Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: You've been drafted

Credits
    Blog Entries

A few of the new tactics I was researching have been taking out of the mix. Depending on the last pick I may be out of horses in the stable. Hopefully the pick will be made today and we can this weekend to plan teams and get Showdown setup and I can get the battle schedule done up and we can get rolling by Monday.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Donnie boy's Avatar
    Credits

I checked out showdown, it appears to be a program you must download and install? My laptop is very important for my work this definitely doesnt have any hidden spyware or anything, it comes from a reliable source yeah? Sorry about the nervousness but I tend to avoid all unnessacary installs, torrents, streaming sites if possible. Id really need to know from you guys if this program is 100% safe before I sign off on using it. Id really prefer if we could get to wi-fi battles asap, as thats really the core experience for me anyway

@Darkrai: Sorry about that, but he's my favourite of the new pokes

As for mega evolutions, I think we should exclude them for now, as a draft system for megas would be very unbalanced as some megas are obviously better than others, and in my experience megas tend to remove a lot of the strategy from battles.

Because the amount of new kalos pokemon are quite limited, maybe we should open the second round of drafts to pokemon native to Kalos, (pokemon that appear in the kalos pokedex) at the very least to allow more variety in types/ strategy etc ?

Just my two cents for what its worth.
    Trainer name: Donny
    Switch friend code: SW-2164-3125-4438
    Pokémon Home friend code: ZVESWASXFWAJ

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie boy View Post
    I checked out showdown, it appears to be a program you must download and install? My laptop is very important for my work this definitely doesnt have any hidden spyware or anything, it comes from a reliable source yeah? Sorry about the nervousness but I tend to avoid all unnessacary installs, torrents, streaming sites if possible. Id really need to know from you guys if this program is 100% safe before I sign off on using it. Id really prefer if we could get to wi-fi battles asap, as thats really the core experience for me anyway

@Darkrai: Sorry about that, but he's my favourite of the new pokes

As for mega evolutions, I think we should exclude them for now, as a draft system for megas would be very unbalanced as some megas are obviously better than others, and in my experience megas tend to remove a lot of the strategy from battles.

Because the amount of new kalos pokemon are quite limited, maybe we should open the second round of drafts to pokemon native to Kalos, (pokemon that appear in the kalos pokedex) at the very least to allow more variety in types/ strategy etc ?

Just my two cents for what its worth.

Just click the Play Online button or the Play tab at the top. Don't download it, the download is .

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Donnie boy's Avatar
    Credits

Ah thats grand so
    Trainer name: Donny
    Switch friend code: SW-2164-3125-4438
    Pokémon Home friend code: ZVESWASXFWAJ

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie boy View Post
    Ah thats grand so

Yeah I originally tried to download it before so I could try and make my own server and build our Spawn Pokémon into it and it was a nightmare.

The team creation is a bit of a pain, but backing it up is a click of a button also.

Credits
    Blog Entries

ADD-ON:
    KidChrono sent me a Textbox message and said he cannot post, but he chooses Meowstic. I am wondering with Meowstic does male and female count as seperate Pokémon or would selecting Meowstic take both options away?

KidChrono has selected Meowstic

So I believe we can take the weekend to build our teams and I will get the schedule wrote and I will post that when it is complete.

Round 1:

Pick Trainer Pokémon Pick
    1 Darkrai13 Greninja
    2 Taurosdude15 Trevenant
    3 BugCatcher6 Goodra
    4 Slimjim367 Noivern
    5 Underfudge Florges
    6 lordlogan2 Klefki
    7 Donnie boy Heliolisk
    8 Slizer107 Talonflame
    9 KidChrono Meowstic

Could everyone post their Showdown name so we all know who we are looking for?

Also I am requesting a Kalos Cup chat room from Showdown, so it will be a lot easier for us to find and challenge each other.
    Last edited by BugCatcher6; 12-27-2013 at 09:13 PM.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Slimjim367's Avatar
    Credits

Showdown name: Slimjim367

A chatroom would be great, if not we can still find one another, but it wouldn't be as cool.

Meowstic should totally count as both, (giving him exclusive access to either) as Pumpkaboo would count only as one (no matter the size); although I can see the argument about different movesets being important.

Is there a species clause? Greninja is taken, could I take Frogadier (hypothetically)?
    3DS Friend Code: 0662-2766-6216
    IGN: Jamie
    My safari type is Fighting and the pokemon are: Pancham, Machoke, Tyrogue

White 2 FC: 2151 7122 0017
    I have game in every generation; if anyone wants anything female in one of Kurt's Apricorn Balls from Soul Silver to breed - Let me know!

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Slimjim367 View Post
    Showdown name: Slimjim367

A chatroom would be great, if not we can still find one another, but it wouldn't be as cool.

Meowstic should totally count as both, (giving him exclusive access to either) as Pumpkaboo would count only as one (no matter the size); although I can see the argument about different movesets being important.

Is there a species clause? Greninja is taken, could I take Frogadier (hypothetically)?
    Species clause I always thought meant no duplicates of the same Pokemon, like you cannot have a Male Meowstic and a Female Meowstic on the same team because they have the same PokéDex #, but Greninja and Frogadier have different Dex #'s so they are usable on the same team.

That is why I brought up the Meowstic issue. I don't know why GameFreak gave them the same Dex# and made them different, it is a major waste I think. They would make an awesome Doubles pairing.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Slimjim367's Avatar
    Credits

They would!

I always assumed species clause referred to only 1 pokemon of each evolutionary line being allowed per team!

I guess I can use a Slowbro and a Slowking (on another team)!

We have always used Dex# as the species clause and the VGC and PGL does as well.
    Last edited by BugCatcher6; 12-27-2013 at 11:27 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 0662-2766-6216
    IGN: Jamie
    My safari type is Fighting and the pokemon are: Pancham, Machoke, Tyrogue

White 2 FC: 2151 7122 0017
    I have game in every generation; if anyone wants anything female in one of Kurt's Apricorn Balls from Soul Silver to breed - Let me know!

Alright I can post now, excellent! Yeah definitely male for Prankster since Klefki is taken :P

I can argue both points but as it is I'd be surprised if I see a female Meowstic make it on anyone's team, but then again I'm only really familiar with Slimjim's playstyle! Time to create the team !

Edit: Showdown name is KidChrono
    Last edited by KidChrono; 12-28-2013 at 03:05 AM.