - if it will be necessary. I have a copy of X and
    Y, do I really need more Bank space?

of course Bank will be their new medium for events I'm sure, so there's that too.

Every
    3DS Friend Code: 0662-2766-6216
    IGN: Jamie
    My safari type is Fighting and the pokemon are: Pancham, Machoke, Tyrogue

White 2 FC: 2151 7122 0017
    I have game in every generation; if anyone wants anything female in one of Kurt's Apricorn Balls from Soul Silver to breed - Let me know!