Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Landing Pad (Zeppelin Gym Discussion)

Credits
    Blog Entries

Default wicked_rapture 0-4

After 55 minutes of battling (and several "oh gosh what do I do?" moments), you came out the victor with a very impressive team and strategy backing your win. Congratulations!

Crypt Keeper EPFL VP E4SS Array wicked_rapture's Avatar
    Credits

The reason it took so long was cuz that was the worst battle I ever had
    But like Whit said: It's like novocaine. It may take time, but it always works. Thanks for the battle Kurt.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Long in its planning stages, ShadowMario and I are working on the Zeppelin Gym Festival, which should premiere soon (along with the re-opening of the Gym, since it kind of hibernated throughout all of spring ). While we have several ideas (most of which inspired by the Boulder Gym Festival put on by Whitdjinn and revelp8 last year; thanks, guys!) in store for the event, what other ideas would you all like to see come to fruition for the Festival? You may post your comments here or PM us; we look forward to your feedback!

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Brainhost's Avatar
    Credits

Maybe a dumb question, but what exactly do these festivals serve purposewise? What type of events are usually found within them?

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brainhost View Post
    Maybe a dumb question, but what exactly do these festivals serve purposewise? What type of events are usually found within them?
    Not a dumb question at all. The last (and only previous) Gym Festival was run in the Boulder Gym about a year ago, designed to spur more activity in the Gym and on the forum. Some of the things it included that we're planning on are:
    • Zeppelin-themed tournament, where most of your team would have to be Normal-/Flying-typed
    • You Make The Team contest, where you design a new member for the Gym team
    • Several themed farm events and giveaways
    • Art contest

Obviously, Gym battling would occur as well, haha.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array
    Credits

This sounds like it would be a lot of fun.

As a giveaway idea, it might be cool to have a trivia contest where the questions are related Normal/Flying typed pokemon.

Now that I think about it, it would be like what the trivial ranch (sorry if I got the name wrong. I am going on memory alone. lol) did with its eved pokemon giveaways.

Credits
    Blog Entries

I don't know about a festival, but I am thinking once I get some new Pokémon bred I will be visiting the gyms soon.

I want to see if I can beat all the gyms with 1 team and not a team geared towards the gym I am challenging.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Brainhost's Avatar
    Credits

In the light of the recent worries on members activity, I think this is a great initiative, and ideas you laid out, Trombones, sound very compelling. