Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Curious about real life.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Default Curious about real life.

I have been wondering how many people actually have friends they play Pokémon with in real life? I have my son, but 85% of what I do with Pokémon is a solo adventure.

I know most of the older members started when their kids were into it and seems like once their kids interest faded so did theirs.

Which really sucks I have met people at game releases and Pokémon events, but they were mostly college kids or younger. Which college kids still don't want to hang out with someone my age haha.

Not that I think about Pokémon all the time. It just gets frustrating working on breeding and training teams and the most action I get out them is me battling myself with 2 DS systems.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Darkrai13's Avatar
    Credits

None of my friends really play anymore. They kinda grew out of it years ago but I kept playing haha. For me Pokemon is just something I do when I'm doing something else nowadays, like I'll breed while I'm texting a friend or waiting for food to cook.I enjoy collecting and training but battling and stuff isn't really my thing so I guess the whole solo adventure thing has always worked for me and I haven't thought much of it.

Credits
    Blog Entries

My son is really not into it either anymore. I think he plays it because I do. Once he beats the game they sit or he restarts the game.

Not that I am looking for someone to play and talk Pokémon all day. I just grow tired of playing solo games. Was playing DCUO, but for being a MMORPG I play solo. I would need another ps3 and tv so my son and I could both play at the same time.

She Will, She Will, Rock You Array Sorgatani's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

I found out recently that my fiance's neighbour plays pokemon, so once in a while I trade with him, and I also play pokemon alongside my sister and my nephew.
    I suspect my nephew's interest fazes in and out, but that's okay.

Most of my gameplay is solo adventure as well.
    Last edited by Sorgatani; 03-01-2013 at 06:31 PM.
    Credit for Michigan Toed image goes to thefuriousangel
    Credit for Jester Politoed image goes to N0t2f34r
    Sorgatani's Pokemon Collection

PokeFarm Blogger Array pokemonpal7's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

I have no one irl ;_; I had two, but their interest faded. They were remotely interested in hearing about Gen.6, and one still might buy B/W2, but I don't see them much anyway

Credits

It's not the fact that nobody plays the games, it's just that very few people are willing to admit that they still play them. No one in my high school wants to be "that kid who still plays pokemon" but I guarantee you that I could still point out quite a few who do.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Promote the site in school and maybe if they see older kids playing they might feel more comfortable.

There are so many people from here that I don't see anymore. Can't the forum send an email like they do for your birthday and let old members know we are back?

Credits

I'll see what I can do As for the email thing, maybe there could be some sort of monthly news letter? With forum and pokemon news so that old members will get them and start to remember the site

Credits
    Blog Entries

I just looked Pokemon.com and they actually have a feature to find leagues in your area. I have 2 that are fairly close to me. I emailed the leagues to check on requirements and everything.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Maybe at least 2 people I know played pokemon. I had a bunch that did before but they all moved or I just never talked to them anymore (They were older than me, so we seperated when they went to Middle School). They probably started back when pokemon Silver and Fire Red came out, and my best friend started when Sapphire, Ruby, and Emerald came out. That's all I can remember.

-Credits to Gunshin