Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [NEWS] Generation V starters revealed

Credits

On an unrelated note, I really dig the nails of the chick holding the sign
    sig under construction

I dunno... I think the one on the left could be really cool... and maybe the one in the middle too if it's a pig-based pokemon.

When I first saw them, I thought that the one on the left was the water type just cause it has that mythical-sorta-like-fin-tail thing... and I think it'd be pretty cool if that's true, but I can see that he might be a fire type.

And oh yeah, I don't see the one on the right being anywhere near piplup (besides in general body size) because it looks like a beaver-thing to me! :P

Credits go to n0t and thefuriousangel.

Credits

Top looks like Turtwig/Spoink mix
    Left looks like a charmander,
    and right looks like a Beaver (ZOMG speculation XD ::EDIT:: Darn, Bidoof is already a beaver >_>)
    hmm...the colors better help, or GF is officially out of ideas.
    [4:50 PM] Bobbreeder: Well, Scizor dies to insertfirehere

well, actually I could see it being more like a sea otter... but they've already done that too :P

And yeah, the left one is totally not going to be the water type because it's so stream-lined. I mean c'mon, it's screaming water! I could see it being a majestic seal or dolphin thing w/ feet or something xD

Oh yeah! The left one probably isn't fire either cause it's hand-thing is going really close to its tail... so basically, if it was fire, it'd have its had in fire... which I doubt they would do for the pose.

EDIT: something else I noticed.... The one on the left is SOOOO close to a zora from zelda in physique! I could totally see it being water! Plus its hand looks like a fin too.
    Last edited by cowmoo83; 05-08-2010 at 10:24 PM.

Credits go to n0t and thefuriousangel.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Flareon's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

There could be subtle hints from previous Generations as to which is which type.

For example, the official Platinum site, I believe it was, had Piplup on the left, Chimchar above and Turtwig on the right. Just a random thought that could be (and likely will be) completely wrong~

Anyway, my opinion on the silhouettes... I thought they'd have looked better, at least. The left one looks okay, but the other two... I don't know, I'm a little partial to the top one and the right one looks like it has a slinky for part of its body... and I fear that it may be the Water-type Starter... but I'll hold my true opinions until we get actual images to look at, other than just silly little silhouettes...

I don't know where everyone is getting the gopher and such vibes from the left one... because I think it kinda looks more like a semi-Cyndaquil in terms of head shape, the tail fins of Milotic and the general body shape of Charmander.

The top one kind of looks like a rabbit-ised version of Turtwig and the right one looks like someone edited Piplup's sprite and added a slinky and tail feathers to it, or something. One thing that is for sure; the right one will definitely be some sort of bird-like creature.

Anyway... my guesses on type will be either:
    Water-, Fire-, Grass-;

Or:
    Fire-, Grass-, Water-;

I call awesome observation skillz if my first is proven correct~

Currently mass-breeding: Dream World Eevees (thank you, Japanese Pokemon White!)

Felix:
    Mostly: Double Battles // Tier Use: Mixed; uses favourites
    Fave Type: Water // Fave Pokémon: Vaporeon
    Dislikes: Sleepers and "THAT Pokémon..."

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Kiwi's Avatar
    Credits

To me, the middle one looks like a Pikachu with a funny tail and the left is a skinny charmander. =/

Credits
    Blog Entries

Just a note that CoroCoro's website has updated, now also showing these silhouettes--this means they'll be revealed in the upcoming issue, which is expected to leak in the next few days. When they are, this thread shall be updated. ^_^

Credits
    Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to like these starters. They just look dumb. I really hope I'm proven wrong.

Here's some guesses I got a kick out of:

Ignore the friend code on Phanpy's head. That's the old DS.
    Friend code is 4012-4693-9035

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Flareon's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

The middle one on the second image looks pretty awesome! We really do need a Red Panda Pokemon, because Red Pandas are awesome! I'm not too keen on the Grass-type guesses, though; we've had a similar Pokemon in Treecko's line.
    I'm a little dubious about the remaining, though. If the Water-type Starter IS the one that looks like its going to be some kind of bird, I just hope its going to be more Speed-oriented, since all the Water-type Starters have been more defensive or with a Speed stat lower than 90 at final stage evolution. (Fire has had Charizard, Typhlosion and Infernape, while Grass has had Sceptile; Water is yet to have a truly swift Starter)

Overall though, they look pretty cool; nice going. ^^

Currently mass-breeding: Dream World Eevees (thank you, Japanese Pokemon White!)

Felix:
    Mostly: Double Battles // Tier Use: Mixed; uses favourites
    Fave Type: Water // Fave Pokémon: Vaporeon
    Dislikes: Sleepers and "THAT Pokémon..."

Credits
    Blog Entries

The middle one in the first image should be a Fire Donkey.