Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Strife Diaries

Mad as a Hatter Array
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Default The Strife Diaries

The Strife Diaries

Have you ever had secret thoughts? Thoughts that you couldn't tell anybody else but couldn't keep inside either? So does LC Strife. She write in her diary as a way to reflect on her turbulent life. Although she would be mortified to know that people are reading her private thoughts, we have published her diary for your enjoyment. Although the original diary can be found it its raw form, it is unrefined. This version has been reviewed, revamped, and re-edited for the modern audience.

Chapter Index

March

April ... Coming Soon ...
    Last edited by LovelyStrife; 05-09-2012 at 02:43 AM.
    ~~Lovely Strife~~
    Even a strife can be lovely....
    So touch my tears with your lips, touch my world with your finger tips ~~ Queen
    Currently Catching: Over 300 pink blobs adopted to loving homes!
    Current Event:
    Next Project:
    Wanna read my diary?

Mad as a Hatter Array
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Default March

March

March 3

Dear Diary,

It’s been a long time since I’ve written in one of these. I’m so used to jotting down a few sporadic words in letters that it feels kinda weird to fill all your blank pages, but I’ll adapt. I always have, ever since that night in Vermillion…. But I’m not going there. This is about the present, the future: my hopes, my dreams, my goals. This diary isn’t about the past. This isn’t about the sad, but rather about the promise of tomorrow. Or whatever pops into my mind while I’m writing. You know, which-ever. ^_^ I just need a place where I can vent and just be myself. Oh! And it will certainly come in handy if I ever have another Orange Island incident and forget a few months of my life… I still don’t know how I got all of those badges…

So… Where to start… Well, today I finally started working on my house. I bought this land north of Floaroma Town back when the entire area was disgusting and polluted. The last owner practically gave it to me for free because the house was overrun by Muk! I’m sure you can understand how surprised I was when I came back to this place and discovered it was covered with beautiful flowers and greenery. The biggest shock was when the Muk who had previously invaded the house were replaced by a cute clan of Budew. The house and barn are both still a mess, but the beauty of nature inspired me to fix it back up. Right now I’m going to focus on making the interior livable… Quite a task (to say the least). But I’m not worried about it. I found two rich old people who are helping me finance the remodeling project. I challenge them to battles whenever I run out of money. It’s cute how they think they can win against my Iggy even though they’ve lost the last 286 battles in a row. I feel bad about it sometimes, but then I just remember the snobby girls from the Orange Islands that financed the land purchase. I wonder if they are related…. It would make sense… I’ll have to add that to the conspiracy page.

Today Iggy and I had a scare with a nasty group of Kecleon. They used their color-changing abilities to steal my tools and then they tried to take Iggy! I managed to catch them, but I think Iggy is traumatized. I don’t think I’ll let them out of their pokeballs anytime soon…

Well, Iggy is being needy, so I’ll stop for now. I promise to write more tomorrow.
    ~~Lovely Strife~~
    Current Event:
    Next Project:
    Wanna read my diary?

Mad as a Hatter Array
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Default March

March 4

Dear Diary,

Torterra, Pidgeotto, Iggy, and I are going to buy new flooring in Oreburgh City. Roark and I have been exchanging letters for a few weeks and I think he finally found something I can use in the mines. I hope I understood his meaning right… What else could “It’s Foresight! It’s Here Goes!” possibly mean? After that, I’m going to Sunyshore City. You never know what the open air market has up for sale. I got my book shelves there a few weeks ago; they were a real bargain. Busy day ahead of me!
    ~~Lovely Strife~~
    Current Event:
    Next Project:
    Wanna read my diary?

