Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: October 11th, 2007

PokeFarm Blogger Array pokemonpal7's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maggyo View Post
    Wow, this topic sounds depressingly like an obituary.

All I can say is, I'm a comparative newbie here but I intend to stick around as long as the forum is available to post in, because this place offers something I haven't seen ANYWHERE else: an environment free of the hacking
    You can say that again. it is getting kinda depressing But I'm sure that if we can pull ourselves together, we can do this. I also hope to pull in some members through Hoenn Mysteries, but I should probably update that if I want to keep my followers.

Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Gengar View Post
    Ouch, that's deep, and I can feel your emotion coming off the screen...it must be hard seeing the site like this.
    Very.
    See my Sigg >_>
    Quote Originally Posted by LovelyStrife View Post
    February 11, 2008 is when I joined.

I thought that the idea of farming pokemon was very novel. Instead of just breeding 1 pokemon for myself and releasing 200, this place welcomed those 'extra' pokemon that just weren't quite up to par. Then I started giving out ditto! Nothing was more fun than those pink, amorphous pokemon. I remember all of the fun people that I've met; some of which are my good friends today. I also remember my FanFic and the people who did similar style fanfics. Nothing was more flattering than seeing other diary-style fanfictions posted. I love it when creativity spawns more creativity. Not to mention Pokemon Big Brother. That game was crazy-fun. I don't remember how it ended, but I know that there was a Gengar who always caused trouble.

That being said, if we want the place to be more active then it is in our hands. I'm going to try to do my part. It wont' be the same as before, but maybe it can be something new. Even if we have all grown up some and have other things in our life, maybe we can spare a few minutes to browse around and make some noise.
    Strife, glad to see you're back.
    I remember the Strife Diaries well, and in fact I was just thinking the other day I want to go re-read them.
    Didn't you have a Hedgehog or two?

Heh.
    Good to see that post doing something :P
    [4:50 PM] Bobbreeder: Well, Scizor dies to insertfirehere

Mad as a Hatter Array
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jats605 View Post
    Very.
    Strife, glad to see you're back.
    I remember the Strife Diaries well, and in fact I was just thinking the other day I want to go re-read them.
    Didn't you have a Hedgehog or two?
    Well, funny you should talk about the Strife Diaries. I just started putting them up on another website a few months ago. I'm almost done with the next month's worth, too. I need to stop being lazy and actually pen things. I have it all lined up in my head, but I never have the time to let my fingers dance across the keyboard to set it in stone. lol I'm a bit weird like that.

Yes! I had a hedgehog named Sonic back then. He died, though. ;_; I didn't have a hedgehog for a while, but then I was contacted by somebody who was no longer able to take care of their hedgehog. I adopted the little guy and named him Spike. He is adorable!
    ~~Lovely Strife~~
    Even a strife can be lovely....
    So touch my tears with your lips, touch my world with your finger tips ~~ Queen
    Currently Catching: Over 300 pink blobs adopted to loving homes!
    Current Event:
    Next Project:
    Wanna read my diary?

Credits

Guess I'll add my story too. I can't remember when I joined or why, I just know Kurt got me here. I was never good at battles and my teams were usually the most, dare I say, n00bish types, involving the randomest strategies. Yet somehow I managed to beat some of the gyms, and being a completionist I was tempted to stay longer, to battle more, to get all the badges. But soon enough, little by little, I couldn't find the members active, or joined tourneys in which I was the first looser. So naturally I jumped into sprite art and fanfictions. I still see that my combined effort with Ryan in Secrets Revealed and some other members landed us into number four on the most read list, and my somewhat failed project of Pokemon 2012 getting too many views in just a few chapters. Guess I failed at the sprite are too, I still don't have that badge, but something kept me here.
    The members, although few, are nice and friendly, and unlike other sites they are very welcoming.
    I like how you tried to give the site a few jump-starts. They might have not worked, but then again, neither did my team that I used to try and win all my badges. I see the large size of guests, I'm sure not all are bots.
    I guess where I am going at is here: PF was great, it still is, it just needs those new members. It needs new players who love pokemon. I myself would love to come back, but do not have the time to do so (considering I'm planning to triple major if that's possible in college).
    So to those of you who are still here, just keep trying. To me and other older members, you are the remaining lifeline. You are those gym leaders, those great farmers that you once looked up to so long ago when you joined.

Friend Code: 0733-7241-0362

<-- need 2 more wins to make it official

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Kiwi's Avatar
    Credits

Wooaahhhhh I haven't been on this site for ages.

Well that's a lie, I've been lurking around a tiny bit since I disappeared, but I don't remember logging on for a while now.

Anyway, here's my deep, emotional, story.
    I stumbled onto this site and joined New Year's Eve 2007. Woah. That's more than 4 years ago, way to make me feel old, join date. I remember making my fair share of embarrassing posts and trying to mess around with sprite mixing or whatever it was in good old MS Paint. I remember trying to farm some pokemanz for a while, but I don't think I ever got around to making an event, I guess I just got too bored.

