Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: [NEWS] Generation V starters revealed

Credits
    Blog Entries

And how they gonna make another pig pokémon without the Gluttony ability?

Pokemon Trainer Array Pikadude609's Avatar
    Credits

More screenshots are leaked on Pokebeach... And Serebii. (Most of Pokebeach though) showing the new battle screens. It seems they made the HP bar look way cooler . But once thing. The battle screens are back to the old way of your Pokemon only showing the top of the back sprite. Maybe it only shows the wholes sprite when attacking... But the Water Type knows Water Pulse. But it's Sprite Looks weird.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Flareon's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pikadude609 View Post
    But the Water Type knows Water Pulse. But it's Sprite Looks weird.
    Only on the shot you can see where 'Pokabu' is attacking 'Tsutaaja'; the one where 'Mijumaru' is attacking 'Pokabu', you can tell it actually does look right. I blame the scan quality; it really isn't all that good, but decent enough so you know what you're looking at. Water Pulse darkened the screen to make it easier to identify its features.

With that though, I do have to say that based on the Starters' appearance, (because I ramble before making decisions) 'Tsutaaja' currently takes my liking. (despite being pretty much, Treecko 2.0; wonder if it was a scrapped Treecko design that got brought back and revised. Hmm...) The concept of having a quadrupedal Fire-type Starter in 'Pokabu' is really only novelty; I'm not much of a fan of pigs either, and 'Mijumaru's' design isn't all that great. (it kind of lacks inspiration) Hopefully, they get some pretty awesome evolutions.

Illusion is 'meh'... at least until we truly find out how it actually works, (the Event isn't really a clear-cut example because it was designed to do that, most likely) and we're still waiting for how it is Zorua actually evolves into Zoroark, aren't we? Don't think I've heard of anything from Zoroark since its unveiling other than this event that involves the Legendary Trio of Johto and information about its ability...

Currently mass-breeding: Dream World Eevees (thank you, Japanese Pokemon White!)

Felix:
    Mostly: Double Battles // Tier Use: Mixed; uses favourites
    Fave Type: Water // Fave Pokémon: Vaporeon
    Dislikes: Sleepers and "THAT Pokémon..."

Pokemon Trainer Student Array
    Credits

All I can say is what the heck...
    Pokemon 3DS FC: 3711-7701-7742
    Playing Pokemon X

I dunno if his is weird or not...

But I honestly don't mind the starters any more.... they don't seem too bad now that I look at them. I think I over-reacted a bit at first....

Credits go to n0t and thefuriousangel.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Okay, I'll give them another chance.

*looks*

...Nope. Still hate them.

Ignore the friend code on Phanpy's head. That's the old DS.
    Friend code is 4012-4693-9035

tsutaja (grass snake pokemon) is done really well, as far as originality goes. i don't even see where the rest of you are getting treecko from that, i think treecko is more bulky and more dark colored than this one. Pokabu is utterly redonkulus. fire pig? seriously? makes no sense. i rather see it make itself into a BBQ. Personally, i love mijumaru. its cute and looks like its going to be built defensively, BULKY WATERS FTW. i can't wait to walling everyone with it

Pokemon Trainer Array Pikadude609's Avatar
    Credits

Good news for battles. The sprites are more animated. They move when waiting to select a Move and when attacking to some extent. Also the camera moves and zooms around aswell. These battles seem way better than the D/P/P/HG/SS ones now! Waiting for a vid of it from Pokémon Sunday now.

EDIT:

Video showing Battles of the 3 starters (Awesome Animations!) and walking through Hiun City

Last edited by Pikadude609; 05-15-2010 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charcolt View Post
    tsutaja (grass snake pokemon) is done really well, as far as originality goes. i don't even see where the rest of you are getting treecko from that, i think treecko is more bulky and more dark colored than this one. Pokabu is utterly redonkulus. fire pig? seriously? makes no sense. i rather see it make itself into a BBQ. Personally, i love mijumaru. its cute and looks like its going to be built defensively, BULKY WATERS FTW. i can't wait to walling everyone with it
    I agree with all that you said.
    Especially the stuff with tsutaja. He's is not Treecko at all and personally I think he's pretty awesome!
    The fire pig is okay, but pretty boring...
    And yeah, after getting used mijumaru, he's pretty sweet. Not gonna lie!

And yeah! That battles are pretty sweet if you ask me... the animation seems like i could get stale, but it didn't when it was in 3-d, so it probably won't be too bad! (the music sounded pretty awesome too...)

Credits go to n0t and thefuriousangel.

Credits
    Blog Entries

That video is very disturbing.