Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gyms Closing

Pokemon Trainer Array Pokemancer's Avatar
    Credits

I think a 4th Gen gym still being available would be nice, but I understand the activity-levels haven't exactly been stellar. Perhaps we need to advertise the Gyms more and make them a little easier to understand? I know when I came back from my hiatus and I started looking at the Gyms I was pretty lost and didn't know how to proceed exactly. Actually, I'm still a little iffy on it, but I know my way around the site better and know whom to ask about things. Did this ramble make sense?
    Look! I've got FANFICS:
    To Conquer Worlds: A Platinum Nuzlocke Challenge
    Umbral Lines - A Story of Unova

Also, take a look at: Those Who Know How Not To Be Seen: A group for lovers of Pokémon and Monty Python!

GO SPURS GO!!!

Credits
    Blog Entries

I think the 4th gen gym can wait and see if there's any 4th generation activity here in a few months. If the 4th gen community still is any active, a 4th gen gym might be in order.

As for Miracle Shooter, I think it would be more interesting to see a "Miracle Shooter" Gym, as part of making every gym more unique. If you actually have to practice a way of playing before every gym, it would be more of an achievement to win, compared to just switching a Pokemon or 2 on your main team to have a type advantage without switching up your style of playing.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array rj61's Avatar
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Bobreeder View Post
    I think the 4th gen gym can wait and see if there's any 4th generation activity here in a few months. If the 4th gen community still is any active, a 4th gen gym might be in order.

As for Miracle Shooter, I think it would be more interesting to see a "Miracle Shooter" Gym, as part of making every gym more unique. If you actually have to practice a way of playing before every gym, it would be more of an achievement to win, compared to just switching a Pokemon or 2 on your main team to have a type advantage without switching up your style of playing.
    Possible gym types could be Legendary, the obvious triple/rotation, how about roulette, then the standard dual type gyms, then tier based gyms (uber, OU, UU, NU, NFE/Little). what do you guys think? I also assume that there is going to be a change in the pokefarm league?
    3DS FC Brock: 0791 2277 3703

About to start breeding better Poke's getting ready for battling. Are you ready?

Crypt Gym Secretary Array pikaluva13's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by predictions of doom View Post
    Why don't we keep one 4th gen gym open, for people who still want to use 4th gen rules? It can be a speciality gym, and not part of the main league, like the UU/Little Gyms.
    ^This
    I'm not even thinking I'll be making a team for Black...If I do I'll just get them from other people and have others raise them and stuff.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credits

About the Miracle Shooter: It seems best to allow the challenger and leader to have unlimited use, but limited items. For example, the leader can use potions, ethers, state healers, berries(are they in there), and the stat boosters, but not have access to any revives, while the challenger is open to any item except the revives, possibly allowing one or two uses of a revive at max so that it feels like an in game challenge against a gym leader who has intelligence and skill.

Friend Code: 0733-7241-0362

<-- need 2 more wins to make it official

Credits
    Blog Entries

The game inherently restricts the use of items through the point mechanism in the feature (you get 1 point each turn, items cost X points), so using Revives is a costly affair.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array T roo's Avatar
    in a place, in a town, in a state, in a hemisphere, on a planet, in a galaxy, in a universe
    Credits

Here is my thought on the new battling system. I believe nintendo HAS broken the metagame a little, but not in balance just in annoyance. I personally am going to find this have to train all my pokemon to level 100 thing a MAJOR draw back for my hopes for battling.... But why 100? The way things operate outside of 50's. I think 65 maybe 70 would be much more effective. Think about it, the latest evolution is 59, and no pokemon at least that I can think of or have looked up learns any useful non TM moves after about 55. Even if you can not evolve it, and learn it in time. Maybe lvl 100 isn't that much of a hassle, but 65 is even less.

Onto the matter of the wonder shooter, I believe most of it isn't OP. While yes in some situations it is a hassle. And I can understand banning the Stat X's (though one could argue that this is why they have added so many new attacks that avoid status changes). But the rest of it is FINE. If anything it rewards players who play patiently and wisely for what they're doing, winning them the game more effectively in a long fight, rather then a fight of the best sweeper. Obviously they would have to ban it from the little gym, for even the potion would brake it. I think maybe banning it from the Chrysalis gym would be good as well, as that is the gym for young inspiring trainers, but all gyms... no. I don't see any use for a special gym as well.

Just my 2 cents.
    No, nothing is loading, it's just awesome

Pokemon Trainer Student Array lordlogan2's Avatar
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by T roo View Post
    Here is my thought on the new battling system. I believe nintendo HAS broken the metagame a little, but not in balance just in annoyance. I personally am going to find this have to train all my pokemon to level 100 thing a MAJOR draw back for my hopes for battling.... But why 100? The way things operate outside of 50's. I think 65 maybe 70 would be much more effective. Think about it, the latest evolution is 59, and no pokemon at least that I can think of or have looked up learns any useful non TM moves after about 55. Even if you can not evolve it, and learn it in time. Maybe lvl 100 isn't that much of a hassle, but 65 is even less.

Onto the matter of the wonder shooter, I believe most of it isn't OP. While yes in some situations it is a hassle. And I can understand banning the Stat X's (though one could argue that this is why they have added so many new attacks that avoid status changes). But the rest of it is FINE. If anything it rewards players who play patiently and wisely for what they're doing, winning them the game more effectively in a long fight, rather then a fight of the best sweeper. Obviously they would have to ban it from the little gym, for even the potion would brake it. I think maybe banning it from the Chrysalis gym would be good as well, as that is the gym for young inspiring trainers, but all gyms... no. I don't see any use for a special gym as well.

Just my 2 cents.

A well made Stall team could do wonders combined with the wonder launcher

But also you only need to train it to 50 there is a round down to 50 option
    ]thanks to scarlet for my awsome chcyer Bobreeder made that for me once upon a timeago the FC no longer applies

Credits

Quote Originally Posted by lordlogan2 View Post
    A well made Stall team could do wonders combined with the wonder launcher

But also you only need to train it to 50 there is a round down to 50 option
    Unless you can change the options somewhere offline you can only use three pokemon in the level 50 battles.

I'm a pretty competitve player, and I think the wonder shooter isn't something that should be allowed normally. No, I have not tested it much, but stall teams would abuse it to the fullest. Think of how annoying it would be to finally take out an oppoent's wall that has been giving you trouble or be really close to when they all of a sudden use a max revive or full restore. I know it takes time to accumulate the points to access certain items, but a well played stall team could do it without breaking a sweat.

Credits
    Blog Entries

So far from reading everything these are the gym types that seem to be of interest.

• Rotational Battles
    • Triple Battle Gym
    • Specialty Gyms
      • 1 or 2 4th Gen gyms
      • Miracle Shooter Gym
      • Legendary Gym
      • UU Gym
      • Baby/Little Cup Gym
    • Basic Dual type Gyms
    • Doubles Gym

The difference between a Baby Gym and a Little Cup Gym is, Baby battles are level 1 only and Little Cup is level 5 and allows the use of items.

The only downside to the Flat Rule in Single battle wi-fi is that only 3 Pokémon can be used for the level 50-. 4 Pokémon for Double battles, 6 Pokémon for Triple battles. 4 Pokémon for Rotational battles.