Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B/W [North America]: Mall Tour!

PokéCulturalist Array toys4life's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Talking B/W [North America]: Mall Tour!

Greetings everybody! My son and I were luck enough to be able to drive down to the Westfield SouthPark Mall in Strongville, OH on Feb 5th for the opening week of the B/W Mall Tour and wanted to share pictures and information about the tour for anyone else planning on going or for anyone who isn't able to go but wants to know everything about it!

BTW Most my pictures are linked to LARGER pictures so make sure and CLICK ON THE PICS

- INFORMATION BOOTH -

First and foremost get to the mall EARLY (as in BEFORE the stores open) and GET YOUR MOVIE TICKETS!!! The free movie tickets to Zoroark: Master of Illusions are given out at the Information Booth. At the mall we went to they gave out tickets for the first 3 showings when the mall opened and then gave out tickets for the last 2 showings at 3pm. The Tickets were in high demand and a lot of people left empty handed because the theater only sat 100 people! Plus if you plan on snagging the oversized Zorua and Celebi promo card you HAVE to get a movie ticket!!! The promo cards are giving out as your leaving the theater.

After getting your movie tickets make sure and pick up your information booklet so you can collect all your stamps from the stamping stations.

- POKÉMON CENTER -
    If you see anything you really want on the Pokémon Center you might think about going here next. The store tellers told me that the 6 inch Reshiram and Zekrom figures sold out in less then 1 hour!

As you can see if you click on the photos the prices are as follows...
    2" figures = $5.00
    6" Figures = $10.00
    6" Poké Doll & Plush = $10.00
    12" Plush = $20.00
    YOUTH sized T-Shirts S-XL = $20.00

Depending on the size of your purchase (or how many times you make a purchase) you will also get a small, medium or large bag that are real cool too!

BUT...If nothing at the Pokemon Center catches your eye then I would go straight to the stamping stations and collect all 5 stamps then hightail it to the...

- ACTIVITY ZONE -
    There is TONS of stuff at the Activity Zone but what you need to focus on first is the PRIZE WHEEL!!! The line for the Prize Wheel was outrageous and it stayed that way until around 6:30 PM! Once you get to the front of the line they will mark your book, stamp your hand, and let you spin the wheel to collect your prize.

When you spin you have the chance to win a phone charm, 1 of 3 plush character, 3 patches, or a stylus. Now supposedly there was a sign somewhere that said one spin per person but I never saw the sign...but one of the staff was kind enough to inform my son after his 4th spin.

While your in line to collect your prize there are plenty of things to see and do. First off they have a Character Meet & Greet where you can meet Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott and even get your picture taken with them!

Of course if none of the starter Pokémon are around you can still take pictures with Reshiram & Zekrom!

There is also a Center Stage with a big screen to watch highlights of the movie, new episodes of the TV show, and a host to spotlight some of the visitors that dressed up for the occasion.

Finally the last thing in the Activity Zone is the Pictures With Pokémon area where you can pose in front of a green screen and they take you picture then give you a plastic card that directs you to a website where you can bring up your photo and choose three different backgrounds...we had no idea what the backgrounds were when we were there but I have those background below so you can be ready with the right pose....or just so you could have them.

Now that you have received your prize you should probably head to the...
    Last edited by toys4life; 02-13-2011 at 12:41 AM.
    [= [__] =] T4L - 1461 4016 4678
    [+ [__]·:·] POKERUS - 0560 2072 3088

Credits
    Blog Entries

- VIDEO GAME EXPERIENCE -
    When you get to the front of the line you will walk down a walkway with flat screen TV's and watch a short video about the new games, the new land, and a glimpse of some of the new Pokémon. After that they will let you enter a room filled with DS's hard wired with the Demo Games. Depending on the game you will have one of the 3 starters, Zorua, and one other Pokémon in your party.