And well, yeah I guess PokeFarm's died, in terms of active users, and posts and the gyms... But on the other hand, I don't remember ever seeing 91 Guests online at any point in the 2 or 3 years I was here. I guess not many Guests sign up or stay for long. D:

Well, nostalgia over, time to go back to playing TF2 and Skyrim. >.<
    Last edited by Kiwi; 04-10-2012 at 12:07 PM.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array ryanchevi_123's Avatar
    Credits

I started back on october 20, 2007 when i was a huge noob since then i had sold my ds and games, stupid i know, considering i had an even darkrai and multiple shinies on my diamond file. I just recently, in the last few months, bought another ds lite along with pokemon white, heart gold, and platinum and was hoping the site would be what it used to be. To me dismay it wasnt but its good to see that people are trying to revive it and i would be glad to help seeing as my university exams are done next week.
    Trying to rebuild my pokemon collection to it's former glory!

Pokemon Trainer Student Array TheNinjaPhoenix's Avatar
    Credits

I remember joining, introduced by once gym-assistant then -leader Slizer107, a good real-life friend, who I rather miss since we lost proper contact. I remember joining with no experience in competitive battling, and little knowledge of IV's, but a grasp on EV's. I remember my first event I took part in, a gym battle, losing 3-0, and my first farm event. Mudkip. I always wanted to do an event with Riolu, but I couldn't get the IV's right and I didn't want to dissapoint. I now have a box of 15 which I just won't put up. Partly due to my wifi, but also because 15 will never go. I remember when I'd see an event posted and I'd say 'I'll come back in an hour or two to put a post up to reserve, I'm busy'. I'd come back and they'd all be taken. I remember when the average viewings of a fanfiction and fanart were hundreds daily, and the crowd that gathered and joined would be behind you, to the point that if you weren't posting every couple of days, you'd have a VM or PM, asking why the story or art has stopped. Pokefarm is a ghost of its former self, and I doubt it will ever truly recover, but as long as we have dedicated members, such as myself, LovelyStrife and PokePal, Gengar and Maggyo, Tani and Vas, BlueBulbasaur and Chiaro, Ryan (both of you!), and our admins and mods, such as Kurt, Deneves, and Steve, we'll keep going strong. It may be a smaller community than the once bustling forum it was, but I'm still proud, 4 years on, to be part of this community. Pokefarm, a site where I've made some of the best friends online who I'll ever have, and who I'm grateful I met here.

Lets keep going guys. We're a close-knit community, and I'm willing to stay whatever happens.
    This is a signature. Ha.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array platinum's Avatar
    Credits

8/15/2009
    I found PokeFarm completely out of random. I searched around it and was very interested, so I joined. I spent almost all of my time here (I was in middle school, so I had no life :P). I remember when I got destroyed by Trombones and he introduced me into IVs and EVs. I always enjoyed participating in events because I was practicing EV training and I knew those Pokemon were meant to battle and could be put to good use. Trombones, Tani, Nana, and Deneves got me into breeding, and I learned how to breed for natures, egg moves, and IVs. It wasn't very long before I had my first farming event (Scyther). They weren't very good, but I felt accomplished. But then my DS broke and I stopped coming here. When I got back, everything went downhill. Almost no one was online and almost no one was posting. I was really looking forward to facing the gyms, but the majority of them aren't even active (I did manage to find and beat Paiopa a few weeks ago though). I may have been here a short time compared to others, but I care a lot for this place and I'll do whatever I can to get this place at least half as active as Bulbagarden and Smogon.

Thanks so much Vasden2!
    White FC: 5071-8056-6941
    White2 FC: 4041-4660-3856
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-6481-9101
    Friend Safari: Bug- Ledyba/Volbeat/Venemoth

Credits
    Blog Entries

Well, this is a cheerful thread.

Quote Originally Posted by platinum View Post
    I remember when I got destroyed by Trombones and he introduced me into IVs and EVs.
    I was like "I destroyed you?!" and then looked at my record...you were the only one I swept 6-0. lol

I joined way back in '07, during the first month of the site's inception (I didn't have my own email address back then, so I didn't register right away until I used my parents' address and tried hiding the registration email so they couldn't get mad...oh lol). Didn't do much in terms of site activity for a while until eventually deciding to get involved with one of Buzz's breeding projects. That kicked everything off: I started farming late that year, and eventually worked my way up to a subforum farm after about twenty events, including at least one main-site event and a holiday giveaway of fourteen fully-trained Dragonite. At some point in time, I got into gym battles too, and got all but one of the league badges; I started as the Circuit (then named Beacon) Gym Assistant under Slizer, then moved up to the Zeppelin GL position later that year. When B/W came out, I played through maybe two-thirds of the game, then quit due to college-related conflicts and haven't gone back to it since (I'm beginning to "outgrow" Pokémon, if you will, and the fact that battling and breeding is harder in Gen. V hasn't helped keep my interest piqued). Between college and working on my own forum (which has made me utterly despise vBulletin, by the way :P), I've been rather busy, but I'm still open for helping jump-start things if anyone has suggestions that will be followed through.

Pokemon Trainer Array Pikadude609's Avatar
    Credits

I agree it's a shame that the activity has died downs so much. I admit I have been busy, and haven't played Pokémon much,but now I'm trying to get into it again. I don't really have time for EVs and IVs but I've decided to go through playing again.

I'm starting with LeafGreen then Emerald or Sapphire, then Diamond and then Black/White 2 in the Autumn.