Mad as a Hatter Array
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Default March

March 5

Dear Diary,

Yesterday was crazy. The trip to Oreburgh City was uneventful and Roark was at the mine working when I found him. It turns out that he didn’t have any flooring ready for me, but he did find a rock that kinda looked like an Igglybuff if you held it towards a light at the right angle. I was very disappointed, but happily brought the rock home with me. I think I’ll put it on the display shelf next to the old piece of cake I found in that abandoned mansion. They complement each other well in an odd way…

My trip to Sunyshore City went much better. On my way to the open air market, I saw Volkner. I’ve had a crush on him ever since I first saw him because he looks and acts like a rock star… He was taking to the local Nurse Joy, so I just walked into the nearest house. Unfortunately, Iggy didn’t follow me. Unfortunately, I didn’t notice that until it was too late. Unfortunately, I was alerted to Iggy’s activities by the sound of screams and the slaps… and Iggy’s high pitched battle cry… I was inside of the hotel at the time and rushed out, and it was not a pretty sight. I saw Nurse Joy running away from Iggy and Volkner’s Raichu trying to electrocute Iggy. Looking back, it was a pretty funny sight. At the time, I was mortified.

I dashed towards Iggy and managed to grab him on my first try. Unfortunately, Volkner yelled out for his Raichu to use charge beam just before I grabbed Iggy and I didn’t notice the attack until it was too late. I blacked out after that. Volkner told me that after I went down, Iggy freaked out but wasn’t able to hurt anybody because he was trapped under my weight. Volkner told me that he and his Octillery carried me and Iggy to his house because Nurse Joy didn’t want Iggy anywhere near the Pokémon center. Trust me, that is a good thing on so many different levels… Anyways, I was unconscious for a few hours before I came to. Volkner seemed happy that I was awake, but I was totally out of it. He told me what happened and I tried to leave, but he wouldn’t let me. He said I needed to rest and I wasn’t going to argue. I ended up staying on his couch for the night.

I’ll tell you the rest tomorrow. I still have a killer headache…
    ~~Lovely Strife~~
    Current Event:
    Next Project:
    Wanna read my diary?

Mad as a Hatter Array
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Default March

March 6

Dear Diary,

Okay, I’ll finish my thoughts from yesterday and then move on to more pressing matters. As soon as I woke up, Iggy clobbered me with a big hug. Volkner came in a few minutes over and seemed happy that I was alive. He apologized for telling his Pokémon to shock me and I apologized for everything Iggy did. It was a bit weird, but he did smile and held my hand at one point. It was the highlight of my day…

Part of me wanted to tell Volkner why Iggy attacked the nurse, but it wouldn’t end well if I did. I just told him that there was some ugliness and that we could never go back. He didn’t ask any more questions and said that I should stay with him for the night. It was already sunset and he didn’t want me flying home after being unconscious for so long. I agreed and spent the night in Sunyshore City.

That was pretty much all the excitement for that day. I cuddled Iggy for a few hours, tried to write in you, and then went to sleep. I woke up just before sunrise and woke Iggy up. We gathered our things together and cleaned up the room we were staying in. Volkner walked in on us as we were almost ready to go and asked why we were in such a hurry to leave. I told him that a good guest never over-stays their welcome. He smiled and said that I would never over-stay my welcome, but that Iggy did after five minutes. Iggy didn’t think it was funny, but I did.

Volkner talked us into staying for breakfast. While we ate he asked if I had any badges. I showed him all the ones I had collected over the years. I had every badge from the Indigo, Orange, Johto, and Hoenn Leagues. He was impressed and said he couldn’t wait for my challenge. Although I knew a few gym leaders and had spent some time wondering around Sinnoh, I hadn’t yet gotten around to getting the badges. I just don’t think I want them anymore. For a while I thought the badges were a good goal, but I don’t think I’ll ever challenge the Elite 4 again… I don’t know… I think that I have talent as a trainer, but I’m not sure that I want to be a trainer anymore. Maybe I want to be like my grandmother and just live a quiet life in the countryside…

That’s neither here nor there. Breakfast was nice and I think that Volkner is even nicer than he looks. You’d think he’s an aloof or arrogant like most gym leaders, but he was actually a nice guy. Although I couldn’t help but get a weird vibe from him… Not a creepy vibe, but the kind of vibe you get when you think that somebody wants to say something but they don’t say it. Or maybe I’m just over-thinking the entire meal… Either way, after we finished eating Iggy and I left. Volkner gave me a hug and then I went to the market to see if there was anything worth buying. I found a few interesting artifacts before I flew home on Pidgeotto.

I’ve spent pretty much the entire time between then and now recuperating from that Raichu’s shock. My curly brown hair is still overly frizzy because of it… I tried to wash it, but that only made it worse. Hermit won’t stop making fun of the way I look. I know that he means well, but it would be nice if he used more tact.

Now for the more pressing matter! The rock Roark gave me looks great next to the old cake, but I don't know if I'll be able to find something to compliment both of them. The shelf will be utterly empty if it's only the two of them alone...
    ~~Lovely Strife~~
    Current Event:
    Next Project:
    Wanna read my diary?

Mad as a Hatter Array
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Default March

March 7, Morning

Dear Diary,

I think I’ll take a break from working on the house and concentrate on the land. I have a long list of things to do… I think I’ll start with putting up a fence around the property. Then I’ll make a berry garden next to the house. Or maybe I’ll work on the garden first… I am running low on berries, and without berries I can’t make any medicine for my Pokémon. Yeah, I think I’ll start that right now.

March 7, Evening

I managed to prep eight berry plots, but I need to run into town to get some mulch. I’ll do that tomorrow after I visit Roark. I might have a new idea for flooring. It’s simple; we take some spears from the underground and break them. I think my Machamp will be able to obliterate them well enough. Then we take the pieces and spread them all over the floor. Then, we heat them to a high temperature so that they melt into a new, hard floor. I think it’s just crazy enough to work, but I’m going to Oreburgh City to see what he thinks. I’m not even sure if spears can be crushed or melted…
    ~~Lovely Strife~~
    Current Event:
    Next Project:
    Wanna read my diary?

Mad as a Hatter Array
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Default March

March 8

Dear Diary,

I’m staying in Oreburgh City for a few days. Roark and I tested my idea. My Machamp couldn’t break the spears, but his Rampardos could break them with ease. Then my charmeleon (lovingly named Leon) was able to melt them into a translucent sheet. The sheet of melted spear stuff was very hard and Leon couldn’t even scratch it. I think it’ll be perfect for the house, but we’ll need hundreds of orbs before we can even think about doing an entire room. So guess who is going digging in the underground? Yeppers, it is me. I like being in the underground so far. It is quiet and peaceful in its own way. Roark and his grandfather showed me the basics of how to navigate and dig for treasure. Besides getting spears for the house, I’ve found some old bones (perfect for my Growlithe) and an everstone. I almost found some revive medicine, but the wall collapsed before I could finish digging it out. Roark said that I could find many rare things in the underground, including rare plates! I hope that I can find a complete set. I haven’t had real flatware in such a long time…

I also made my very own secret base. You just need to drill into the rock and then poof! There is a big room that you can fill with things. Someday, I’m going to fill mine with pokedolls. Right now, it is pretty barren. All I have is a computer, some flags, and a table… It’s nothing like Roark’s. He has these beautiful crystals in his secret base that are much bigger than the two of us combined! It was so beautiful how he angled the lights to hit them so they made the walls shimmer and dance with colors.

Iggy hates it when Roark and I are in the underground. He’s used to having me with him all the time. I feel very conflicted. It’s nice to get away and be on my own sometimes, but I have a responsibility to take care of Iggy too. His wellbeing means the world to me. So does the wellbeing of all my Pokémon… I suppose life is all about give and take. Roark was nice enough to let Iggy spend time with his Geodude while we were in the underground, but Iggy still cried when we left the gym to go underground… Hopefully he won’t do that again tomorrow. I don't think I can take the guilt. That little igglybuff has a way of tugging at my heart strings like nothing else…

Oh, and I almost forgot. The first thing that Roark did when we met was comment on my hair being frizzier than usual. I glared at him and said I didn’t want to talk about it. He teased me about it off and on for most of the day, but he stopped after I told him to ask Volkner why my hair was a mess the next time he was in Sunyshore City. He didn’t tease me after that… I wonder if I hit a nerve? I didn’t mean to, I just don’t want to say that an electric rat knocked me out for twelve hours. It really is embarrassing, even if it is was a high level rat… I’m an accomplished trainer! I have dozens of badges! This type of thing shouldn’t have happened to me…
    ~~Lovely Strife~~
    Current Event:
    Next Project:
    Wanna read my diary?

