View Poll Results: Which Pokémon gets to evolve?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Torkoal

5 45.45%
  • Luvdisc

0 0%
  • Mawile

1 9.09%
  • Qwilfish

4 36.36%
  • Pachirisu

0 0%
  • Sableye

1 9.09%
  • Combee

0 0%
  • Scyther

0 0%
  • Shuckle

0 0%
  • Emolga

0 0%
  • Stunfisk

0 0%
  • Castform

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spawn #4.1.1: New Evolution collection

Credits
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Spawn #4.1.1: New Evolution collection

So with a new evolution we don't get into the concept very much. I mean a new evolution takes what a pre-existing Pokémon already does, and enhances it.

So what I am going to ask for this stage is tell us what Pokémon you would like to see get an evolution and why it should have an evolution.

We will take a few days, let's say Friday, to collection the candidates.

Also, please don't evolve anything into a 4th stage. We are looking with a 1 stage or a 2 stage Pokémon to evolve.

Although, now I am wonder if we could add a new 3rd stage to the mix. Like how Kirlia always evolved into Gardevoir, until Gallade was discovered in DPt.

So technically we could add a new evolution to any stage 1 or stage 2.

Things that make you go hmmm.

1. Torkoal - I think Torkoal would be due an evolution. Already has 2 decent abilities, Shell Armor and White Smoke. Although White Smoke is iffy. A few more stat points and maybe a new Dream World ability could put Torkoal up there, usage wise anyway.
    2. Luvdisc because of obvious reasons...Luvdisc is possibly the most uber pokemon ever to grace the competitive scene. With it's vastly superior movepool consisting almost entirely of water and ice type attacks, and an even greater stat spread there is no denying the dominance of Luvdisc. When this little guy comes out to the battle your foe might as well just forfeit. Being this uber, of course it would be a good idea to give it an evolution to bolster it up even more.
    3. Mawile. Having a humanoid shape offers Mawile a great deal more variety than most other steel types. With a probable increase in size due to evolution, I feel we could expand upon that variety even more, and even give it the proper stat spread to use properly. The physical design of the evolution would be even more fun to work with due to the already interesting design of mawile, consisting of two opposite appearances. One being the ferocious appearing jaws on the back, the other being a sweet gentle appearing fairy. I feel that the evolution could further exaggerate this difference to create a most intriguing design.
    4. Qwilfish is very interesting: it has two great abilities in Swift Swim and (DW) Intimidate (and a less awesome one in Poison Point), a pretty decent movepool that includes both offensive and support options, and a typing lending itself well to defensive or offensive battling. It is held back by its atrocious base stats, however. An evolution would be able to leverage the former qualities while improving upon its major weakness. What we would need to be careful with is making it too similar to Tentacruel, but I feel that would not be extremely hard with a Pokemon as diverse as Qwilfish.
    5. Pachirisu because squirrels are cool.
    6. Sableye's got an awesome typing, so it would be good to see it become a bit more powerful.
    7. With Combee not having Male evolution, I thought it could have one where it focuses on ATK and SpA, where it'll be opposite of Vespiquen.
    8. Scyther could have another evolution that evolves without trading.
    9. Shuckle. That is all - lower its defenses a little! Give it something else stupid to do!
    10. Emolga
    11. Stunfisk
    Last edited by BugCatcher6; 02-01-2013 at 01:50 AM.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Of course I wanted to nominate a bug type or Miltank, but one Pokémon kept popping into my head.

Torkoal - I think Torkoal would be due an evolution. Already has 2 decent abilities, Shell Armor and White Smoke. Although White Smoke is iffy. A few more stat points and maybe a new Dream World ability could put Torkoal up there, usage wise anyway.

The only down side to this would be, what if GameFreak adds a Torkoal Dream Ability? Would Torkoal stay a pure Fire, or become a dual type?

Credits
    Blog Entries

I'm gonna go ahead and nominate two pokes:

Luvdisc because of obvious reasons...Luvdisc is possibly the most uber pokemon ever to grace the competitive scene. With it's vastly superior movepool consisting almost entirely of water and ice type attacks, and an even greater stat spread there is no denying the dominance of Luvdisc. When this little guy comes out to the battle your foe might as well just forfeit. Being this uber, of course it would be a good idea to give it an evolution to bolster it up even more.

