Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon

Pokemon Trainer Student Array TheMonsterAtlas's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Default Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon

PROJECT ON HOLD!!!
    I'm waiting on obtaining a license from Nintendo that allows me to ensure that the game doesn't get a cease and desist letter. Most likely the project will be on hold for a month or so

Synopsis:
    You might be wondering why exactly I started this thread outside of the already designated Mystery Dungeon section. This is because Vott and I have decided to start working on a Mystery Dungeon game! Of course this is a fanbased game and I wanted to help revive Pokefarm and what better way than to create a very interesting game for forum goers to enjoy! We are going to be using the DreamMaker language in order to produce this game and provide a great way for players to connect with one another, as opposed to being restricted to a single player experience, like in the games!

What we need from you!:
    What we really need from the Pokefarm community is not only your attention but your suggestions as well! Right now the game has just being added to our list of things to do. Right now, all we have in mind is that the game is going to be a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. We understand the concept behind the Mystery Dungeon series and we are going to try and be as accurate as we can in terms of how things are done, but we also want to make our own adjustments to make the gameplay fun. We will be posting on this topic with update and we will greatly require your feedback on what's being updated and how things are going to be handled!

What we have right now:
    I'm not going to lie, we have nothing but ideas. Like I said, the game is going to greatly resemble the Mystery Dungeon series in terms of basic plot and guild gameplay, but that's not all. We're going to try to make it similar to the single player experience, but instead of guilds being owned by NPCs, you have the ability to own your own guild and construct your own guild HQ! We also want to make the game a little bit more like a Sim. There would be a day and night system in towns, but it would always affect the spawn rates of pokemon in dungeons (as well as visibility.) You can own your very own dojo, set up shop in the town square and much much more! There might be mechanical changes in the way your pokemon moves and how dungeons are created, but there is more of that to come.

I hope you guys are as excited as I am about this project! Please be as active on the forums as you wish to be and provide us with posts that describe how you feel about this project or how you feel something in the game should work! We will consider 100% of your ideas, but you just have to post them first!! I can't tell you how excited I am to start this project so please, be active and involved!!

Playable Characters

Screen Shots:
    Last edited by TheMonsterAtlas; 08-03-2012 at 04:44 PM.

Credits
    Blog Entries

We must accomplish on making this game fun for the community and have fun the way Pokefarm used to be. We need all the help we can get with testing icons, serious bugs that are found in the game, and anything else in the future. I will most likely be doing the overworld icons and avatar for the game. So we'll need your help to make the game fun and creative as it can be!

-Credits to Gunshin

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Ryan493's Avatar
    Credits

This is a good idea, but the only problem is that we, along with maybe two or three more people, ever log on anymore. I figured summer would open a chance for everyone to hop on since school's out but, no sadly. Anyway, I'll help with this however I can.

Credits
    Blog Entries

We just need to do our best then We have to revive the forum at all costs!!!

So far I think we have every pokemon 001-493 iconned Those of which are playable, I have no clue yet...but that's a poop ton of pokemon @___@ I have a lot of coding to get done...I think I want to have around 50 pokemon that you can start out as. That's a little over 10%

Another thing is that we are going to be doing shiny pokemon! (0.01% chance upon character creation) So that's about 100 different looking pokemon XD
    Last edited by TheMonsterAtlas; 07-27-2012 at 10:28 PM.

Credits
    Blog Entries

http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/v.../Sprite-50.png

Basic mugshots of the first 151 pokemon. We'll probably to at least add in all the mugshots for each pokemon. Don't know about the Black and White sprites yet, we're still deciding to add those or not. Then perhaps making the map of the dungeons.

-Credits to Gunshin

Credits
    Blog Entries

Yep :] we're starting with the first 151 pokemon, then adding in all of the others at later times. Vott and I decided to use material from the existing series to further our progress along the lines of game development. I've designed some music for dungeons we have in mind!

Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon - Tranquil Forest

Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon - Icy Caverns

Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Gunshin View Post
    Yep :] we're starting with the first 151 pokemon, then adding in all of the others at later times. Vott and I decided to use material from the existing series to further our progress along the lines of game development. I've designed some music for dungeons we have in mind!

Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon - Tranquil Forest

Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon - Icy Caverns
    These are awesome!

The only problem I see is, as Ryan pointed out, no one really logs on anymore, and I have less than a month until school starts again.
    :\
    I would say to pitch this to Smogon, but that would defeat the point of doing this in the first place.
    [4:50 PM] Bobbreeder: Well, Scizor dies to insertfirehere

Credits
    Blog Entries

We'll see :P I'm sure if this project gets done, Vott and myself will come back to the forum frequently. Hopefully that's the same for others as well

Pokemon Trainer Student Array TheNinjaPhoenix's Avatar
    Credits

I'm all up to help mis amigos!

I will do anything. PM me Gunshin, Vott, and I will help - I'm not a spriter, but anything story-based, ideas for missions in-story, anything based around concept art on paper, I can do, and anything written. I want to be art of this project regardless

I do have a criticism though - vary the starters from just Kanto - it's rather biased to Genwunners.

AND if you do this, use Elekid and Magby as starter choices - Magmar and Electabuzz are OP even in PMD next to the other choices there.
    This is a signature. Ha.

Credits
    Blog Entries

I'll probably pm you sometime tomorrow about story.

There was a lit of discussion and we actually decided to only release kanto pokemon. The reason we're doing this is because it will get the game up for beta testing a lot quicker. Then later on we will release 15 for each generation. A lot has changed since the initial post, I just didn't want to double post.