Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokédex 3D [3DS]

Credits
    Blog Entries

Default Pokédex 3D [3DS]

(It would probably help if I posted news I put on Twitter...on the actual forum... :P)

One of the first apps available at the eShop launch will let users view more than 150 Pokémon in 3D.

Pokédex 3D, featuring all of the new Pokémon from the recent Pokémon Black and White games, will allow users to look up information about more than 150 Pokémon and their moves, all for free. It will make use of SpotPass and Augmented Reality.

Players start with 16 Pokémon and can unlock the remaining Pokédex entries by scanning QR Codes, using SpotPass (up to three random Pokémon a day), or by trading data with friends, likely via StreetPass.

Users will be able to view each Pokémon in 3D, and rotate them a full 360 degrees. The Pokédex features filters and bookmarking capabilities as well.

The app will use the 3DS' built-in Augmented Reality capabilities to display Pokémon in pictures taken via the 3DS Camera.

(source, more pictures: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/26460)

Credits

Hmm, it sounds good but the street pass thing is annoying, I've tok my 3DS around with me everywhere and I've not found a single Mii nevermind finding someone with Pokemon 3D.

It's free so I couldn't possible say no..

Pokemon League Judge Array HMTKSteve's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

This sounds awesome but Streetpass is a big miss. I think I have met three Miis via Streetpass.

Pokemon Trainer Array Pikadude609's Avatar
    Credits

Hmm, mixed feelings. While I'm disappointed that this is likely the game CoroCoro was talking about and no big game. It's nice, and I love how you can use AR with it. But the Streetpass sucks as people can live in airs with no one with that app, I'll just rely on Spotpass. Glad it's free though.

I'm looking forward to see if anyone of you can post a review when it's out, June 6th/7th.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pikadude609 View Post
    Hmm, mixed feelings. While I'm disappointed that this is likely the game CoroCoro was talking about and no big game. It's nice, and I love how you can use AR with it. But the Streetpass sucks as people can live in airs with no one with that app, I'll just rely on Spotpass. Glad it's free though.

I'm looking forward to see if anyone of you can post a review when it's out, June 6th/7th.
    Was the release date confirmed anywhere yet? Serebii originally stated next week but misread the article.

Pokemon Trainer Array Pikadude609's Avatar
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Trombones13 View Post
    Was the release date confirmed anywhere yet? Serebii originally stated next week but misread the article.
    I believe it'll be on the store from Day 1. With the 3DS update including the eStore coming June 6th in America and June 7th in Japan and the U.K (Time difference dates). Just in time for Nintendo's E3.

Credits
    Blog Entries

We need a Pokemon AR game where you can battle other players in the real world!

can anyone give me the link through which i can download the 3d pokedex
    AXEL1000 IS THE BEST WHO BEATS THE REST

Credits
    Blog Entries

It's not yet available, and when it is, you'll get it through the eShop on the Nintendo 3DS. It's not online.

Credits
    Blog Entries

I'm curious to see how the "gotta catch 'em all" bit woks on this. From what I have read you start out with a handful of random Pokemon "Seen" and that you have to collect the else via spotpass and friends.

No one near me has a 3DS so I will have to do my catching online?