Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sandstorm Lead

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Frawg's Avatar
    Credits

Default Sandstorm Lead

Hey Everybody.
    I'm currently working on a 5th gen Sandstorm team, but I'm having trouble deciding on what lead to use. I've considered several bugs, aerodactyl, or just your standard Hipowwodon, but I could use some guidance. I'm looking for something that can disrupt other leads and set up sandstorm. Up until recently I'd been heavily leaning towards accelgor but I found a flaw in my plan, any help would be appreciated.
    0_0 soon.

Pokemon Trainer Array Pokemancer's Avatar
    Credits

Whaddya think about Archeops? Can use Sandstorm & Toxic. Pluck for berry-holders. Taunt. Endeavor. U-Turn. Dragon-breath & -Claw. Smack Down. It is greatness and very unpredictable in the array of moves it can utilize. No Stealth Rock, though.
    Look! I've got FANFICS:
    To Conquer Worlds: A Platinum Nuzlocke Challenge
    Umbral Lines - A Story of Unova

Also, take a look at: Those Who Know How Not To Be Seen: A group for lovers of Pokémon and Monty Python!

GO SPURS GO!!!

Credits

I thought about that since it's ability wouldn't be much of a problem for a lead, but it has base 110 speed. It is unable to outspeed crobat, aerodactyl, jolteon, and quite a few other potential leads.
    0_0 soon.

Credits

Forgot about that part.
    Hrm... Lemme put some more thought into it.
    In the meantime...
    I know it's actually a Base 109 Speed, but...have you considered Durant? Tough and can use Entrainment for fun/messing with other leads. Plus Hone Claws + Baton Pass (egg move) and still has Sandstorm.
    Look! I've got FANFICS:

Also, take a look at: Those Who Know How Not To Be Seen: A group for lovers of Pokémon and Monty Python!

GO SPURS GO!!!

Credits

Ooh, I like that, with access to agility and hone claws it would make a good baton passer. Entrainment is interesting as well. Do you think it would pass?

One of my biggest concerns is being taunted, though Durant could still dish out pain even if it were taunted, another thing is that I want to have an answer for a whimsicott lead. Durant could probably handle that though.
    Keep bouncing ideas off me please. This helps.
    0_0 soon.

Credits

Welcome! Glad to help out!
    Entrainment lasts until the target faints or switches out. Good way to force a move on those that really rely on their Ability.
    X-Scissor would handle Whimsi-lead fairly well, I would think, though what to do about a Prankster Stun Spore, I don't know.

I'll see what else I can dig up for you.
    Look! I've got FANFICS:

GO SPURS GO!!!

Credits

So my original thought was Accelgor Timid natured 4HP/ 252SP.A/ 252SPD
    Sandstorm
    Final Gambit
    U-turn
    Bug buzz
    Item: Focus Sash.
    I was thinking set up sandstorm and take a hit, use Final Gambit after focus sash, let Sandstorm finish the opposing lead. However, I then realized that sandstorm would finish of Accelgor first. Any ideas on an Accelgor set?
    0_0 soon.

Credits

Ok so how about this. Licklicky with Cloud Nine.
    GyroBall
    Power Whip
    Explosion
    Sandstorm.
    Effective anti lead. Opposing weather teams won't be able to do much, I can set up sandstorm, at my leisure. Opposing leads will probably not use taunt because licklicky does not have many set up moves, and after I set up sandstorm it won't have any effect until licklicky is removed from battle.
    Thoughts? Critics?
    0_0 soon.

Torrent Gym Assistant Array baguio's Avatar
    Credits

licklicky seems to be a really good anti-lead for other weather teams but since u might sacrifice him with explosion your other pokes will only have 5-7 turns of sand and if the opponent bring their own weather inducing lead they could just save the poke till licky dies and set their weather again, he is a good poke to have on your team to counter other teams that rely on weather but not the best to set it up. have u tough of using a tyranitar? with his stats he can be pretty much anything your team lack, and sweeper with DD and standard physical moves, a special attacker with great coverage, a great tank with the sand buffs or just a standard lead

Credits

I do indeed have a t-tar already bred, however I shy away from leading with a T-tar because you risk losing a key peice of your team right from the get-go. I figured I'd have my T-tar switched in before the weather ran out. I run a DD set and it would be taunted by any other lead, thus neutralizing it's threat.
    0_0 soon.