Thread: Pikachu 3DS XL to North America on March 24

Torrent Gym Leader/Head Farmer Array Deneves's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Default Pikachu 3DS XL to North America on March 24

This is the 3DS that I've been waiting for.

REDMOND, Wash., March 14, 2013 - Pokémon fans will get a jolt of excitement when Nintendo releases the Pikachu Edition Nintendo 3DS XL hand-held system on March 24. This bold yellow Nintendo 3DS XL hardware features a familiar outline of the iconic Pokémon. The system also comes packaged with a 4GB SD memory card and will be available while supplies last at a suggested retail price of $199.99.

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity launches the same day as the Pikachu Edition Nintendo 3DS XL system, and draws players in with a deep and compelling story full of unexpected twists. While playing as one of five popular Pokémon, players travel through a near-infinite amount of randomly generated Mystery Dungeons, battle and recruit other Pokémon and collect hidden treasure. The game is available exclusively on the Nintendo 3DS and includes the ability to discover Magnagates - entrances to new dungeons - by scanning everyday circular objects with the Nintendo 3DS Camera. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity is available at a suggested retail price of $34.99. For more information about the game, visit http://www.pokemon.com/MysteryDungeon.

Nintendo is offering a special bonus for people who buy both a Nintendo 3DS XL system and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity. Anyone who registers a Nintendo 3DS XL system and either Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity or Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon with Club Nintendo between March 21 and April 30 will receive a code to download one of five Nintendo 3DS games for free: Super Mario 3D Land, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone!, Star Fox 64 3D or Freakyforms Deluxe: Your Creations, Alive!

Nintendo 3DS XL includes two screens that are 90 percent larger than those found on Nintendo 3DS. In addition to the latest Nintendo 3DS games, such as Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (launching March 24) and Fire Emblem Awakening (now available), the portable system is also compatible with hundreds of Nintendo DS games

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Darkrai13's Avatar
    Credits

I want it but I have a 3DS... Why do you wait so long to release awesome things like this Nintendo?!? I also want that Charizard 3DS XL that was released in Japan as well, and the Fire Emblem 3DS, and the Zelda 3DS, and those Mario 3DS' that were a reward from Club Nintendo... maybe I should just start stockpiling 3DS' lol

Credits
    Blog Entries

I waited until the last minute to buy Caden's and mine 3DS XL at Christmas time. I was waiting for a special edition to be released and nothing. No Black Friday, No Crhistmas, so I figured why not. I just bought my daughter the Pink 3DS XL and it should be here for her birthday. Now the Pikachu comes out. I am seriously jacked. The Pink was suppose to be a limited edition and I finally found one, bought it online, went to Best Buy the next day and they had one there for way less. Although I believe the price shown was mislabeled.

I want a bright orange. I have never seen a bright orange and it is about time Nintendo gives me one. I would buy all 3 of us a new 3DS XL if they released them in neon colors.

Credits
    Blog Entries

I would advise you to move fast if you are looking for one of these. The only stores to carry these are ones that previously ran pokemon promotions. That is Gamestop, Target, Toys-R-Us and Walmart. From what I have seen & heard most Target stores only received 2-3 of these. Gamestop stores in my area received 3. Toys-R-Us got in only 5 and could not order any more for me and the nearest one that had it in stock was Billings Montana. While Target.com and Gamestop.com are sold out of these, Walmart.com has them in stock as I write this.
    No word as of yet whether more are to shipped out or not. I heard that the Japanese ones were pre-order only so this may be a very limited edition.

Relic Gym Retiree/Super Moderator Array Dr. Narnad's Avatar
    Credits

I'll have to go and chat with my connection at Target and see if I can't snag one of these. Bonus is she's also my connection at my local adult beverage dispensary. Extra bonus is she is cute.
    Knowledge speaks but wisdom listens.
    3DS XL Friend: 5086-2640-6669

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Narnad View Post
    I'll have to go and chat with my connection at Target and see if I can't snag one of these. Bonus is she's also my connection at my local adult beverage dispensary. Extra bonus is she is cute.
    Target had them advertised on sale for 50 off in our ares, $149. Target.com had them for $159 on-line so if you could get them from target you would be money ahead.