Mad as a Hatter Array
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Default March

March 9, Morning

Dear Diary,

Iggy freaked out when I tried going into the underground (he knocked out the Geodude… I was so embarrassed!) so we ended up going home. We have enough orbs to do the kitchen and Roark promised that he would give me all the spare orbs he finds during his free time. Then he gave me a pokedoll for my secret base! It’s an adorable little Skitty. It’s kinda funny, but Roark blushed when I gave him a thank-you hug. I wonder if he likes me… I don’t know how I’d feel if he did. He is the first friend I made when I got to Sinnoh… Back in Kanto I remember this one guy going crazy over me when we first met, but the people he was traveling with said that he acted the same way around every girl. It was very weird… I don’t remember their names either… Oh well, I shouldn’t dwell in the past. Given the choice, I’d like to forget most of my life in Kanto.

Right now Iggy and I are riding on Torterra. We’re slowly making our way back to the farm. I like writing in you! To be honest I didn’t write much back when my grandma gave me my first diary. It’s nice to know that I’ve changed since then. I have that old diary around here somewhere… I can never find anything in my bag. Once the majority of the remodeling is done then I can empty it out and sort through everything. I’ll finally have the space to dump all of the things I don’t use on a daily basis.

March 9, Evening

My house is destroyed! I was able to recover all of my important things (with the help of my Pokémon), but the house is destroyed! I don’t know what happened or what to do now… Things were shaking and then Hermit looked at me and then we were outside and then it was like the house imploded in slow motion! It was… I am so upset I can’t even write…

I even found the old cake (the rock is currently MIA) and all my books. I’ll write more when I’ve figured out what to do…
    ~~Lovely Strife~~
    Current Event:
    Next Project:
    Wanna read my diary?

Mad as a Hatter Array
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Default March

March 10

Dear Diary,

Well, the house is as destroyed now as it was last night, but I did have some time to digest it and to make some plans. I decided to take some time to travel around Sinnoh before I start rebuilding my house. After looking through everything, I think that some Diglett tunneled into and under the foundation. There isn't much else that could have caused it to collapse the way it did. I should be happy that I had Hermit with me when the house imploded, but I’m just so sad about having lost my home. Silver lining! None of my Pokémon were hurt either. Iggy, Ned, Hermit, Leon, Claudene… Everybody who was in the house with me got out without incident. All of the others live in the barn or in other places on this plot of land. I think that I will leave somebody in charge while I travel. Maybe the cranidos… For now, I’m just going to ride around on my bike with Iggy until I can clear my head and decide where we are going next.
    ~~Lovely Strife~~
    Current Event:
    Next Project:
    Wanna read my diary?

Mad as a Hatter Array
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Default March

March 18

Dear Diary,

I’m sorry that I haven’t written in so long! Not much has really happened. I’ve spent about a week in the resort area and it’s really helped me clear my head. I don’t know anybody around here, but some say they were from Kanto like me. I lied when they asked where I was from. It’s just easier that way…

During my time at the resort area, I got entrance into the Ribbon Syndicate building. It is absolutely fabulous. They give massages to us every day and they even let me buy some new ribbons for Iggy. Iggy is the reason we could get in. He has ribbons from beating the Elite 4 and competing in beauty contests from several regions along with other miscellaneous ribbons we’ve gotten while traveling. One particularly weird man gave us a foot ribbon… Anyways, I digress. Most of the people in that area are kinda snobby, but they all think Iggy is the most adorable igglybuff they’ve ever seen. I contribute that to the amount of time he cuddles with me and other Pokémon. He really is the cutest little guy! Overall, it has been very relaxing. I can safely say that I am over the shock and stress of having an imploded house.

I think I’ll go check out some of the other islands. The ones I’ve seen so far have been very nice, but I doubt they all have a resort area like this one. I went to Iron Island once, but I didn’t stay for very long. Iggy got sea sick on the ride there so I had to turn back and ended up spending time in Canalave City. I love that place! I remember visiting my aunt there when I was little… I think we’ll make our way there next.
    ~~Lovely Strife~~
    Current Event:
    Next Project:
    Wanna read my diary?