Thread: Nuzlocke challenge

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Reptyler's Avatar
    Credits

Default Nuzlocke challenge

Has anyone done one?

For those who haven't heard of it, there are some people who make up rules to make playing through Pokemon a bit more fun and exciting. Most commonly, only allowing yourself to catch the first pokemon you encounter on any given route, and if any pokemon faints, you have to release it. I've been doing this on my Leaf Green cartridge and I'm almost to the Elite 4. So I was wondering if any of you had fun stories to share.

Tyler Silver FC: 0475 0139 9538 Diamond FC: 4941 5693 9105

Pokemon Trainer Student Array bluebulbasaur001's Avatar
    Credits

I've finished a Fire Red Nuzlocke run. Four of my pokemon fainted along the way- Wendy the Pidgeotto, Jane the Primeape, Peter the Dugtrio, and Sheila the Raticate. My final team was-

Luke the Charizard
    Orville the Fearow
    Nicolas the Electrode
    Casper the Gengar
    Einstein the Alakazam
    Darwin the Vaporeon
    FC

Black: 1978 9466 2778

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Maggyo's Avatar
    Credits

It's the only way I play!

I've got a few stories... like the time Falkner wiped my team in Heartgold. I had one pokemon left in my box, a lv2 rattata called Violet, and no routes left to catch anything in. So I took her out of the box and trained her like the Fist of the North Star and we soloed Falkner and pretty much soloed the rest of the game. That little ratty went to the Elite Four.

I did a completely blind nuzlocke of my White when I first got it (JP import cart). Picked the water otter because I hated it on sight and thought I might as well get it out of the way first. I didn't lose too many because I was playing cautiously, although I spent most of the game desperately wanting a kokoromori (the psychic bat thing) and when I finally got one at Twist Mountain, he died almost immediately. I also lost my Archaeos at the Elite Four :'( Poor Haydn, he barely lived. Audino was a total bro though.
    Currently Masuda breeding for - 1150/1366 hatched so far

click here for thread

Pokemon Trainer Student Array bluebulbasaur001's Avatar
    Credits

The Primeape I was talking about earlier? Guess how it died. A Clefairy used Metronome and hit with a Sheer Cold.
    FC

Black: 1978 9466 2778

Mad as a Hatter Array
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maggyo View Post
    It's the only way I play!

I've got a few stories... like the time Falkner wiped my team in Heartgold. I had one pokemon left in my box, a lv2 rattata called Violet, and no routes left to catch anything in. So I took her out of the box and trained her like the Fist of the North Star and we soloed Falkner and pretty much soloed the rest of the game. That little ratty went to the Elite Four.

I did a completely blind nuzlocke of my White when I first got it (JP import cart). Picked the water otter because I hated it on sight and thought I might as well get it out of the way first. I didn't lose too many because I was playing cautiously, although I spent most of the game desperately wanting a kokoromori (the psychic bat thing) and when I finally got one at Twist Mountain, he died almost immediately. I also lost my Archaeos at the Elite Four :'( Poor Haydn, he barely lived. Audino was a total bro though.
    Wow! That sounds very exciting. I don't know if I could have stuck with the Nuzlocke after only having a single Rattatta on my team. An Igglybuff, maybe....

Quote Originally Posted by bluebulbasaur001 View Post
    The Primeape I was talking about earlier? Guess how it died. A Clefairy used Metronome and hit with a Sheer Cold.

Wow, that is my type of luck! Metronome is something that never works for you, but when it's a wild pokemon it will use an OHKO move or something that is super-effective every time. ://
    ~~Lovely Strife~~
    Even a strife can be lovely....
    So touch my tears with your lips, touch my world with your finger tips ~~ Queen
    Currently Catching: Over 300 pink blobs adopted to loving homes!
    Current Event:
    Next Project:
    Wanna read my diary?