Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bringing some life back to the farm

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Babael View Post
    What I ended up doing, which proved to be needlessly tedious was acquiring 99 rare candies. So back to the old rare candying method for checking full IV spreads for me. Remember you can still lock in IVs(I forget whether you can influence more than one) by attaching a parent with the appropriate power item.

With B2/W2 it is now 100% to pass on a Nature with holding the Everstone, by the mother or father, so females can be used for IVs and Ability now. If the mother has an ability it is now 80/20 to pass that ability on if it is a normal ability and the Poké has 2 abilities. For the dream world ability it is if the mother has the DW ability and the father does it, the ability passes at 60% and 20% and 20% for the normal 2 abilities.

There is also a Nursery in Join Avenue that helps hatch eggs by decreasing steps needed to hatch. Not 100% if if this is per egg, but I know there is only one daily use.

If both parents are holding a power item, it is 50/50 on what stat passes.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array TheMonsterAtlas's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

I think someone said that Gen 5 you could 100-level on local but not wifi? It's a reallllll pain in the butt, but you could always do it that way via two DS and two Pokemon Gen V games. That would cost a lot of money (Unless you buy them used which is actually a pretty good idea) but you could always borrow from a friend. That is if it actually does that locally....

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gunshin View Post
    I think someone said that Gen 5 you could 100-level on local but not wifi? It's a reallllll pain in the butt, but you could always do it that way via two DS and two Pokemon Gen V games. That would cost a lot of money (Unless you buy them used which is actually a pretty good idea) but you could always borrow from a friend. That is if it actually does that locally....
    I have the luxury of having children with a 3DS XL and a DS lite. I also have a 3DS XL and a DSi XL. My daughter's DS lite needs the hinge fixed and my son has a lime green DS lite, but the charge port is broke. I really need to get a hold of Nintendo to those fixed. My daughter now wants a DSi XL for herself. I would get her a 3DS XL, but the warning says not to for children under 6, it ruins their eyes.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post
    I have the luxury of having children with a 3DS XL and a DS lite. I also have a 3DS XL and a DSi XL. My daughter's DS lite needs the hinge fixed and my son has a lime green DS lite, but the charge port is broke. I really need to get a hold of Nintendo to those fixed. My daughter now wants a DSi XL for herself. I would get her a 3DS XL, but the warning says not to for children under 6, it ruins their eyes.
    @___@ You should buy me a DS too! XD

but in all seriousness I should buy a 3DS sometime in the next couple of months, than start raising money for the modded 3DS I want.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gunshin View Post
    @___@ You should buy me a DS too! XD

but in all seriousness I should buy a 3DS sometime in the next couple of months, than start raising money for the modded 3DS I want.
    My kids do chores for their toys.

Keep an eye out for sales. The week before Christmas the 3DS XL price dropped $40 at Kmart and a few other stores.

Mana Gym Leader Array Slizer107's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

It would be really nice to see this place active again, it was a wonderful part of my early teen years!
    Use to be the site pest, the a gym leader and at times both!
    I would say I am an old member... but I joined when I was 12, so 6 years down the line I am only 18...

Mad as a Hatter Array
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Buzz, I may have to do something retro. Still, I don't breed pokemon as much as I used to. When I do get moved to actually do something, I go shiny hunting. I have stopped that for the time being (I'm recovering from a head injury and I need to limit my use of electronics) but it is something that I'd like to get back into in the future.

Babael, thank you for the tips on Gen 5 breeding. I wish that we could transfer items from G4 to G5 because then I'd have nearly enough rare candies to IV check them that way. Also a thanks to whomever posted about how you can do lvl. 100 battles via Infrared. I have 2 DS's, so if I got a copy of white or either B2/W2 then it would solve my IV problems. That certainly does give me ideas....

Still, even if I get back into the game, my biggest worry is arranging trades. That was my biggest difficulty the last time I became more active here and it is still something that I am concerned about. There are people willing to say "I want that one" but we can never work out the logistics of an actual trade.

Overall, I will have to find my DS and the games I do have and decide what I where I want to go from there. I remember my last project was working on a living pokedex. Maybe I can take that back up along with shiny hunting and being more 'in touch' with the Pokemon community.
    ~~Lovely Strife~~
    Even a strife can be lovely....
    So touch my tears with your lips, touch my world with your finger tips ~~ Queen
    Currently Catching: Over 300 pink blobs adopted to loving homes!
    Current Event:
    Next Project:
    Wanna read my diary?

Credits
    Blog Entries

Ok, it looks like I was wrong. IR battles only go up to level 50, so IV battling is literally impossible.

Credits

I too would like to see this active again i do miss reading the stories in forum events. I think I'll pick up the game again i still haven't completed the black version.

Edit: Well it's official my 3ds and my ds is charging. I was wanting to get into shinys again maybe I'll give it another go
    Last edited by mobius 1; 01-12-2013 at 02:04 AM.

Credits
    Blog Entries

There are a couple of things in B2/W2 that happen for completing the PokéDex.

If you see all of the Pokémon within the Unova Dex, when you go to talk to Professor Juniper, she will notice that you have seen all the Pokémon within the Pokédex and will offer you a Present. This Present is the special Permit item which takes you to the Nature Preserve where loads of rare Pokémon, including a Shiny Haxorus, dwell

If you manage to capture all of the Pokémon within the Unova Pokédex, when you go to show Professor Juniper, she will give you the special Oval Charm. This item increases the likelihood that your Pokémon will have eggs when in the Day Care Center.

Finally, when you manage to capture all the Pokémon in the National Pokédex (not counting event legends) and show it to Cedric Juniper, he will tell you his daughter has a present for you. This present is the special Shiny Charm. This item increases the likelihood that you will encounter Shiny Pokémon. When you have the item in your bag, then the chances of encountering Shiny Pokémon in the wild is increased to 33% of normal, making it a 1 in 2,370.6 chance. If, however, you\'re using the Masuda Method to breed, it increases it from 1 in 1,365.3 down to 1 in 1024.