As you exit the Video Game Experience don't forget to get a pin of either Reshiram or Zekrom. Unfortunately the supply of Zekrom pins didn't arrive in time so they only had Reshiram pins...

maybe if I'm lucky one of our fellow Pokéfarmers going to Castleton Square mall in Indianapolis, IN will be nice enough to pic up 2 for me and my son...*poke*...*POKE!* hehe

- GAMESTOP -
    If you are lucky like us the mall's GameStop will be close to one of the many places that you will be waiting in line. Our GameStop was right next to the Video Game Experience so we downloaded all of our Celebi's to our D/P/P/HG/SS games while we were waiting in line.

- INFLATABLES -
    One other attraction that was kinda cool was 2 HUGE inflatable versions of Reshiram & Zekrom. People were able to go right up to them and take pictures with them. Reshiram even had a tail that lit up!

Well that's about it...My son and I spent the whole day there and had a blast! We did everything you could do...at least 3 times!...and have the memories and souvenirs to prove it!

OH!
    BTW don't forget to bring your Pokéwalker...you will gain lots of steps walking around the mall plus you will be able to play with a ton of other Pokémon and receive lots of gifts in the process!

Pokemon Trainer Array Pikadude609's Avatar
    Credits

WOW! I'd love to have an experience like that! We have nothing that cool here in the U.K! You're real lucky! :P

Credits

That looks amazing.
    I hope the UK tour is like that, can't see it being as half as good but... I can live in hope.

Not So Cute Array predictions of doom's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

/cries.
    It looks so awesome...D'you think it'd be worth a trip to the US for?
    Oh, and did you see the movie on the same day?

/Welcome back to PF!
    Back!

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Frawg's Avatar
    Credits

Did anybody do battling/trading there?
    0_0 soon.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by predictions of doom View Post
    /cries.
    It looks so awesome...D'you think it'd be worth a trip to the US for?
    Oh, and did you see the movie on the same day?

/Welcome back to PF!
    If you were coming to the states anyways I would say go for it but a trip just for this...nah...YUP! totally saw the movie, it was awesome on the BIG screen. We were really lucky though we were to far back in line and they sold out of tickets before we got to the front but I begged and pleated with them since we drove 3 hours to get to the mall and this was my son's first time to see a pokémon movie in a movie theater. In the end they added some extra chairs where wheelchairs would go and we got in! (And more importantly got our oversized promo cards ) Which is why I warn everyone else to get go early and get your tickets!!!!

...oh and thanks! It's good to be home

Quote Originally Posted by Frawg View Post
    Did anybody do battling/trading there?
    Tons of people had there pokéwalkers out but I'm sure there was a ton of battling and tradinging the games too...I saw every kind of DS available and in every color imaginable while waiting in line. Some were people were pokémon experts while others sounded like they were playing a pokémon game for the first time!
    Last edited by toys4life; 02-14-2011 at 09:14 AM.

Pokemon Trainer Array Pokemancer's Avatar
    Credits

Wow! That looks like it was pretty freaking awesome!
    Look! I've got FANFICS:
    To Conquer Worlds: A Platinum Nuzlocke Challenge
    Umbral Lines - A Story of Unova

Also, take a look at: Those Who Know How Not To Be Seen: A group for lovers of Pokémon and Monty Python!

GO SPURS GO!!!

Credits
    Blog Entries

Jesse *MissingNo.* and I went to the mall tour over in Indy and it was awesome, just as Joby said. I decided to make a lil bit of a cosplay for it, and made myself some ears and a tail the night before going so I could dress up as Marill. I received some nice compliments on it and some random girl took my pic during the day, lol. Jesse didn't quite appreciate me dressing up but I had fun. n.n Anywho, he took a lot more pics and vids than I did and will most likely post them in some sort of blog I'm guessing. I only took a few pics on my phone because I was preserving power on it. Jesse and I picked up the two needed Zekrom pins for Joby and his son. It was a fun day definitely and we really made the most of it. We both won a plushie that day, Jesse actually won two plushies, lol, and I won a stylus; we did the stamp books twice that day so two chances to play the prize spin. n.n
    I have some pics up in an album
    Last edited by Taterbud; 02-21-2011 at 03:05 AM.
    Absol’utely the best!

★ King of the Hill ★ Array Empoleon67's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

I'll most likely be at the one in Philadelphia.