Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Hunt

Pokemon Trainer Student Array bluebulbasaur001's Avatar
    Credits

Default The Hunt

Prologue

With a final blow, Marvin’s Emboar finished the battle. His opponent’s Samurott fell to the ground knocked unconscious. Emboar let out a roar of victory before returning to the pokeball in Marvin’s outstretched hand.
    “And he’s done it again, folks!” the announcer cried. “Another 6 to 0 victory by Marvin Farley! His 8th win in a row!”
    Marvin smiled smugly and glanced down at his Emboar’s pokeball. “Excellent job, Torch,” he whispered, “as usual.”
    Far away, another man watched the battle. Glaring at the screen, he snarled.
    “He knows!” the man rasped. “He must know. The easy wins, the crushing defeats. This Marvin must know Victini and therefore must know of the stones.”
    The phone rang. As the man checked the caller ID, his face went pale. Eyes wide, he brought the phone to his ear.
    “Yes, sir?” he asked. His voice began to shake with something that sounded suspiciously like fear.
    The voice on the other line said something. In a small voice the man replied, “Yes, sir. Of course, sir.”
    The person on the other end hung up.

Credits

Chapter 1

Marvin walked out of the arena triumphantly. It had gone this way for the past seven battles: a total win against his opponents. His team hadn’t needed to pull off a single big stunt to defeat the other pokémon.
    “Weak,” Marvin muttered. “They’re all so weak. Here I am training for months on end and all I get to do is battle weak pokémon with their weak trainers. Doesn’t anyone take battling seriously around here?” Shaking his head with disgust, Marvin walked to the nearest Pokémon Center.
    Nurse Joy practically squealed as Marvin entered the building. “Oh it’s you!” she said. “Marvin Farley, the winner at the pokémon tournament. I’m a huge fan.” She held up a pen and notebook. “Can I have an autograph, please?”
    Marvin picked up the pen and signed the notebook. As Nurse Joy squealed again, Marvin asked, “Can you heal my pokémon? We’ve got another battle tomorrow.”
    “Oh,” Nurse Joy exclaimed. “Of course.” Marvin handed her his pokémon and she hurried off. Sighing, Marvin sat down and began picking through some magazines to wait.
    Two hours and five magazines later, Nurse Joy came back out with Marvin’s pokémon.
    “Your pokémon are feeling one hundred percent!” she exclaimed. “I must admit, I’ve never seen pokémon in such wonderful physical condition. You must train them hard!”
    Marvin attempted a small smile. “I do,” he replied as he took his pokémon from the ecstatic nurse. He left the center and began to look for a place to eat.
    While he searched for food, he noticed a figure in a trench coat. He found it odd that anyone would be dressed in such a way on a summer day. As they passed on the empty street, the covered man suddenly grabbed Marvin. Before he could shout, the stranger placed a wet rag in front of his mouth. The fumes knocked Marvin out cold. The last thing he saw was the dark street before he slipped into unconsciousness.
    Last edited by bluebulbasaur001; 04-29-2011 at 04:19 PM.

Pokemon Trainer in Waiting Array Chiaroscuro's Avatar
    Credits

Lots of potential, keep it going!
    I <3 Bulbapedia. Here's something to help breeders, since I haven't seen this up yet: Egg Cycle Chart

Check out my first fan-fic, Eevee Coordinator

Check out my ePortfolio

Pokemon Trainer Array Pokemancer's Avatar
    Credits

Agree with Chiaro! Great start, bb!
    One little nitpick - The announcer said "Marvin Farley" and Nurse Joy said "Marvin Talcon"...
    Definitely gonna keep up with this one!
    Look! I've got FANFICS:
    To Conquer Worlds: A Platinum Nuzlocke Challenge
    Umbral Lines - A Story of Unova

Also, take a look at: Those Who Know How Not To Be Seen: A group for lovers of Pokémon and Monty Python!

GO SPURS GO!!!

Credits

Chapter 2

Marvin woke up feeling groggy and uncomfortable. His arms and legs were stiff and cramped. If he had tried walking, there was no doubt he would fall on his face several times. Not that he was walking anywhere, as he was tied to a chair.
    “Umph,” Marvin garbled from behind his gag. With a sudden rush he remembered the recent events: getting kidnapped right after winning his last match in the pokémon tournament. The weird man in the trench coat knocking him out with what Marvin decided was likely chloroform. But, why? Sure, he was the big shot at the tournament, but what did they want him for? Maybe his pokémon, but…
    His pokémon! Marvin recalled dimly that he had gotten back his pokémon just before he was kidnapped. He began reaching for the pokéballs, but once again realized his arms were tied behind his back.
    Marvin began to struggle in his desperation to get free. However, he had been tied firmly to the chair. There was no escape.
    Suddenly a bright light was switched on. Marvin managed to turn his head to avoid the main glare, but it was still blinding. He heard a door open and close on the other side of the room. A hand shot out from nowhere and ripped the tape off his mouth.
    “Ow!” Marvin shouted. “What was that for?”
    A raspy voice spoke. “Where are they? Where are the stones?”
    “What are you talking about? Who are you?”
    “That,” the man said, “is none of your concern. Now tell me, where are the stones?”
    “Stones,” Marvin asked, voice quivering. “What stones? Do you mean my evolution stones? I had a few Fire stones in my backpack.”
    “Not those stones!” the man rasped. “The stones guarded by Victini itself. Where are they?”
    Marvin was puzzled. “Isn’t Victini a legendary pokémon?”
    “Yes you fool!” the man said angrily. “It is also the guardian of the stones. Now tell me. Where. Are. They?” The man’s voice was getting louder and louder by the word.
    Marvin began to feel angry as well. “I don’t know what you’re talking about!” he shouted. “Where am I?”
    “In a place,” the man said cheerfully, “where no one can hear you. In a place where I have all the power. In a place where not even your miserable pokémon can help you.”
    Marvin felt cold. “My pokémon!” he cried. “Where are they? What have you done to them?”
    The man laughed cruelly. “They’re fine, for now. That might change if you don’t give me what I want. Where are the stones?”
    “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”
    “Well, in that case…” the man began to say.
    A loud crash resounded throughout the building.
    Last edited by bluebulbasaur001; 05-01-2011 at 10:32 PM.

