Thread: Poké Academy Battle Archives

Credits
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Poké Academy Battle Archives

Keeping with the Academy as a teaching tool, I thought I would share my battles here, as well as anyone else wishing to share their battles. I find watching battles are a good way to pick up tactics and tricks to use for myself. And I have a terrible memory, so sometimes finding the battle again to watch or remembering the trick or tactic to try again is lost and I am back at the drawing board so to speak.

So maybe sharing will help everyone out. So we think of this as a rate my team, tactics, and/or style thread.

Archived Battles

Date Trainers Search Code

Last edited by BugCatcher6; 05-03-2014 at 09:04 PM.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Wi-Fi/PGL Competions

X/Y Beta Competition
    Masters Division

Date Trainers Search Code

Last edited by BugCatcher6; 05-03-2014 at 09:03 PM.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Extra Space for later.
    Last edited by BugCatcher6; 12-06-2013 at 03:13 AM.

Credits
    Blog Entries

I would like to turn this into a training tool. Saving battles to watch and learn from. However I am not sure how many battles you can save to your 3DS or in game or where it is saving the info.

I guess I should have asked UnderFudge before posting. Also I don't have our 2nd battle. If you happen to have our second battle saved please post the search code.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array UnderFudge's Avatar
    Credits

I have our second battle recorded

Here's the code TT7G-WWWW-WWW3-HWEV

Next Event: Sea Side Shellos

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UnderFudge View Post
    I have our second battle recorded

Here's the code TT7G-WWWW-WWW3-HWEV
    Cool deal I will add it. Like I said I don't know how it saves these battles. I did not save the 2nd battle because I thought it was like Gen V and overwrote the last saved battled.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Darkrai13's Avatar
    Credits

You can save up to 100 battles this gen

Credits
    Blog Entries

So I finally have a complete all Kalos team finish, well a starting team for an all Kalos team. Building the team has me wanting to try new things already. I still prefer to build a team by trial an error over building one on Showdown. Although building one on Showdown saves time if things do not work, I feel building one in game leads to new ideas, looking at each individual move, base stats, abilities, and so on will let you see more than what others see and what Smogon tells everyone they should be doing.

So I got to test my latest Pokémon early this morning against UnderFudge, who I have to admit always gives me a good battle. However I feel this morning I have become pretty familiar with his team. Which I believe became pretty apparent in the 2nd battle. The first battle I believe I completely earned that win and my new guys did what they were designed to do and they changed the battle as intended.

The 2nd battle you can see where I know UnderFudge's team well. I am not going to give away the tactic, but I hope anyone into battling can watch the video and learn from it.

I think in our 2nd video from 12/06/2013 you can see a mistake made by me and I believe I make the same mistake in the 2nd battle this time as well.

Mistakes happen. The reason I wanted to start this thread is to have a learning tool around. I said it when I was the Beacon Gym and I was telling a guild leader over on the Serebii forums, whether you win or lose, you learn. I know it sounds cheesy, but honestly if I stop learning tricks or something new to want to try, I would not want to battle anymore.

I talked to a guild leader on the Serebii forums about battling. His co-leaders complained about him challenging stronger guilds to wars. Why would you challenge a guild that would beat us?

I asked, why wouldn't you want to challenge a stronger opponent? That would be like watching the New England Patriots take on a bunch of children. Battling someone better is going to bring out your best. If you battle someone you should beat, chances are you are going to get lax.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array UnderFudge's Avatar
    Credits

I really need to finish my team :L

I tend to randomly breed and EV train Pokémon I like, as well as Farming Event Pokémon. Anyways *Back to breeding.*

Next Event: Sea Side Shellos

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UnderFudge View Post
    I really need to finish my team :L

I tend to randomly breed and EV train Pokémon I like, as well as Farming Event Pokémon. Anyways *Back to breeding.*
    My team does not really have any flow right now. As you see my Tyrantrum is my lead because there are only 2 Kalos Pokémon that can learn Stealth Rock. I am assume that is it because there was a Japanese guidebook released with post bank egg moves and Serebii did not add any new Kalos Pokémon to the Stealth Rock list.

Once Tyrantrum has his Hidden Ability released I would think his Stealth Rock days will be over, Dragon Dance and STAB Head Smash with no recoil or Scarf STAB Head Smash for that matter.

Delphox is a filler for Klefki and Aegislash, although Klefki has access to Foul Play and Aegislash has access to "insert Psychic killer move here".

Goodra is on the team, well because it is good ya.

The only pairing I have is the Meowstic and Slurpuff, but Slurpuff only needs someone to set up a wall. Even then it is a gimmick and can be countered. Take a look at the 2 battles. Had you had Greninja or even your Medicham with Bullet Punch, bye bye Slurpuff. The 2nd battle that miss almost had done me in. If it was not for Meowstic holding Light Clay Reflect would have been over 2 rounds before that and Slurpuff would have been a burnt marshmallow.

That is with any battle. You have to look for an opening. I got an opening in the 1st battle and barely hung on. I got lucky in the 2nd battle and found another opening and swept out again. Highly unlikely either of those would happen again.

I would really like to play with weather teams, but there are no auto weather starters in Kalos other than Aurorus and that is an unreleased Hidden Ability. So everything would need to be started by moves and since there Item Clause is usually in effect, there can only be 1 Pokémon boosting the weather.