and
    Mawile. Having a humanoid shape offers Mawile a great deal more variety than most other steel types. With a probable increase in size due to evolution, I feel we could expand upon that variety even more, and even give it the proper stat spread to use properly. The physical design of the evolution would be even more fun to work with due to the already interesting design of mawile, consisting of two opposite appearances. One being the ferocious appearing jaws on the back, the other being a sweet gentle appearing fairy. I feel that the evolution could further exaggerate this difference to create a most intriguing design.
    From ashes we rise
    Fly we shall forever more
    Falling we shall not

Yay! I'm not the only one that highlights sigs for fun!
    ~~~Firemaster~~~

Credits
    Blog Entries

I would like to nominate the following Pokemon:
    Qwilfish is very interesting: it has two great abilities in Swift Swim and (DW) Intimidate (and a less awesome one in Poison Point), a pretty decent movepool that includes both offensive and support options, and a typing lending itself well to defensive or offensive battling. It is held back by its atrocious base stats, however. An evolution would be able to leverage the former qualities while improving upon its major weakness.
    What we would need to be careful with is making it too similar to Tentacruel, but I feel that would not be extremely hard with a Pokemon as diverse as Qwilfish.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Pachirisu because squirrels are cool.

PokeFarm Blogger Array pokemonpal7's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Torkoal often pops into my head as needing a new evolution too. But, there is one pokemon that I think screams I need a new evolution. Eevee! Joking. But seriously, Sableye's got an awesome typing, so it would be good to see it become a bit more powerful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Credits
    Blog Entries

With Combee not having Male evolution, I thought it could have one where it focuses on ATK and SpA, where it'll be opposite of Vespiquen.

Scyther could have another evolution that evolves without trading.

Edit: another one could be absol.

-Credits to Gunshin

Pokemon Trainer Student Array TheNinjaPhoenix's Avatar
    Credits

Shuckle. That is all - lower its defenses a little! Give it something else stupid to do!

Alternatively, much like Pachirisu, I'd like an Emolga evolution.

Or, finally - dun dun dun!

....Stunfisk.
    This is a signature. Ha.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Can I comment on the suggestions people make? I feel like we should discuss them too.. So here I go:
    Torkoal - I like it, but I don't see how we would make something truly different from the Pokemon we have around now. Fire is a very poor defensive typing with weakness to Ground AND Rock, which mitigates the high base stat. I feel Camerupt would be capable of more (a mixed attacker with wonderful STABs and decent resistances), and I might write a proper proposal for it if nobody else does. But still, it's a fine choice if we can make it different.

Luvdisc - How would we make this different from the >20 viable Water-type Pokemon around? I just feel like we have nothing to work with in terms of usable niches with this one.

Mawile - A great choice, has poor base stats but interesting abilities. Good movepool etc.

Pachirisu - Same problem as Luvdisc.

Sableye - Cool typing (though not the defensive powerhouse you'd believe with almost everything hitting it neutrally), poor movepool, trollish ability in Prankster. I'd say it's an okay choice.

Combee - A male, more offensive type Pokemon could be interesting, would need to be different from the host of other Bug/Flying types though.. (Assuming we don't change the typing, which we could do).

Scyther - With Scyther already having an amazing top-tier evolution, I don't personally see it as one that needs a new one, but that's just me.

Absol - Could be interesting, we could go many ways with this.

Shuckle - You can't simply evolve Shuckle, remember Eviolite! The thing would be a monster!

Emolga - It seems kind of like a standard Electric type to me, even with that Flying typing.. I guess I'm biased away from Gen V types though, since I haven't thought as much about how they need evolutions.

Stunfisk - So many weaknesses for a defensive 'mon... Also, seems extreme to boost its speed to useful levels for offensive use with an evolution, but that's just me.

These are just some quick thoughts on the proposed Pokemon, please discuss further, everyone!

Credits
    Blog Entries

I think you forget that Pokémon is famous for going to the well too often, take the Bug/Grass, Bug/Steel, Ice/Water, Poison/Grass, Poison/Water, or Fire/Fighting.

Stats don't always have to go up, take Magneton, 50/60/95/120/70/70 and Magnezone 70/70/115/130/90/60, stat drop in Speed.

Scyther and Scizor both have 500 total base stats, so a new evolution for Scyther is still an option.

Pachirisu and Emolga, let's see why does Pikachu have an evolution nobody uses? Pikachu has lower stats then Raichu, but holding a Light Ball makes Pikachu an offensive power house.

Even Shuckle, I can understand Evolite could make it huge. Power Trick could make also a huge attacker, but at 5 base speed and a 20 base HP, switching Defense for attack may be his downfall.

Stunfisk could very well be the next Garchomp with it's Dream World ability Sand Veil.

I think truly with any Pokémon could find a niche.