Default Heartgold Team Help Please

Just started HeartGold and have most of my team planed:

Cyndaquil (Already obtained)
    HootHoot
    Chinchou/Mareep/Jolteon/
    Togepi
    Slowpoke
    Geodude/Spinerak

Can people please suggest a different sixth member or swapping, Also natures too please. Thanks
    Last edited by Pikadude609; 05-05-2010 at 05:00 PM.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Brainhost's Avatar
    Credits

I would not keep HootHoot; try something that's not mainly flying but can learn flying attacks, such as Yanma. Yanma will also cover your bugtype, so Spinarak would be able to take leave. In that case you could keep Geodude. As for the Electric type, I'd definitely go for a Chinchou if you have access to it. Otherwise, get a Jolteon, but use Pikachu until you get Eevee. Slowpoke is okay, but since you're already using Chinchou, I'd suggest Jynx, so that you have Ice and Psychic covered.

As for natures, check this out: http://media.photobucket.com/image/n...num_nature.png

Pokemon Trainer Array Pikadude609's Avatar
    Credits

I decided on HootHoot, I just want a nice flying type like HootHoot since I have never had one before. Chinchou I will get at olivine. Pikachu I can use from Yellow forest until then. But i want to not use jynx as it's late in game and I like my team members early. Since I was thinking Chinchou could have moves like Discharge,Surf,Thunder Wave and something. And Slowbro - WaterFall,Headbutt,Psychic and something. But would geodude be better than spinerak?

Torrent Gym Leader/Head Farmer Array Deneves's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

I have had a great time playing with Kangaskhan, STAB Headbutt, Fake Out and Cut and I use Rock Smash with her also. For HeartGold I recommend having a Houndoom especially for catching Ho-Oh. At level 47 none of Ho-Oh's moves affect Houndoom. Even if you have Cyndaquil, Houndoom Dark moves will help you get through the Ghost Gym and counter the Psychic pokes that you face.

Credits

I will try them. How does Horsea sound. I am thinking of trying my luck at one of Winner's Path on the PokeWalker. Would it be a use to replace Slowbro. Having Muddy Water,Waterfall and two dragon moves?

Credits
    Blog Entries

I know on my SoulSilver my mains are Magcargo, Ampharos, Feraligatr, and Dodrio. However on my HeartGold my mains are Kangaskhan, Golbat, Chinchou, and Gengar, plus my awesome Bayleef. Kangaskhan is a beast. Which mine has the Scrappy Ability, so her Fake Out, Headbutt, and Dizzy Punch are awesome against Ghost. Which right now my 4th move is Crunch, so Psychics and Ghost don't stand a chance against her.

Credits

If getting something lategame is what is withholding you from putting it into a team, you could always ask for help here. Anyone will gladly trade you a Jynx or any other Pokémon you want to start using.

Credits

Hows this team sound then?

Cyndaquil (Already obtained)
    HootHoot
    Chinchou
    Horsea (PokeWalker)
    Kangaskhan (Will get from PokeWalker)
    Jynx/Geodude

I think I'll just wait till late game for jynx then. As I had help in SS (Traded 2 starters over), I want to try and complete HG with none things traded over (Apart from a few tm's)

Credits

I notice two water Pokémon, though that shouldn't be a problem since they have great dual types, plus that overal, these are fun Pokémon for a team, so I'd say go with it.

Credits

For Kangaskan. Would Scrappy be better. Since I have one current with the other ability (Early Bird I think) but think Scrappy could be better. Currently just waiting for my steps to build up today again for them.