Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Having a VERY bad few days.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array TheNinjaPhoenix's Avatar
    Credits

Default Having a VERY bad few days.

Hey guys, sorry. I need to vent some steam and don't wanna hurt somebody so I decided to let it out on a place where I can openly talk to people about my feelings...

So, after failing a Mathematics Pre-Exam, and creating worries that despite my overall grade being good, this fail will affect my confidence, which it has, i thought a good way to relax would be to play Squash with a friend and a couple of other people I know.
    Now, I knew one of the other boys is a bit of a sore loser and gets stupidly competitive, but me and my friend challenged the other two. We played 6 games and it was 3-3 by the end. In the final game, they are one point up, 12-11. If they scored they would win. As I ran to get us a point with a shot that would have been a hard one to reply to, the sore loser decided he wouldn't let himself and his friend get caught. So, he smashed me in the back with the side of his racquet. It hurt a LOT. I'd been sprinting as he hit me, and it knocked me off-balance. I hit the floor hard, hurting my knee, but I also was flung across the court and smashed into the concrete wall with the same hurt knee. I was quickly reached by medical staff who assessed my knee and took me to hospital for an X-Ray. I have chipped my kneecap, thigh-bone and both tops of the two main bones in my lower leg, along with bruising all the bones and the joint itself, and ripping a tendon. I can't use crutches as, medically, I can support it. But to walk currently is incredible pain. Painkillers aren't even helping. Its making my life very hard, as I am an avid walker, and walk everywhere, which now I cannot do. Its really stressed me out and upset me.

All of this because a 17 year old couldn't lose a game of squash. Its pathetic.

Sorry guys, I just needed to rant a little and this is the only place I could think of doing it where I feel comfortable enough to.
    This is a signature. Ha.

She Will, She Will, Rock You Array Sorgatani's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

The situation stinks.
    I'm sorry you have to go through it, and I hope that the other player knows exactly what he's put you through - not precisely to be in that pain himself, but so he can control his competitive streak in the future. He's caused you injury and considerable pain, for no reason except to win a casual game.
    The mind boggles trying to understand it - while I can understand being competitive, the fun/focus in most games should be the playing rather than the result.

I hope the recovery goes well.
    Credit for Michigan Toed image goes to thefuriousangel
    Credit for Jester Politoed image goes to N0t2f34r
    Sorgatani's Pokemon Collection

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Sabin's Avatar
    Credits

It sucks that he was raised to think that winning is more important than the feelings of others

oh, no!! it seems really hurt.. i almost can't say a thing about it..
    how came someone wants to hurt another just because he doesn't want to lose?

seems today is a bad day for you >.>
    hope you'll be recovered soon though !

Mad as a Hatter Array
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Oh dear! That sounds terrible. I hate it when people are so short sighted about these things. Doesn't he understand that his decision to do that will cause years of pain for you? >_<

I hope that you have an uneventful recovery and I'm sure that there are still plenty of WONDERFUL days ahead of you. You just have to get through the bad ones to get there. I should know, I've had orthopedic problems most of my life. Parts of it will suck and sometimes the pain will be so bad the medicine won't help, but you will get through it. Consider it character building. And until then, feel free to vent. Everybody needs an outlet sometimes and there are plenty of caring people here at the farm.
    ~~Lovely Strife~~
    Even a strife can be lovely....
    So touch my tears with your lips, touch my world with your finger tips ~~ Queen
    Currently Catching: Over 300 pink blobs adopted to loving homes!
    Current Event:
    Next Project:
    Wanna read my diary?

PokeFarm Blogger Array pokemonpal7's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

I don't know what to say, really. I hope you get better soon, and that you don't need a robotic leg thing. Feel free to rant, rave vent and other stuff here, we'll be sympathetic.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array TheNinjaPhoenix's Avatar
    Credits

I won't need any robotic stuff, so no Terminating for me soon. ON the good side, it will be healing soon, and the bones should be back to normal in July/August hopefully, depending on how they grow back and the tendon. But thats the main problem. The ripped tendon has angled my knee slightly, and the doctor at the hospital is concerned it may heal back weirdly. I'll keep everyone updated. On the good news, the boy who did this has been suspended for a week and has had to make a formal apology to me in our shared lessons.
    This is a signature. Ha.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Ryan493's Avatar
    Credits

Sorry to hear that. But at least it's not too bad at the moment and I'm sure it'll heal fine. And don't worry about needing to vent it out, we're all here for ya

Quote Originally Posted by Dragax67 View Post
    I won't need any robotic stuff, so no Terminating for me soon. ON the good side, it will be healing soon, and the bones should be back to normal in July/August hopefully, depending on how they grow back and the tendon. But thats the main problem. The ripped tendon has angled my knee slightly, and the doctor at the hospital is concerned it may heal back weirdly. I'll keep everyone updated. On the good news, the boy who did this has been suspended for a week and has had to make a formal apology to me in our shared lessons.
    well, that's great to hear! it would be really bad for you if you have to use that though.. but still,, the recovery won't be really fast...(well, of course it won't be too fast, but i'm just hoping it will be :P) so i hope you can bear with it..
    and feel free to tell us the newest update! i'll be very glad to hear it!

suspended for a week? i'm hoping he'll be suspended longer, lol (i am really mean /shot)
    but i hope he realized that what he has done was wrong. . because if he's not doing that, the suspension would go to a waste >.>

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Gengar's Avatar
    Credits

Wow, I know hate is a strong word, and I scarcely use it, but I hate people like that. Back in high school I was on the track team, and during one of our meets at the beginning of the season, me and another kid were coming up on the finish line and he tripped/pushed me off the track...right into the officials table. A sprained ankle and a concussion cost me the rest of the season, while he was suspended for four meets. I personally think he should have been cut from his team, but I guess that's not how the world works... Hopefully you have a super swift recovery...just move as little as possible, and get plenty of rest so you can heal up. And...never play with a sore loser...I'm surprised, and it's rather unfortunate it's only a week. Like Strife said, he may have just caused you years of pain over something so insignificant. And I hope he was actually sorry, and not just bs'ing it...that would be really disturbing...then you really know what kind of person he is... Also, how is Squash? Can't say I've ever actually played it...or seen it, for that matter...
    Y: 5129 - 1899 - 9166
    The Castaways: Under maintenance