Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Battle Maison

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Darkrai13's Avatar
    Credits

Oh yeah, haha, sorry for the misunderstanding; I guess the turkey is starting to get to me. hehe ^_^; I think I'll breed some elekids!

Credits
    Blog Entries

So while I am hatching eggs I figured I would post the team I am working on just for the Battle Maison. I was looking over Smogon's Battle Maison Discussion & Records thread and I noticed that there was a Super Single record of 315 consecutive wins set by lolnub and he was the only member to do so under the Battle Maison Super Singles Records (Entrainment Teams)category, so I was looking into more, well actually I asked him about a spare Lansat and Starf Berry.

Looking into his team, Durant / Garchomp / Mega Gyarados, his post about what happened in his final battle, and some other post from the thread, I thought I could maybe tweak the team a bit. So off to spend some time looking for Durant hordes, Sableye Safari, and a bit of Magikarp fishing and I was set to start breeding. O.k. I lied I had to Limber up my Dittos and I also had to level up a stud Abra to Kadabra.

So the team will be.

Sableye
    Item: Leftovers
    Nature: Calm
    IVs: 31 / x / 31 / X / 31 / X
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 DEF / 252 SP.DEF
    Ability: Prankster
    Move-set:

• Taunt
    • Will-O-Wisp
    • Recover
    • Snarl

Durant
    Item 1: None
    Item 2: Choice Scarf
    Nature: Jolly
    IVs: X / 31 / 31 / x / X / 31
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 ATK / 252 SPD
    Ability: Truant
    Move-set:

• Entrainment
    • Protect
    • X-Scissor
    • Iron Head

Gyarados
    Item: Gyaradosite
    Nature: Adamant
    IVs: X / 31 / X / x / 31 / 31
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 ATK / 252 SPD
    Ability: Intimidate (Mold Breaker)
    Move-set:

• Waterfall
    • Protect
    • Substitute
    • Dragon Dance

The tactic is a bit boring. Basically lead with Sableye and Taunt to stop anything from Protect or stopping me from setting up my Entrainment. Switch to Durant and then use Entrainment to make the opponent become Truant. Switch to Gyarados, Protect on the round the opponent can attack, Dragon Dance on the round the opponent will be Truant and rinse and repeat until you have Dragon Danced into a beast and then just sweep your opponents. Mega Gyarados' ability becomes Mold Breaker, so Waterfall is not resisted by any now, Storm Drain is ineffective with Mold Breaker, also there is a chance to flinch with Waterfall so bonus haha.

I am not too thrilled about only Snarl as my only attack on Sableye, but I was thinking maybe I could also go with a DEF nature like Bold and add 252 DEF EVs and use Snarl and that might make me a little happier.

Not sure what to use on Durant as an item. Not liking the Choice Scarf. I know it is use to get the fast Entrainment off, but I am wondering if Quick Claw or Rocky Helmet would be a better option? I was thinking of more of a defensive Durant than a speed Durant.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array platinum's Avatar
    Credits

Choice Scarf on an Entrainment/Protect Durant?

Thanks so much Vasden2!
    White FC: 5071-8056-6941
    White2 FC: 4041-4660-3856
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-6481-9101
    Friend Safari: Bug- Ledyba/Volbeat/Venemoth

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    Choice Scarf on an Entrainment/Protect Durant?
    I don't get it either, I was thinking Life Orb might be what I go with after I get some more BP, most likely Rocky Helmet until then.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Darkrai13's Avatar
    Credits

Alright, Electivire seems to be doing much better than Breloom

Credits
    Blog Entries

Just curious if anyone has any input.

All the Smogon builds for Durant are either Swarm or Hustle and have the EVs for 4 HP / 252 ATK / 252 SPD. Now for an Entrainment Truant Durant the builds have 252 HP / 4 ATK / 252 SPD.

They also use Choice Scarf to make sure Entrainment is going first, even though they have Protect on the move-set.

What I am wondering is, should I maybe keep the EV spread with the 4 HP / 252 ATK / 252 SPD since Durant is not going to take many special attacks to begin with and should not be OHKO'd with a physical attack, normally?

I also don't get the 4 HP on the Life Orb builds since wouldn't the 4 HP put you up to the next higher recoil damage from Life Orb?

Credits

Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post
    Just curious if anyone has any input.

All the Smogon builds for Durant are either Swarm or Hustle and have the EVs for 4 HP / 252 ATK / 252 SPD. Now for an Entrainment Truant Durant the builds have 252 HP / 4 ATK / 252 SPD.

They also use Choice Scarf to make sure Entrainment is going first, even though they have Protect on the move-set.

What I am wondering is, should I maybe keep the EV spread with the 4 HP / 252 ATK / 252 SPD since Durant is not going to take many special attacks to begin with and should not be OHKO'd with a physical attack, normally?

I also don't get the 4 HP on the Life Orb builds since wouldn't the 4 HP put you up to the next higher recoil damage from Life Orb?
    I don't think a Choice Scarf is necessary unless you want to get an Entrainment off on certain things that outspeed Durant (and fully invested with base 109 Speed, not much does). Also, side note: Please use something like SPE for Speed as you used SPD for both Speed and Special Defense and confused to heck outta me X.X

Thanks so much Vasden2!

Credits
    Blog Entries

I don't think a Choice Scarf is necessary unless you want to get an Entrainment off on certain things that outspeed Durant (and fully invested with base 109 Speed, not much does). Also, side note: Please use something like SPE for Speed as you used SPD for both Speed and Special Defense and confused to heck outta me X.X

I use SP.DEF for Special Defense and SPD for Speed. I was meaning adding 252 HP EVs and not investing any in Defense or Special Defense is going to rely on the natural bulk and that means special attacks are going to OHKO with anything pretty much not resisted and even then that is iffy and anything physical that is stabbed may be a 2HKO without HP EVs.

There was no mention of SP.DEF EVs in the previous post, as I always use SP.DEF when talking about special defense.

Aerodactyl and a few others do outspeed Durant in the Battle Maison, as all Battle Maison Pokémon are perfect IV and EV'd.

Credits

Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post
    I use SP.DEF for Special Defense and SPD for Speed. I was meaning adding 252 HP EVs and not investing any in Defense or Special Defense is going to rely on the natural bulk and that means special attacks are going to OHKO with anything pretty much not resisted and even then that is iffy and anything physical that is stabbed may be a 2HKO without HP EVs.

There was no mention of SP.DEF EVs in the previous post, as I always use SP.DEF when talking about special defense.

Aerodactyl and a few others do outspeed Durant in the Battle Maison, as all Battle Maison Pokémon are perfect IV and EV'd.
    Really? My bad :P. Anyway, I don't think it's worth locking Durant in on Entrainment just to outspeed a few specific things (besides, Durant has enough bulk to take anything from Aerodactyl besides Fire Fang).

Thanks so much Vasden2!

Credits
    Blog Entries

Really? My bad :P. Anyway, I don't think it's worth locking Durant in on Entrainment just to outspeed a few specific things (besides, Durant has enough bulk to take anything from Aerodactyl besides Fire Fang).
    Flinching from Rock Slide puts Truant into effect and Durant into KO.