Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2013 International Challenge March

Torrent Gym Leader/Head Farmer Array Deneves's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post
    I could not get over how fast and bulky other Pokémon were. Like a Ninetales and Arcanine taking an Earthquake from my Swampert. I have seen Swampert OHKO with a STAB Earthquake.
    Arcanine doesn't surprise me as it is naturally fairly bulky especially if it Intimidates you first, but I wouldn't think Ninetales could take an Earthquake. I guess that's the new build for Ninetales as weather teams rely on it surviving.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deneves View Post
    Arcanine doesn't surprise me as it is naturally fairly bulky especially if it Intimidates you first, but I wouldn't think Ninetales could take an Earthquake. I guess that's the new build for Ninetales as weather teams rely on it surviving.
    I faced 5 Ninetales and 4 of them after 1 Earthquake had [] HP left, no Focus Sash though. 1 did faint after an Earthquake from Swampert.

What killed me was the no charge Solarbeam.

And the opponents that put my entire team to sleep. My Swampert strangely froze a lot of opponents. Atleast 1 opponent every other battle, strangely lucky with only a 10% chance.

Credits
    Blog Entries

I am planning out and going to start working on a new team here very soon. Anyone on the forum have a VGC style team to battle with? Practice makes perfect, so I am hoping we have a few different styles left on the forum.

Credits
    Blog Entries

The results are in.

My first tournament and I was ranked 13,648 out of 14,531 players.

I am disappointed in my record of 12 wins 26 losses.

The first day I was winning 1 losing 1, the second day however I was getting creamed by all the shiny.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Anyone signing up for the April Challenge?

I unfortunately did not get too many new Pokémon bred. I am trying to hold off on putting my Pokémon into the battle box until maybe getting one more bred.

Although I am lacking a Chople Berry, Choice Scarf, and Life Orb. I am hoping to just feel my way through another tournament.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Darkrai13's Avatar
    Credits

Nope not this time, trying to get away from the competitive scene for a while; going back to the good old days where I'd breed a semi-decent Pokemon and just train it for fun

PokeFarm Blogger Array pokemonpal7's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

I'm going to try to get my Multi-Weather team to work. With a bit of luck, it should do.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Darkrai13's Avatar
    Credits

If you wan't multi-weather, put a Cradily with storm drain on your team. Trust me, it works.

PokeFarm Blogger Array pokemonpal7's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

My White 2 says there aren't any eligible competitions. How can I check if all the spaces have gone??

'There are no current competitions that you can participate in.' <-- That's what it says.

And thanks Darkrai, I haven't looked into half-rain yet, but I might consider Cradily as my rain abuser.

EDIT: Wow, Storm Drain Cradily really does look like a monster on paper! Didn't know what Storm Drain did before.

EDIT2: Figured it out. I didn't have my actual account registered, but I've got it now.
    Last edited by pokemonpal7; 04-13-2013 at 09:58 AM.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Does anyone play in the Junior division? Caden was wanting to give it a try and I was curious as to what the competition was like. I think truly he has one or two IV bred and EV trained Pokémon, minus his LC team.

He does not get into the whole IV and EV thing. He was talking about getting into the current monthly challenge and I was telling him about the IVs and EVs and he said, you are boring me. I just want to battle.

I said that is fine if you don't want to get into all that. I said you have done well so far though with what we have worked on. Which once again he said, that was all you, I just collected and hatched eggs.

So I think I may help him design a team and let him collect and hatch eggs again.

I believe the main type of teams have been Rain Dance, Sunny Day, Trick Room, and then just pure offense.

I know he likes fast Pokémon. I was thinking of going maybe Rain Dance for him and toss in some fast Thunder users. I believe a Rain Dance could cover the Dragons used, the only downside is finding something to deal with Steel Pokémon, although Toxicroak might fit the bill there. I could always go completely annoying with his team.