Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reintroduce yourself

Credits
    Blog Entries

Question Reintroduce yourself

I know it has been awhile, so I thought I would start a threat to reintroduce or to introduce yourself.

I myself am terrible with names. Like I can remember Kurt is trombones, Deneves as Deneves, Steve as well Steve, Cherkat I am pretty sure is Cherise, Sorgatani just as Tani, and other then that I drawn a blank with names.

Oh wait I did learn that lovelystrife and Cari are the same people. If anyone remembers back in the day lovelystrife and BigCatcher6 butted heads a lot. Not like an I hate you type of thing, but more of we are kind of similar so we have to argue thing. Which oddly enough Cari and Buzz get a long pretty well.

So enough of what names I kind of remember.

For everyone returning or new people coming in, I am BugCatcher6. My real name is Galen, but all my friends and family call me Buzz. It is a long story about me as a baby playing with bees and making a buzzing noise. Well look at that, maybe not such a long story he-he.

I tend to play mainly with Bug Pokémon. My favorite Pokémon of all time is Jigglypuff however. I use to run the Beacon Gym. I tend to use a lot of UU tier Pokémon. I understand they are somewhat weaker, but I enjoy the challenge. Which is also why for the longest time I could sweep teams with my Lanturn.

Which I know I sometimes have outburst that get me into trouble. I have tried to help people along the way. I have wrote guides, most of which are outdated, and I have also started the Poké Academy to help others learn more.

Which oddly enough my motto for everything Pokémon has always been, whether you win or lose, you learn. I have learned more about Pokémon by getting beat in a battle, then I have with most wins. I think I learn something new with every battle.

I also run the C.W.A. Stables, which stands for Cherrygrove Wailmer Association. Which this August/September will be 6 years of farming for me, I think. I am not sure of my exact start date. I know it was in 2007, sometime around June and I was confined to a bed for a few months he-he.

So, who are you?

Pokemon League Judge Array HMTKSteve's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

I am Steve, or the founder of Pokefarm. You can just use Steve, it's easier.

While I am the founder and the guy who pays the bills that keep everything running I am not Pokefarm. People like Buzz, Kurt, Kurt's backup copy, Nettie, Deneves, Dr. Narnad and tons more that I can not remember how to spell are Pokefarm.

Pokefarm was actually born out of my old blog. I started breeding and giving away Pokemon online shortly after Game Freaks let us trade over the Internet. Remember the old GBA days and link cables? Remember standing in line FOREVER at Toys'R Us to get a Pokemon?

While I am always online (smart phone) I do not always respond in a timely manner. I will respond eventually but at the moment I am trying to close on a house so... Yeah, that keeps me busy.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

PokeFarm Blogger Array pokemonpal7's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Why not. I'm Pokemonpal7, (there's a story behind that name, maybe I'll go into it later.) but my real name is Josh (and people call me Jay/J). I've been on PokeFarm since just after the activity died down, meaning I never got to see it in its full glory, but I still really want to. I've tried my hand at breeding and battling, and I find I'm better at battling, but still enjoy breeding.

My favourite pokemon is Sceptile, who I often use on my team. I have developed lots of different strategies for it, and have three main ones that I like using. However, I also like keeping Fire- and Dragon- types on my team.

The story behind the name is that I made a YT account when I was little called Pokemonpalrox, although I never posted anything. Then I found Runescape, and signed under the same name. But when I died, I thought it was permanent-death. It took me pokemonpalrox, pokemonpal1, pokemonpal2, pokemonpal3, Pokemonpal4, you get the idea, to figure out tha you just respawned at Lumbridge. So Pokemonpal7 became my account, and I still occasionally use it.

That's me.
    Last edited by pokemonpal7; 01-25-2013 at 05:51 PM.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HMTKSteve View Post
    I am Steve, or the founder of Pokefarm. You can just use Steve, it's easier.

While I am the founder and the guy who pays the bills that keep everything running I am not Pokefarm. People like Buzz, Kurt, Kurt's backup copy, Nettie, Deneves, Dr. Narnad and tons more that I can not remember how to spell are Pokefarm.

Pokefarm was actually born out of my old blog. I started breeding and giving away Pokemon online shortly after Game Freaks let us trade over the Internet. Remember the old GBA days and link cables? Remember standing in line FOREVER at Toys'R Us to get a Pokemon?

While I am always online (smart phone) I do not always respond in a timely manner. I will respond eventually but at the moment I am trying to close on a house so... Yeah, that keeps me busy.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    It's your baby, but you know how they say it takes a village to raise a child. One good thing about PokéFarm is that it has been a family effort. No one person seems to be in charge of PokéFarm like Smogon or Serebii is. Those other sites seem to be very hard for outsiders to get into, this site welcomes all new members.

Credits
    Blog Entries

I'm Vott, real name is Henri (Henry with an I instead :P) I've been getting active on the forums for the past month or so. I'm a retired spriter, not really sure if I've be getting back into it because I've tried before but lost interest and motivation. I've played Pokemon Sapphire, both Ruby and Silver, Red, Fire Red, Platinum. My favorite pokemon is Jellicent, which is from the 5th Gen.

Before I joined Pokefarm (at a young age), I knew nothing about competitive battling. I joined a Poke-academy where newbies were given tips and advice on how to make teams, thought out strategy, and knowing things like Tanks, Revenge Killers and such.

After Pokefarm was dying from no activity I've played other online games, where other members from there also played competitive pokemon. They gave me tips and I look through Smogon forums for moves that aren't important and such. Thus, my first competitive team that actually worked well was borned. They were Jellicent, Ferrothorn, Whimiscott, Starmie, and 2 other pokemons I've forgot. The basic strategy was I keep switching in and out of Jellicent and Ferrothorn for stall since they cover 15/17 types together, along with Starmie as backup to take care of stealth rocks/spikes, then send in a sweeper/revenge killer.

