Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Poké Academy's Kalos Cup: Season 1

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai13 View Post
    Going to try to start battling tomorrow evening; I've worked double shifts the past two days and I'm exhausted with absolutely no Pokémon time, how exactly do we challenge each other in showdown? I haven't had time to play around with it too much... :/

Once you have your team setup, level 50, you click on a member's name and select challenge or they can challenge you and you accept.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Darkrai13's Avatar
    Credits

Oh okay, I'll have to finish my team... :/ I'm sorry I haven't been more active, work just fired a bunch of people and im getting slammed this week. So tired. Life force... depleting... sleep... required.... goodnight Pokefarm.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Oh okay, I'll have to finish my team... :/ I'm sorry I haven't been more active, work just fired a bunch of people and im getting slammed this week. So tired. Life force... depleting... sleep... required.... goodnight Pokefarm.
    That is fine, that is why I changed it from a set schedule to a season. Basically we are going to battle anyone at random, but we cannot rebattle the same person until we face everyone once, so you may get busy at one time though haha.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Looking forward with the Kalos Cup, the playoffs and how they would be done. The playoffs would be a standard single elimination style. Would we want to increase the battles from best of 3 to a best of 5?

Also since the season is to determine the ranking in the playoff, 9 members would give the best record a bye in the first round.

Since currently Donnie boy is a no show, that means we have 8 on the ladder. We could still use Donnie boy as an active member, which would actually give him a rank of last and would in fact give the #2 rank trainer a bye as well in the first round.

Or we could play it as the 8 and the worse record in the season could be dropped from the playoffs, giving us 7 trainers and a bye for the best record. Again the idea was to give every member a chance in the playoff, so we could still give all 8 entry into the playoffs and give a bye to the top 2 trainers.

Which brings me another issues. Taurosdude15, he is on the ladder, but I have not heard from him since he joined the ladder.

This is 2 members of the Kalos Cup Season 1 that could potentially put a halt in the process.

I know I am running the Kalos Cup, but I like putting things to a vote so I can get the majority and not just my way of doing things. I think we know from my time as an ADMIN how much I like sticking to rules and my O.C.D. of things.

So as the Kalos Cup Commander, working title, haha I would like to say if Donnie boy and taurosdude15 don't check in by the time the first wave is completed, then we proceed without them and if they show up before the end date and wish to get their battles in, whatever battles they get in before the end of the tournament count. If that means we have done 3 waves, battled each member 3 times, you may battle Taurosdude15 or Donnie boy 3 times in a row, best of 3 battles each time of course, for them to catch up and it will count as long as everything is recorded on the ladder.

Also I would like to thank everyone for using the ladder. I think it is a great way to keep track of ranking without any well I beat him and you lost to him.

The first wave is almost complete, for me I need to battle Darkrai13, Taurosdude15, and Donnie boy. So keep up the good work, tweak your teams or keep multiple teams, or try something out of the box.

Good luck to everyone going forward.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Donnie boy's Avatar
    Credits

Hey guys sorry about the radio silence, xmas, new year stuff hit hard the last few days, like Darkrai I havent had much time to tinker with showdown, Ive never used it, I was really hoping this tournament would become wifi battles, this whole showdown stuff is a little out of my area, and with work starting up for me again, my time will be extremely limited. When do people think this tournament will move onto x/y wifi ? Cuz ill always have a few hours each day to breed and level up, battle etc in the actual game. If it all stays on showdown I may have to remove myself from the tournament, sorry about that but I prefer to battle in the actual game and I'm waaaaay too lazy to figure out showdown Apologies again.
    Trainer name: Donny
    Switch friend code: SW-2164-3125-4438
    Pokémon Home friend code: ZVESWASXFWAJ

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie boy View Post
    Hey guys sorry about the radio silence, xmas, new year stuff hit hard the last few days, like Darkrai I havent had much time to tinker with showdown, Ive never used it, I was really hoping this tournament would become wifi battles, this whole showdown stuff is a little out of my area, and with work starting up for me again, my time will be extremely limited. When do people think this tournament will move onto x/y wifi ? Cuz ill always have a few hours each day to breed and level up, battle etc in the actual game. If it all stays on showdown I may have to remove myself from the tournament, sorry about that but I prefer to battle in the actual game and I'm waaaaay too lazy to figure out showdown Apologies again.
    Well the tournament started 3 days ago and to start battling on wi-fi I would have to breed 4 new Pokémon 4 days ago. Showdown takes about 15-20 minutes to input your Pokémon information and save them. I don't imagine this first season will be going to wi-fi. I was under the impression that moving forward the first season was on Showdown until the release of Bank and the if we had the interest for a 2nd season everyone would be able to do wi-fi then.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Donnie boy's Avatar
    Credits

Ok, I should have removed myself when showdown was first mentioned, I have been on showdown and have no idea what I'm doing 15-20 mins may work for somone who knows all the ins and outs of pokemon, but I really don't know where to start on building a pokemon that doesnt actually exist in my game yet. I guess what I'm saying is I am a total newbie when it comes to teambuilding and breeding etc so a lot of this stuff is over my head, evs, ivs etc are somthing ive only gotten into recently. I rely on the stats judge and natures in my breeding and thats it. The actual stats etc are kind of invisible to me. So I think I'm out of my depth here

As for the tournament starting 3 days ago, I had no idea until I found this thread tonight, I had been following the "You've been drafted" thread, and on there the whole thing was still being figured out, my bad. To spare any further frustrations for people who would be waiting on me, I'll formally bow out now. Apologies again if this messes up the whole process. For what its worth I do have an interest in battling on wifi if season 2 happens, even if my ill bred pokes get wooped by all of ye ;D
    Trainer name: Donny
    Switch friend code: SW-2164-3125-4438
    Pokémon Home friend code: ZVESWASXFWAJ

Credits
    Blog Entries

Showdown is pretty straight forward.

On the main page you click on 1 of 3 tabs, Play, Play Online, or Smogon University (official server).

Once there most people go to the Lobby on the chat room site, I like the league chat room, there are less people.

However to make a team there is the Teambuilder button, big button can't miss it.

Once there click new team.

It pretty much walks you the rest of the way. The only thing for the Kalos Cup you need to change is the level, from 100 to 50.

But yeah on the You've been drafted thread it was decided over a week ago for Season 1 would be on Showdown, which your questions about Showdown were answered then. The last post in that thread was 4 days, everything has been posted and stated as moved to this thread, repeatedly.

Everything can go on as planned. As with any tournament held on PokéFarm you always plan for no shows and oh that was this week.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Darkrai13's Avatar
    Credits

I've been playing around with it on my phone, and I'll tell you one thing. It's not easy to test an all Kalos team against a team of legends and pseudo legends. I think I'm prepared to have my first battle, so whoever wants to battle I'm up for it now!

Credits
    Blog Entries

I've been playing around with it on my phone, and I'll tell you one thing. It's not easy to test an all Kalos team against a team of legends and pseudo legends. I think I'm prepared to have my first battle, so whoever wants to battle I'm up for it now!
    My phone hates Showdown. I tried to use my phone to test my team against my team. I can't have my account and Caden's both active on my laptop.

I am in the Lobby and I can setup a challenge on the ladder if you want to get our best of 3 in.