Credits

Ooooh, mysterious crash! *squeals and shivers excitedly*
    I <3 Bulbapedia. Here's something to help breeders, since I haven't seen this up yet: Egg Cycle Chart

Check out my ePortfolio

Credits

Chapter 3

“What was that?” Marvin and the man asked at the same time.
    “I’ll be back,” the man hissed. “Don’t go anywhere.”
    “Like I can,” Marvin muttered as he heard the man close the door. The bright light was shut off, allowing Marvin to open his eyes. They slowly adjusted to the sudden darkness. Finally he managed to make out his surroundings.
    There wasn’t much. Except for the spotlight and his chair, the room was mostly bare. A small table stood opposite of Marvin. On it were several small balls. After a moment Marvin recognized their red and white colors.
    Marvin gasped. His pokémon! The man had left the pokémon, or at least their pokéballs, in the same room as Marvin. All Marvin needed to do was get them and he could get out of this place.
    But Marvin was still tied to the chair. No matter how much he wiggled, Marvin remained unable to loosen the ropes. His pokémon were just a few tantalizing feet away, but quite easily out of his grasp.
    He became desperate. Marvin began to rock his chair back and forth in a vain effort to get out. All he managed to do was tip the chair over, giving him a lovely view of the floor.
    Grumbling, Marvin began twisting like a snake. As Marvin was still tied to a chair he couldn’t move easily, but the slithering did get him closer to the table. Unfortunately it was too slow. At this rate it would take an hour to cross the small room, and Marvin doubted he would have that time.
    Then the door opened.
    Marvin froze. The earlier tone of the kidnapper’s voice suggested that he would not appreciate Marvin trying to escape. Marvin waited for the expected smack he would certainly receive.
    “What the…?” a voice said. Marvin started. This wasn’t the same voice as before. This voice was smoother and, well, not raspy. The new man called out to another person. “Found someone. Don’t think he’s a member, though.”
    “Oh really?” a second voice asked. “And how would you know that?
    “First off, he’s a teenager,” the new man said. “He also appears to be tied to a knocked over chair. Doesn’t look very comfortable, either.”
    “That’s a definite,” Marvin said. “Could you, I don’t know, untie me or something?”
    He heard the man walk behind him and begin to work on the ropes. A few seconds later Marvin fell the rest of the way to the floor. Pulling himself up, Marvin got his first glimpse of his rescuer.
    The man was older than he thought, with graying hair, although he appeared to be fit. He wore a brown over coat that fell down to his knees. He also had the largest pair of eyes Marvin had ever seen. They looked like they took in everything.
    “Who are you? What’s your name?” Marvin asked.
    The man smiled. “That’s a secret, but you can call me Looker,” he said. “Now, what’s your name?”
    “Marvin Farley. What’s going on?”
    Looker sighed. “I was hoping you could tell me,” he admitted. “My partner and I tracked team Plasma here, but we’ve got no clue what they’re up to. I suspect they’re trying to steal trainer’s pokémon again.”
    Marvin suddenly remembered his own pokémon. “They took my pokémon, but only so I couldn’t use them,” Marvin wondered aloud.
    Looker seemed confused. “Are you certain?” he inquired.
    “Yeah,” Marvin said. “My pokémon are on that table. See?” He picked up one of the pokéballs. “Go, Torch!” He shouted.
    The pokeball opened and out came Torch. It looked a bit confused, but otherwise seemed normal.
    “Return,” Marvin ordered, and the emboar returned to its pokeball.
    “Well then,” Looker said, “did they at least tell you something?”
    Marvin gulped. “The man asked me about some stones.”
    “Evolution stones?”
    “No.” Marvin shook his head. “He asked about some other stones. He wasn’t very specific, didn’t even mention what kind of stones he wanted. All that the guy mentioned was that the stones were guarded by Victini. Seriously, why ask me? I’ve never even seen Victini.”
    Looker paled. “Oh no,” he whispered. “That’s what they’re after.”

Credits

Very nice pacing and characterization! Can't wait for more!
    Look! I've got FANFICS:

Also, take a look at: Those Who Know How Not To Be Seen: A group for lovers of Pokémon and Monty Python!

GO SPURS GO!!!

Credits

Very nice job. Certainly better than Zombieland

Check out my ePortfolio

Credits

HEY! What's wrong with Zombieland? I loved that movie and can't wait for the sequel!
    I mean, it's no Shaun of the Dead or BedDead & Breakfast, but it's good, nonetheless!
    Sorry for the off-topic-post. Can't wait for the next chapter!!!
    Look! I've got FANFICS:

GO SPURS GO!!!