View Poll Results: What would you like to see?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep Gyms Closed

4 18.18%
  • Old Gym Leaders, Reopened Gyms

2 9.09%
  • New Gym Leaders, Reopened Gyms

16 72.73%
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New gym leaders?

PokeFarm Blogger Array pokemonpal7's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Cool New gym leaders?

I've decided to finally make a move on this. If you would like to see some new gym leaders, or keeping the gym leaders but reopening gyms then post in the poll

Pokemon Trainer Array Pokemancer's Avatar
    Credits

I'd think some combination of both might work - those Gym Leaders that wish to remain should have the option, or have to face challengers to keep it - King of the Hill-style!
    Look! I've got FANFICS:
    To Conquer Worlds: A Platinum Nuzlocke Challenge
    Umbral Lines - A Story of Unova

Also, take a look at: Those Who Know How Not To Be Seen: A group for lovers of Pokémon and Monty Python!

GO SPURS GO!!!

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Gengar's Avatar
    Credits

I agree with Josh. No, not you, Josh, the other Josh. Umm...what? Anyway, I feel the old gym leaders should also have a say, before they are dethroned from their specialty, i.e. Kurt should have a say about flying, and whatnot...but I suppose there are leaders who are no longer active on this sight, so it would probably be easier to start with those specialties first. Take it for what you will...
    Y: 5129 - 1899 - 9166
    The Castaways: Under maintenance

Credits
    Blog Entries

Rules yes but isn't the game about using favorites and seeing how they stack up against competition?. I think that some of the newer members want to battle.

Maybe a free for all gym How about rotating gym leaders.

Just a couple of ideas from someone that has never battled, well maybe a couple of times

Thanks Belnumcree for the awesome signature banner!

Pokemon Trainer Student Array GoldChico's Avatar
    Credits

I agree with Pokemancer, former leaders have the right to choose whether or not to continue in his position. I do not know the old leaders, so do not know if anyone still keeps contact with them.
    I think that the leaders can choose some kind of new rule for their gym, such as fight Rotation Battle or Doubles / Triples.
    But how the new leaders would be chosen?

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Maggyo's Avatar
    Credits

Why not just make some new gyms with different gimmicks? There's no rule that says Pokemon gyms have got to be type based, and then it's not stepping on anyone's toes.
    Currently Masuda breeding for - 1150/1366 hatched so far

click here for thread

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quick, who are the top battlers on the site right now?

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Maggyo's Avatar
    Credits

Just for the record, I think this subject could have been raised in a more sensitive way than opening up a poll.

Please, don't take this topic as an attack on pokefarm or its administration because I'm sure that's not how it was intended. This is my take: I'm nobody around here, I only signed up in August, but all the same I'm seeing a community that has a tiny fraction of the activity it should be getting, and I get the impression that's because a large part of the forum is just inactive-until-further-notice.

Would there be any objection from the administration if those of us who are interested in setting up a STRICTLY unofficial league made a topic somewhere and just did it by ourselves? We could just make a thread with the names and descriptions of our gyms and let people PM/VM us from there to arrange battles. It doesn't have to be a big complicated thing. No need to even have a set of eight plus E4, four gyms would be more than enough to get something happening on the battle board. Pokemonpal7's already stated that he'd be willing to run a team.

It would be explicitly stated and understood by all involved that anything like this would be temporary, non-canon and in no way intended to replace the "real" Pokefarm gym league.

As for badges/incentives, I used to be in a guild on gamefaqs (I know, I know...) and we had a fantastic league there, used to give out theme-related signature pokemon as gym badges i.e. one gym leader had an eeveelution team and gave out a wish eevee as his badge. I think that sort of thing would match Pokefarm's ethos wouldn't it? And it doesn't require the site staff to take any action or extend any formal support.
    Last edited by Maggyo; 09-01-2011 at 01:48 PM.
    Currently Masuda breeding for - 1150/1366 hatched so far

click here for thread

PokeFarm Blogger Array pokemonpal7's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Well, confession time. I was actually holding out for the crypt gym, and maggyo, that's exactly what I was thinking of doing if people beat me. Give out a Deino with Head Smash like the Hydreigon in my team holding a dark gem. So, yeh, I think that's an epic idea . And you're right maggyo- this was most definitely NOT an attack on Pokefarm- I don't bother using the rest of my iPad, I just head straight to safari for Pokefarm! Oh, and you're also wrong maggyo. Of course you're not a nobody! You're as much of a somebody as anyone else on this place!

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maggyo View Post
    Just for the record, I think this subject could have been raised in a more sensitive way than opening up a poll.

Please, don't take this topic as an attack on pokefarm or its administration because I'm sure that's not how it was intended. This is my take: I'm nobody around here, I only signed up in August, but all the same I'm seeing a community that has a tiny fraction of the activity it should be getting, and I get the impression that's because a large part of the forum is just inactive-until-further-notice.

Would there be any objection from the administration if those of us who are interested in setting up a STRICTLY unofficial league made a topic somewhere and just did it by ourselves? We could just make a thread with the names and descriptions of our gyms and let people PM/VM us from there to arrange battles. It doesn't have to be a big complicated thing. No need to even have a set of eight plus E4, four gyms would be more than enough to get something happening on the battle board. Pokemonpal7's already stated that he'd be willing to run a team.

It would be explicitly stated and understood by all involved that anything like this would be temporary, non-canon and in no way intended to replace the "real" Pokefarm gym league.

As for badges/incentives, I used to be in a guild on gamefaqs (I know, I know...) and we had a fantastic league there, used to give out theme-related signature pokemon as gym badges i.e. one gym leader had an eeveelution team and gave out a wish eevee as his badge. I think that sort of thing would match Pokefarm's ethos wouldn't it? And it doesn't require the site staff to take any action or extend any formal support.
    By all means, please feel free to start an unofficial league!! Badges couldn't be given away until the official Gyms are set up, but signature images, handing out in-game Pokémon or online eggs to victors, etc. is more than welcome. As a couple of people have stated in other topics, some of the reasons as to why we don't have the Gyms up and running again include the issues that have come up with Gen. V's changes to Wi-Fi battling, as well as the fact that many of our previous leaders (such as myself) are either inactive on the site or indisposed with other things, such as school. However, we can't exactly replace those Gym Leaders without knowing who would be capable of filling the position from a battling standpoint, can we? Therefore, if you guys want to start something unofficial, I definitely say go for it, since not only does it help us see who's interested in battling, but it lets you take a spin at what being a Gym Leader would be like.