Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Umbral Lines - A Story of Unova

Pokemon Trainer Array Pokemancer's Avatar
    Credits

Default Umbral Lines - A Story of Unova

{SPOILER ALERT! THERE MAY BE THINGS REVEALED WITHIN THIS STORY THAT THOSE WHO HAVEN'T BEATEN THE GAME DO NOT KNOW!!!}

PROLOGUE
    “In the umbra, the tunnel, when the mind went wombtomb, then it was real thought and real living, living thought.”--Samuel Beckett

DARKNESS.
    Deepest. Darkest. Enveloping. Eclipsing. All-encompassing. ETERNAL.

Finally, a flash of color. Two bright blue lights spring into existence within the Darkness.
    The lights draw closer, burning like dancing blue flames in the Darkness, growing as if fed fuel directly from the Void.

A shape emerges around the flames. It is as white as bleached bone. A sleek canine head with a long flowing mane sits atop a long yet thin neck adorned by two circular bands. Two large wings speed the creature forward. Four-fingered claws can be seen at the corners of the wings. Trailing behind the beast is its powerful tail, a figurative and literal torch with streamers of flame and a shimmering heat aura surrounding it.
    The beast opens its jaws as it flies and a red-orange glow can be seen forming at the back of the throat, resembling a roaring fireplace. The glow seems to solidify for a moment as a scream/shout/bellow issues forth immediately followed by a beam of super-heated energy rushing forward at unimaginable speed.

*^*^*^*

“RESHIRAM!” I scream as I sit up in bed, sweat pouring off me as if I were the target of that blaze. The sheets are soaked and stick to my legs and arms as I struggle to free myself from them. My throat feels as if it were being pushed apart from the inside and then singed and dessicated by extreme heat. I try unsuccessfully to catch my breath, as neither my lungs nor my trachea seem to respond to my desires and needs.

"Landon?" A sepulchral voice comes from the corner of my bedroom. It takes me a moment, but I finally remember that Hel had been in the corner of my room closest to the window in order to keep an eye on the street. The gray and lavender Cofagrigus shimmered in the gloom, but her presence was reassuring. She had been with me a very long time and was one of my dearest friends. Hel and Surtur were the only ones left from my originals.

The Pokémon floated towards me, eyes shielded with concern as her shadowy limbs retracted and extended from her body rapidly. "Are you okay?" She inquired.

Whatever had blocked my breath finally released and I drew in a huge gulp of air, then exhaled and drew another long breath into my straining lungs. I nodded to her. "I'm fine, Hel. Fine. Just another...dream."

"Reshiram again? That N! Should I ever cross his path again, he will pay!" The coldness of her tone is so shocking I looked at her with surprise.

"Not N so much, Hel, as Ghetsis. He was the one pulling the strings and engineering things. What he did to his own son..." I stop and shake my head. "And now, over the last twenty-five years, the changes he has wrought upon Unova and begun to do beyond. It must stop. Something has to change. Hopefully the meeting with Bianca will pay off today. I've got to get some leads on Kyurem and Zek--" I stop as a lump forms in my throat and a sob nearly escapes my lips. "As well as Coballion and his band. They're the only options we have aside from Ghost Pokémon we've caught and bred and the few others that have remained with their trainers."

I sigh. Deeply and loudly. "Well, might as well get up, get refreshed and get going, eh?" I offer Hel with a voice more sure and stronger than I feel given the circumstances.

"No time like the present, Landon," she replies.

"That's the spirit," I say with a chuckle. "And Hel, please remember: Outside of this room and amongst most others, I can only be known as Pokémancer, Leader of the Revolution against Force Plasma and King N."

[/PROLOGUE]
    ==========

Thoughts? Comments? Feedback? Questions?
    Last edited by Pokemancer; 09-14-2011 at 05:29 PM. Reason: font fun for Hel.
    Look! I've got FANFICS:
    To Conquer Worlds: A Platinum Nuzlocke Challenge
    Umbral Lines - A Story of Unova

Also, take a look at: Those Who Know How Not To Be Seen: A group for lovers of Pokémon and Monty Python!

GO SPURS GO!!!

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Ryan493's Avatar
    Credits

Looks like a great intro! Nice work

Pokemon Trainer Student Array bluebulbasaur001's Avatar
    Credits

Great job so far! I like how your taking your username and actual pokemon and making a story about it. I didn't know Hel was shiny.
    FC

Black: 1978 9466 2778

Credits

Thanks, y'all!
    She isn't - I just really wish she were so I took a little creative license.
    I'm gonna breed and breed and breed and breed Cofa's until I get one!

As y'all can see this is a divergent story - breaking where the main character battled N for the right to decide the future of Human-Pokémon relations, and lost. I wish the game had had some actual ramifications of losing to N, but it didn't so I'm creating this Dark Future my own way!
    Look! I've got FANFICS:

Also, take a look at: Those Who Know How Not To Be Seen: A group for lovers of Pokémon and Monty Python!

GO SPURS GO!!!

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Joha5912's Avatar
    Credits

This is awesome, can't wait to hear more!

Credits

Thanks, Joha! Appreciate it!
    Any questions or other comments?
    I'll probably have more on Friday or Monday.
    Look! I've got FANFICS:

GO SPURS GO!!!

Pokemon Trainer Student Array TheNinjaPhoenix's Avatar
    Credits

Oh my God, E-P-I-C!!! All I can say, speechless!
    This is a signature. Ha.

Credits

Thanks, Dragax. Appreciate it!
    Look! I've got FANFICS:

GO SPURS GO!!!

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Maggyo's Avatar
    Credits

Whoa, why didn't I see this before? You gotta write more of this Hel seems like a really interesting character, it's nice to see a pokemon with a personality.

Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Maggyo View Post
    Whoa, why didn't I see this before? You gotta write more of this Hel seems like a really interesting character, it's nice to see a pokemon with a personality.
    Thank you. I love input! I'll have Chapter 1 up by Wednesday evening CST.
    Look! I've got FANFICS:

GO SPURS GO!!!