Thread: Unable to edit posts

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Reptyler's Avatar
    Credits

Default Unable to edit posts

I tried to edit my thread in the General trades section, but after watching the little .gif on the "Edit" button twirl around for a few minutes, I gave up and instead posted a reply to my own thread. I then attempted to edit my reply, with similar results. Is there a reason why I can't edit my own posts?

Tyler Silver FC: 0475 0139 9538 Diamond FC: 4941 5693 9105

Circuit Gym Assistant Array Killerjeff88's Avatar
    Credits

double click it.

Credits
    Blog Entries

I recall Adam had that issue, as well; double-clicking seemed to resolve the issue.

There is supposed to be a minor update to vBulletin that should come out today--that may be one of the (several) issues it addresses.

Crypt Gym Secretary Array pikaluva13's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trombones13 View Post
    I recall Adam had that issue, as well; double-clicking seemed to resolve the issue.

There is supposed to be a minor update to vBulletin that should come out today--that may be one of the (several) issues it addresses.
    lol, i called you over to my computer and i clicked it again and voila it went...made me mad xD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pokemon Trainer Array Pikadude609's Avatar
    Credits

Has this been fixed. Because Quick Edit still does not work for me. I have to double-click to use Advanced Edit. Quick Edit I liked :/ Saved reloading the page to edit

Credits
    Blog Entries

The issue is apparently a bug within vBulletin (and I'm not reproducing it because it apparently only happens to those whose primary usergroup is Registered Users [all of you who are having the issue are; my primary usergroup is Gym Leader]); I'm looking into it to see if it's been addressed in future upgrades.

Pokemon Trainer Array Pikadude609's Avatar
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Trombones13 View Post
    The issue is apparently a bug within vBulletin (and I'm not reproducing it because it apparently only happens to those whose primary usergroup is Registered Users [all of you who are having the issue are; my primary usergroup is Gym Leader]); I'm looking into it to see if it's been addressed in future upgrades.
    Kurt do you get it on TW7S. I must not get it as on there mine must be Power User. I do hope it gets fixed soon

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pikadude609 View Post
    Kurt do you get it on TW7S. I must not get it as on there mine must be Power User. I do hope it gets fixed soon
    I'm able to quick edit with only a single click (I believe you guys are having the issue where you have to double-click in order to edit), but there's a loooot of white space above the editing form (which is another issue posted on vB's bug list). Regardless, it's not an issue we on the forum can fix. :/