Thread: BobPokeCalc v0.1

Credits
    Blog Entries

Default BobPokeCalc v0.2

I've been working on an IV calculator for my own use lately. Since my WiFi access is unreliable at best, I decided to make it in OpenOffice Calc (the OO version of Excel). Now that it has the most important functions working, I decided to share it, as to my knowledge there aren't many advanced-ish offline IV calculators around.

Version 0.2
    Download Link
    Alternate host
    (if those hosts don't work, tell and I'll reupload somewhere else)

The only dependencies of the program is a spreadsheet program that supports .xls files and the functions I use in the sheet (tested with Calc and a bit in Excel [Excel 2010 users: remember to enable editing of the document! Thanks Pikadude609]).

To be done:

• Understanding of characteristics (currently they don't influence the result at all) (Added v0.2)
    • Understanding of the IV Rater man in Emerald and later (Added partially in v0.2)
    • More error checking code to let you know if you typed something wrong a bit easier.

Note that some of the coding in there is a horrible mess, if anybody's got an idea how to traverse a single row until you find a value without using a giant IF() pyramid, I would really like to know.

(Just so it's clear, if I am searching for a 12 in a row, I want it to choose the bold:
    11 11 11 11 11 12 12 12 12 13
    and then the other way, choose this bold:
    11 11 11 11 11 12 12 12 12 13
    If you have any idea, lemme know)

If there are any features this lacks that you'd like to see, please tell. Also, if you find any inaccuracies, give me a shout and I will try to fix it.

Oh, and post #1000
    ---
    belnumcree has also made a very useful IV calculator, which is designed for use while breeding. It's also cleaner and easier to see what happens as calculations are split up into multiple cells (I should start doing this <.<). Here it is:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...CMPp890E#gid=0 (you can download it by clicking "File -> Download as -> Excel/OpenOffice")
    This also means that I will probably focus on functionality for my advanced calculator, as belnum's got the IV battle part covered
    Last edited by Bobreeder; 10-08-2010 at 08:47 PM. Reason: v0.2

Pokemon Trainer Array Pikadude609's Avatar
    Credits

Very nice! Just a note to anyone using Excel 2010, it will protect from editing so make sure to enable editing on it to be able to use it.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Version 0.2 added
    Also, added mention of belnum's calc, which is a very useful breeding resource

Crypt Gym Secretary Array pikaluva13's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bobreeder View Post
    Version 0.2 added
    Also, added mention of belnum's calc, which is a very useful breeding resource
    Host isn't working atm.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credits
    Blog Entries

No problem on my end, but I uploaded it to another hosting site. What hosts give you guys least problems btw? The "mainstream" ones have these horrible catches, so I've tried finding ones that don't have you waiting for a minute to download etc.

Putting young whipper snappers into place since 1882. Array belnumcree's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

That's weird, it's uploaded to Google Docs, and have never had a problem in the past. I also uploaded it to MediaFire (or something like that) once I find the link I'll add it.

Edit: here it is

http://www.mediafire.com/file/lre2bo...temCleared.xls
    Extremely ancient and decrepit retired Boulder Gym Leader....Thanks Vis for the new card. *looks at new user title* Stay off my lawn

Credits
    Blog Entries

Noticed an error in the HP IV calculations. I got it fixed, will reupload tomorrow (if I remember <.<)