After a few months I stopped battling just because of lazyness, so now I'm a newbie again.

My favorite color is orange. Other interest I have is Yu-Gi-Oh! and Cardfight!! Vanguard. Some shows I watch are Naruto Shippuden, Prince of Tennis, old childhood movies/shows such as Suite Life on Deck, and Spongebob.

And uh yeah, that's pretty much it.

-Credits to Gunshin

Credits
    Blog Entries

So...I was strolling down memory lane and decided to pick up my original posts in the 'Welcome New Members' Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by meeker (with minor edits) View Post
    Hey I'm new. I was told to go to this thread. Could anyone reply as to why?
    Quote Originally Posted by meeker (with minor edits) View Post
    To tell you about myself: Normal types are my cup of joe. MILTANK ALL THE WAY! All normal types rule, except for Bibarel.
    I'd like to say I've progressed as a member. I can still proudly say that normal type pokemon are my favorite type, with bug types in a close second.

I've started a transition farm, Fields of Silence, here on the forum for members who definitely have skill, but aren't quite ready for the big leagues. I can't say I myself am too good of a breeder, but I do enjoy the preparation.

I've taken some time to write some fan fictions, all of which are based out of the Johto region, none of which have been well written. I do have hopes for my North and South of Johto, though. I enjoy writing two main characters. This makes it easier to write double battles. I love writing double battles because of the realistic effects certain moves would have on each other were they to be performed together.

I've made a work out of fusing Politoed with other pokes. I don't think that really needs further explanation, especially if you look at its sprite.

After proving myself, I became the assistant at the Hatchling Gym for a short while. Working as a member of the League system certainly was a learning experience. However, I would like to say that battles are certainly not my forte. When I do participate in battles, I enjoy battling in the NU tier. I find the most variety in that tier. Battling in the upper tiers, I only found the same old pokes running the same old sets.

Finally, I'm the current operator of the Beginner's Group. Starting off as one of the members of the old day who didn't receive their e-mail confirmation for a couple of days, I found an outlet in the Beginner's Group. Let's just say I encountered my fair share of problems during the start of my membership. Eventually, I came to learn the functions and workings of the farm and began helping members who, like myself, encountered many a problem. My personal pokefarm mentor, Nickgamer, saw potential in me, and with an end coming to his time on the farm, passed it onto me. Since then, I've tried to fix the Beginner's Group to meet everyone's needs. Unfortunately, I haven't been keeping up with forum activities, so almost everything is outdated. I should probably get on that.

As for the name meeker? It comes from the root word 'meek' meaning 'humblypatientordocile'. I think that's everything that I need to explain. As for my real identity: I am the Batman. Maybe one day you'll all learn a bit more.
    From ashes we rise
    Fly we shall forever more
    Falling we shall not

Yay! I'm not the only one that highlights sigs for fun!
    ~~~Firemaster~~~

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Ryan493's Avatar
    Credits

I'm Ryan, as you can tell. I've been around since mid 2009, back when the site was still decently active. I've tried my hand at breeding for events, but that didn't work out so well. Now I'm just a battler and fanfic writer, both of which I have fun doing, and I'm planning on contributing to the site with my writing and battling.

I usually chat with some of the guys that were around before the site temporarily lost itself through Skype, like Koty and Nate, and still connect with a few others from time to time. I'm glad to see this place back up and running again, and so I'm going to help keep it that way starting ASAP.

Again, it's great to see everyone back here, along with a few new faces too.

Credits

I am Jats605, and one of the senior members, having joined in October 2007.
    I had a (rather mediocre) farm, although I did make some pretty legit Larvitar, if I remember correctly.

I also experimented in spriting, with moderate success, and I am currently working on a Fan-Fic.
    Uh, yeah.
    That's really all I have to say.
    >_>
    [4:50 PM] Bobbreeder: Well, Scizor dies to insertfirehere

Pokemon Trainer Student Array TheMonsterAtlas's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Hey guys! I'm Gunshin, my real name is Dave c: some of you might already know that though. I've never really been into trading, breeding, battling or even playing Pokemon. It was more of a childhood thing for me. We'd hook up by link cable and trade pokemon. Pokemon has always been a timeless game, you can spend hundreds of hours just playing the game but I think what I enjoyed the most was the stories that would come up. MissingNo. for example, or the myth that if you play the game for 100 hours the S.S Anne would come back. Right now I've pretty much associated myself as a Youtuber, but also a game developer. My channel is www.youtube.com/themonsteratlas and I just ordered a mic to help me do walkthroughs as well as to further my quality in other areas. I often livestream on www.twitch.tv/themonsteratlasx of developing my game Fall of the Pirates, though I haven't been on in months because I wanted to wait for my mic. I know only a couple of languages, C#, HTML, CSS, Javascript and DM. So I haven't been able to get a job, but I'm working for Machinima right now and hopefully the youtube content will attract people so I can at least get money to improve my content....Another thing that should be mentioned is that I do game development alone, I feel like that's my gimmick, I can do music, art, story, quests, and coding so I've sort of been able to develop games on my own, plus I can even create a website that goes with the game too. It all works out honestly.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Hi all. I'm Cherkat one of the original members. I learned about this site from Steve's original blog. It was my then 7 year old son that led me to Pokemon in general, he is now 12
    I don't battle, breed, sprite or do fan fiction but what I do is collect the amazing pokemon that are bred on this site. I also blog occasionally.
    I recognize so many members coming back and it makes me very happy because "back in the day" this place was a thriving community of very friendly and helpful people.
    My given name is Cherise.

Thanks Belnumcree for the awesome signature banner!