Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rock Band

Pokemon League Judge Array HMTKSteve's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Talking Rock Band

Over the past few weeks my house has been hitting the Rock Band games with a vengence.

We began by borrowing a copy of RB2 along with a corded guitar and a mic. A few days later I spent the $100 to buy the Special Edition of RB2 with the wireless guitar, drums, game and corded mic. I also dropped the $60 on the Beatles version.

This weekend we lucked out and found a brand new (marked as used) GH3 Les Paul wireless controller at GameStop for $15. This controller now belongs to my daughter (and is covered in Pokemon stickers) and we no longer need the corded guitar.

We have spent the most time playing the Beatles Rock Band (less complaints from my better half) and I have to say that I can now jam quite well on medium for everything but vocals and drums. I can even pull off expert Bass on a few songs.

Anyone else into the Rock Band?

EPFL\Sr. Farmer\Admin Array Whitdjinn's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

I have played a fair amount of rockband - only have the instruments for an xbox which i don't own yet...(it was on clearance, and when suz's cousin comes over we get to play then) I did get the beatles rock band game for wii, but only have a guitar..so i'm in need of drums, mic and another guitar for wii at some point....

I am able to do everything on medium...and be fairly competant. I love the drums and thats what i'm normally playing when we play as a group, when i play solo, thats when i get to break out the guitar.

Suz's cousin can easily do Hard, and expert on some songs on the guitar.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array thefuriousangel's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Default *insert crazy guitar riff here*

Sounds like you guys are having a great time!

Sadly,
    I don't have Rock Band.
    I spend more time on the 360 than I do the Wii.
    XP

♫ ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅ = ̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılıl ♫

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Rolytic's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

I love playing Rock band with my 2 roommates. We've gotten to the point with there are only a few songs (5-10) that we can't do on all Expert in some combination. I normally take vocals (except for Spoonman) and the others take drums/guitar and switch off when the drummer's foot gets too tired.

I have yet to pass any hard drum song. I can easily beat medium, and easily FAIL hard. Stupid learning curve. I'm hit or miss with guitar.
    You can call me Py. It's short for Pyrolytic. If you need anything, or just want to say hi, feel free to contact me. I'm not active on Skype, but AIM is fine if you introduce yourself first.

Where else can you find me/other screen names?
    dA: Rolytic
    LoL, formspring: PyBear
    WoW: (Dentarg - H - Narglax)

Relic Gym Retiree/Super Moderator Array Dr. Narnad's Avatar
    Credits

I have been playing since the early days on PS2. The first one had some of the best songs in series and I wish they would update them for the new generation of systems. Currently we play on Xbox360. Generally I can finish up the hard level on guitar and work my way through most of the expert, minus the last block or two of songs where it generally gets almost impossible. Drums I am working on the hard levels, Bass I can get the expert finished and singing I typically don't do even try.

We are looking to pick up the Beatles set for Christmas from my parents and if GH5 has a good price, we might also grab that one. The wireless guitars are definitely the way to go. I really hate having to use the cords and locate the multiple usb-thingy for plugging the drums, extra guitar and microphone in.
    Knowledge speaks but wisdom listens.
    3DS XL Friend: 5086-2640-6669

Credits
    Blog Entries

My brother has Guitar Hero World Tour and I also used to play a lot with friends. I can do hard on guitar on songs I know really well, even expert on a couple; I can do expert on vocals no problem if I know the melody; and I rock the drums on medium.

I actually don't know anyone that plays the drums well anywhere past medium - even we drummers have a hard time, unless they are very used to reading drumset music. And... none of us are patient enough to use the "practice" feature! I'm sure if a drummer sat down and did that just a couple times for a song we wanted to learn on hard, we'd get it pretty fast, but... Heh.

I kind of want the game myself, but it's just no fun to play by myself. And playing with people over the internet isn't as fun because they're not in the room with you, goofing off and stuff.

Ignore the friend code on Phanpy's head. That's the old DS.
    Friend code is 4012-4693-9035

Pokemon Trainer Student Array nickgamer10's Avatar
    Credits

I played Rock-Band at Best Buy does that count? xD

I prefer Guitar Hero 3 because im afraid one day I might be forced to sing O_o

My family owns the RB2 wii edition and all of the instruments... I want to play it but they never want to play with me... and it's boring without other people. I do get to play with my friends now. Currently, I can do Hard on almost everything except drums (I can almost do it though). This summer, my friends and I entered a rock band tourney and we actually won first prize!

@Steve: How'd you get the whole pack for just $100?

Credits go to n0t and thefuriousangel.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Reptyler's Avatar
    Credits

My general experience has been that rock band is easier than Guitar Hero, but I'm not really that good at either. I can usually hack it on Medium playing guitar, and Hard singing with the microphone, and that's about it. I'd like to pick up some more instruments for Wii, seeing how we have Guitar Hero World Tour and 2 guitars. I really don't play much at home, though. Old college buds, though? We tore that junk up when we weren't on our laptops with Starcraft or DotA.

Tyler Silver FC: 0475 0139 9538 Diamond FC: 4941 5693 9105

Crypt Gym Secretary Array pikaluva13's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reptyler View Post
    My general experience has been that rock band is easier than Guitar Hero, but I'm not really that good at either. I can usually hack it on Medium playing guitar, and Hard singing with the microphone, and that's about it. I'd like to pick up some more instruments for Wii, seeing how we have Guitar Hero World Tour and 2 guitars. I really don't play much at home, though. Old college buds, though? We tore that junk up when we weren't on our laptops with Starcraft or DotA.
    He said the "H" word

I have guitar hero, and i pretty much stink at it xD but i generally play on Medium with my n00bness xD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------