Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You've been drafted

Credits
    Blog Entries

Exclamation You've been drafted

So I have been trying for awhile and there has been more talk lately about battling, so I would like to officially start a thread to get this rolling and find members to battle.

I myself would like to do wi-fi battles, but the option is there for Showdown battles.

So I have been wanting to do Pokémon only found in the Kalos region, #650-715.

I know this would limit things to really 32, I think, usable Pokémon.

So after some discussion what we would do is have a draft, based on the number of participants we could have a few rounds to draft Pokémon. When a Pokémon is selected, no other player could use it for that season. It would become a signature Pokémon. The rest of the team could be filled with any Pokémon not selected in the draft.

Say we have 8 people in the season, 2 rounds would allow for 16 signature Pokémon to be selected and a remaining 16 Pokémon to select from. It would guarantee some uniqueness in the teams.

If we would continue on to further seasons I could see adding in the remaining Pokémon and having drafts each season to to add to your team. With your previous season's record dictating your draft order. New participants would get higher drafting order, but returning members would get to franchise one Pokémon from their previous season.

Yes this would follow my football style league idea again. I am bound and determine to get this to happen.

I would like to figure in weekly battles, like 1 battle a week, maybe a best of 3.

Prize ideas, I am not sure yet. Battle Maison items, Super Trainer stones maybe, IV Pokémon, I am not sure.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Slimjim367's Avatar
    Credits

Count me in!
    3DS Friend Code: 0662-2766-6216
    IGN: Jamie
    My safari type is Fighting and the pokemon are: Pancham, Machoke, Tyrogue

White 2 FC: 2151 7122 0017
    I have game in every generation; if anyone wants anything female in one of Kurt's Apricorn Balls from Soul Silver to breed - Let me know!

Pokemon Trainer Student Array UnderFudge's Avatar
    Credits

Sounds interesting! I'm in!

Next Event: Sea Side Shellos

Credits
    Blog Entries

Caden says he will do it, but I can't really imagine him making a team that is not identical to mine. So this will be interesting.

So 4 members.

I would like to have atleast 8 members before going forward.

Please remember that this would be a 1 battle session a week, best of 3 matches. I'm not going to say it is going to have to take place every weekend, what I can do once we have all the members sign up is figure out a schedule and at the start of each week you have the entire week to get in your battle and pots the results.

Like I said, I would like to do this on wi-fi, so that would play into the draft knowing your team and what Kalos Pokémon you have at your reserve.

The only problem I have with Showdown is, for Caden and I both to have an account the staff at Showdown frown on that, they see that as a way for a person to pad their ranking.

So Caden and I could share an account, but then that could lead to was I battling Buzz or Caden.

I hope my battling would be different than a 9 year olds, but you never know.

Credits
    Blog Entries

There has to be more than 4 members that battle on this site.

Don't make me point out the fact there is a child wanting to beat older members. And he has in the past.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Darkrai13's Avatar
    Credits

Oops didn't see this thread Count me in!

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Donnie boy's Avatar
    Credits

Count me in too but I will say that being from Ireland I don't know if I fully grasp the draught mechanics, but I'm sure I can figure it out
    Trainer name: Donny
    Switch friend code: SW-2164-3125-4438
    Pokémon Home friend code: ZVESWASXFWAJ

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Slimjim367's Avatar
    Credits

So we have 6! almost there! there must be more willing to join!!

As for the staff at showdown...does it really matter? if we happened to utilize it, we wouldnt care about our ladder score or anything.
    3DS Friend Code: 0662-2766-6216
    IGN: Jamie
    My safari type is Fighting and the pokemon are: Pancham, Machoke, Tyrogue

White 2 FC: 2151 7122 0017
    I have game in every generation; if anyone wants anything female in one of Kurt's Apricorn Balls from Soul Silver to breed - Let me know!

Mana Gym Leader Array Slizer107's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

When would you be looking to do this? I would potentially be interested in taking part, its just I am only getting the game tomorrow so would need a time frame to work with to see if it is possible (also when I return to uni I will need to see if Wifi works :P)
    Use to be the site pest, the a gym leader and at times both!
    I would say I am an old member... but I joined when I was 12, so 6 years down the line I am only 18...

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie boy View Post
    Count me in too but I will say that being from Ireland I don't know if I fully grasp the draught mechanics, but I'm sure I can figure it out
    The draft just means I will take every who signs up and put their name in a hat or in a program to draw names at random. That will determine the order at which we will then be able to pick a Pokémon for our team. Depending on how many people sign up will depend on how many rounds of the draft we will have.

Quote Originally Posted by Slizer107 View Post
    When would you be looking to do this? I would potentially be interested in taking part, its just I am only getting the game tomorrow so would need a time frame to work with to see if it is possible (also when I return to uni I will need to see if Wifi works :P)
    I imagine it is going to take some time yet. We have 6 people interested so far. If we start out on Showdown do you think you would be able to start battling on there earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by Slimjim367 View Post
    So we have 6! almost there! there must be more willing to join!!

As for the staff at showdown...does it really matter? if we happened to utilize it, we wouldnt care about our ladder score or anything.
    The thing with that is Showdown can block my IP address and keep me from creating another login to battle in the future. I can try to contact them and ask if they would mind, but I find with anything to do with Smogon, they don't change any of their rules for anyone other then their elite.