Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Chaining in Black and White?

PokeFarm Supporter Array becnoir's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Default Pokemon Chaining in Black and White?

Well I have recently been chatting with my Dad about this. Can you chain in the new games? I've finished the game and have been to all the towns but some things I have not done yet because I don't have much time, but I have not come across a PokeRader yet.
    Does anyone know if the PokeRader is in the game, or not?
    I'm a horse and sometimes I draw and write

Pokemon Trainer Array MissingNo.'s Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

I thought this was, thankfully, removed from B/W. I'm glad if it is; it makes shiny Pokemon worth something again.
    Competitive Discussion

Pokemon Trainer Array Pikadude609's Avatar
    Credits

Nope, the games have returned to as they were in R/B times. No rader, but no VS.Seeker either. Makes it a lot harder, but more enjoyable. So the only shinies you can find are hatched/encountered. As most you can't SR anymore.

Credits
    Blog Entries

I'm very happy with this change, for purely egoistic reasons: I couldn't chain at all, so it just makes any shiny I find randomly more worth

Torrent Gym Leader/Head Farmer Array Deneves's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

I miss the pokeradar and the pokewalker and even the underground. These all added hours to my gameplay.
    I could spend a week playing the game certain trying to chain a pokemon. I would have like to had a chance to chain some of the pokemon that never showed up in the pokeradar in the last generation, mostly the water types. I understood not including them in HeartGold & SoulSilver as it would have changed the layout of Johto/Kanto to include the 9x9 patches of grass.
    I also enjoyed the pokemon sprite following you in HeartGold/SoulSilver. It seems a lot of the improvements to the game in the last generation were cast aside.
    I don't understand the idea that they are worth more. How many shinys are offered in our forums? What would one of the new generation be worth? If they are so rare that none are found, then there is no market for them. There is still the masuda method I guess, but most foriegn pokemon on the GTS have bad natures or IVs to start breeding projects for a 1 in 2000+ chance of a shiny
    Last edited by Deneves; 03-12-2011 at 02:01 PM.

Pokemon Trainer in Waiting Array FlockOfWingulls's Avatar
    Credits

It always baffles me that with so many games under their belt that they leave out so many enjoyable features. I think they like just bringing stuff back later. I'm pretty pleased with the touch screen enhancements, but it's still not perfect. Registering items is my biggest complaint. The shoulder buttons still do nothing... we should be able to register three items!
    Black: 3568 0886 9851
    Diamond: 4725 4478 6772
    AIM: flockofwingulls - feel free to im me for trades or to chat

Pokemon Trainer Student Array rj61's Avatar
    Credits

They may have left some of the stuff out because (from my point of view) that Gamefreak wanted to mess with their 3d engine more than add little features like a pokemon following or worry about grass patch sizes.
    3DS FC Brock: 0791 2277 3703

About to start breeding better Poke's getting ready for battling. Are you ready?

Credits
    Blog Entries

...not that they have a proper 3D engine. I mean, they are still using 2D sprites for their characters! You'd think they'd make character models by now, but no...

Pokemon Trainer Array Pikadude609's Avatar
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Bobreeder View Post
    ...not that they have a proper 3D engine. I mean, they are still using 2D sprites for their characters! You'd think they'd make character models by now, but no...
    Hopefully we see something like that on the 3DS. I think the games should have a full size sprite and 360 movement like in Pokemon Ranger instead of D-Pad movement. It would work wonders with the Circle Pad.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array rj61's Avatar
    Credits

IMO you take the 2d aspect of walking around and walking in grass you loose the roots of pokemon that we know and love. I personally would like a chance to chain some of the pokemon in this gen but if the its not here it isn't
    3DS FC Brock: 0791 2277 3703

About to start breeding better Poke's getting ready for battling. Are you ready?