Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sandstorm Lead

Torrent Gym Assistant Array baguio's Avatar
    Credits

If you already have a t-tar on your team u dont really need a lead with sandstorm u could just use a anti-lead like l-licky to hopefully kill the enemy lead and then switch in your t-tar. If u use a lead with sandstorm its taking away a move, maybe an item if u using smooth rock and a turn, if u feel like your t-tar is in danger u should always switch into another poke that can cover his weakness, a focus sash also works great on lead t-tar and u could also carry a taunt of your own to counter other slower taunt users but that would leave u with only 2 attacking moves (assuming u still have DD).

now that i think about it if you build a
    l-licky @ lefties(or a custap berry wich i think would be great+explosion)
    brave 252 atk 252 hp 6 spd
    gyro ball
    power whip
    hammer arm/eq/explosion
    hammer arm/eq/explosion

you could counter pretty much all other weather leads and hopefully ohko
    Last edited by baguio; 07-08-2011 at 03:24 AM.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Frawg's Avatar
    Credits

That is a very good point. Assuming that licklicky would be able to cause enough trouble as an anti-lead I can always plan on T-tar being my second poke out. Even if they set up weather and switch out to a weather sweeper licklicky will still cripple them. Though I think I'll put this last few EVs into something other than speed, do to gyro ball.
    0_0 soon.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array TheNinjaPhoenix's Avatar
    Credits

You thought of throwing a good steel type in there to change the way things work? I'm not a great battler but I always have a surprise somewhere in my team... Maybe a Metagross or a high defence pokemon such as a Forretress?? Not too sure but it could work...
    This is a signature. Ha.

Credits

Well I have a team thought out with pretty good synergy, other than two loose ends. I can't figure out my lead, though I think I may go with Licky, and my sixth slot, which I was thinking of filling with a brightpowder, sandviel gliscor.
    I have an excadrill, and I've been weighing over the possibilities of either a metagross or a durant.
    0_0 soon.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array TheNinjaPhoenix's Avatar
    Credits

Excadrill is a good 'mon and I do use one, but my Metagross takes a higher position. I prefer Metagross for its strength, but its still a close call. I wouldn't know which one to pick. Both have their benefits... Why don't you trial all three in battles and see which you prefer? It means you can get to feel the team's with each in and pick from there?
    This is a signature. Ha.

Credits

Yeah, I planned on doing some picking and choosing once I get my first six bred. I'm working on No.3 now.
    0_0 soon.