Thread: The New Starters revealed - May 16th

Pokemon Trainer Array Pikadude609's Avatar
    Credits

Default The New Starters revealed - May 16th

Serebii and Pokebeach have revealed that Pokémon sunday is due to reveal the 3 starters and exiting new battle footage (Hopefully a battle video) on the May 16th episode. It was rumoured about another this sunday (9th). But maybe it is a silohette of the starters,another new one or something else

Check out Pokebeach and Serebii for the full articles.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Flareon's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Argh... I figured it would be silhouettes this week, but I just wish they'd cut the Snorlax and get straight to the point, already!
    I did note however, that Serebii said information may probably come from CoroCoro as early as around the beginning of next week, so maybe we'll not have to wait so long. That said, CoroCoro could be mean as well and might just have the silhouettes in that volume...

I hope the Water-type Starter is good again, this time around. At the very least, the final stage of evolution for them has been pretty awesome through each Generation. I've seen people flying around thinking it might be some kind of dolphin-like Pokemon, but I'd find that hard to believe, personally.

Currently mass-breeding: Dream World Eevees (thank you, Japanese Pokemon White!)

Felix:
    Mostly: Double Battles // Tier Use: Mixed; uses favourites
    Fave Type: Water // Fave Pokémon: Vaporeon
    Dislikes: Sleepers and "THAT Pokémon..."

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flareon View Post
    Argh... I figured it would be silhouettes this week, but I just wish they'd cut the Snorlax and get straight to the point, already!
    I did note however, that Serebii said information may probably come from CoroCoro as early as around the beginning of next week, so maybe we'll not have to wait so long. That said, CoroCoro could be mean as well and might just have the silhouettes in that volume...

I hope the Water-type Starter is good again, this time around. At the very least, the final stage of evolution for them has been pretty awesome through each Generation. I've seen people flying around thinking it might be some kind of dolphin-like Pokemon, but I'd find that hard to believe, personally.
    Yeah I don't see much in way of evolutions for a dolphin. Maybe a 1 or 2 stage Poké, but 3 stages would be pushing it on how many ways you could change a dolphins appearance.

I just want to see cooler and more useful bugs. Heracross and then, um yeah only Heracross. Yanmega comes a close second, but still some distance there.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Flareon's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

That was my thought, too; there isn't really much evolution in a dolphin and like you said, would probably only have one stage of evolution, much like Seel and Dewgong. Still, I think it'd be nice to see something new in that respect.

Ehh, I've always been partial to Pokemon like Heracross... mainly because there's absolutely no versatility in the uses I've seen people use online. Its always 'Scarfed variants that really completely obliterate your team if you don't have some kind of specific counter to them... and for me, that makes them boring. That and the freakish face it makes; that darn oblivious look in its eyes creeps me out...
    Bug Pokemon are pretty good, though. It just takes the right situation for them to actually be effective Pokemon. Though Stealth Rock is the one true destroyer of those poor Bug/Flying-types... but on topic, I don't really hold much hope for a really amazing Bug-type to grace the game with its presence; roughly around Yanmega is where I think they'll stay in coming Generations.

Currently mass-breeding: Dream World Eevees (thank you, Japanese Pokemon White!)

Felix:
    Mostly: Double Battles // Tier Use: Mixed; uses favourites
    Fave Type: Water // Fave Pokémon: Vaporeon
    Dislikes: Sleepers and "THAT Pokémon..."

PokéCulturalist Array toys4life's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

I'm all for a dung beetle pokemon that knows the move fling

Maybe in the dolphins third evolution it could grow some legs and look like a Machamp with a bottle nose and a dorsal fin
    [= [__] =] T4L - 1461 4016 4678
    [+ [__]·:·] POKERUS - 0560 2072 3088

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by toys4life View Post
    I'm all for a dung beetle pokemon that knows the move fling

Maybe in the dolphins third evolution it could grow some legs and look like a Machamp with a bottle nose and a dorsal fin
    As long as they don't put the tail between his legs. I can't remember where I saw it before, but please if you add legs to a dolphin make it look right. The tail would move up higher on the back to allow the legs to form or the tail would go away completely.

Forge Gym Leader/Tournament Director Array Jhamin's Avatar
    Credits

There is always some small part of me that hopes for a Fighting/Psychic/Dark starter set rather than Fire/Water/Grass, but I suspect that is only because I've already played the previous 4 generations (and two remakes).

For a newcomer to the franchise the traditional approach is probably easiest to grasp.

As for the bug types... why no love for Ninjask?! Or Scizor?
    Last edited by Jhamin; 05-07-2010 at 04:11 PM.

Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Jhamin View Post
    There is always some small part of me that hopes for a Fighting/Psychic/Dark starter set rather than Fire/Water/Grass, but I suspect that is only because I've already played the previous 4 generations (and two remakes).

For a newcomer to the franchise the traditional approach is probably easiest to grasp.

As for the bug types... why no love for Ninjask?! Or Scizor?
    I like 'Jask. In fact I just got done breeding a moveset for one couple hours ago.
    [4:50 PM] Bobbreeder: Well, Scizor dies to insertfirehere