Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [NEWS] Generation V legendaries, release dates revealed

Credits
    Blog Entries

Exclamation [NEWS] Generation V legendaries, release dates revealed

I'm splitting off into a new thread, since the old one is mostly speculation. Thanks to lil_ash for breaking the news first!

The US and JPN Pokemon websites have updated, revealing what are presumably the boxart legendaries for Pokemon Black and White. A clear picture of these two legendaries can be seen here. The Black Version legendary is named Reshiram and the White Version legendary is named Zekrom. More details will be given as they arrive on these two new Pokemon (which, by the way, puts the current count of Pokemon at an even 500).

Due to the US site revealing this information as well as the Japanese site, it can be inferred that the names given will be the official English names as well. It also confirms that the games will be available in the US (and probably all of North America) in Spring 2011.
    Last edited by Kurt; 05-28-2010 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Had legendaries for each version flipped

Credits

I like the black one, not to sure about the white one, like I said on the other thread it looks like Palkia...

Pokemon Trainer Array Pikadude609's Avatar
    Credits

Awesome! I'm gessing Dark and Normal/Psychic or maybe a Light Type.

And this also confirms that there will be no name change of the games either.

Another thing, With the box art released. It confirms this is for the DS range. Hopefully the 3rd version will appear on the 3DS.

^ - Looks a bit plain to me though. Just black on white... Bit too plain for 2010
    Last edited by Pikadude609; 05-28-2010 at 01:29 PM.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Cinder's Avatar
    Credits

Wow! They suffer from a little of Arbitrarily Cool Features Syndrome, like Zoroark does, but I think they're fairly good. In fact, I like these a lot more than Palkia and Dialga and co.! The 4th gen. legendaries were uniformly lame, in my personal opinion (with the possible exception of Giratina, but even it's not great, I just think it's relatively the best of the bunch).

This really brings my hope up for gen 5 Pokemon designs. Since we don't know many specifics yet, I have hope in particular for cool starter evolutions. Their base forms seemed too "cutesy" and uninspired to me, especially the water and grass starters, but now I feel a lot more positive. Probably Nintendo just wanted the starters' first forms to look super-adorable for maximum appeal to little kids. I definitely think the evolved forms have potential to look awesome.

Hmmm... so far these legends seem sorta interesting to me. Also, they really don't seem like usual pokemon... so maybe they're going off into a new realm of design possibilities!

Credits go to n0t and thefuriousangel.

Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder View Post
    The 4th gen. legendaries were uniformly lame, in my personal opinion (with the possible exception of Giratina, but even it's not great, I just think it's relatively the best of the bunch).
    Totally agree, Gen 4 were quite dull, but these especially the black one has a bit umpf about it..

Nintendo have said that Black and White will be released in Europe in Spring 2011. Probably 2/3 weeks after North America.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine....e.php?id=17490 <---Linkachu

Pokemon Trainer Array Pikadude609's Avatar
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by lil_ash View Post
    Totally agree, Gen 4 were quite dull, but these especially the black one has a bit umpf about it..

Nintendo have said that Black and White will be released in Europe in Spring 2011. Probably 2/3 weeks after North America.

http://www.officialnintendomagazine....e.php?id=17490 <---Linkachu
    Hopefully the same time length or shorter like HG/SS was for USA then Europe

★ King of the Hill ★ Array Empoleon67's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

I think Reshiram(white one) will be normal flying and Zekrom will be Dark rockor dark fighting

Credits

For once, Im gonna get a version not JUST based on the legendary! I love them BOTH!
    I do prefer the Black one though.
    Also: White one has like a jet-engine tail, black has a drill thing. I cant wait to see what those do!
    [4:50 PM] Bobbreeder: Well, Scizor dies to insertfirehere

Pokemon Trainer Student Array
    Credits

I like both of these legends, which is a bit of a suprise because I normally prefer one over the other.

Am I the only one that feels like they look a little digimon-ish?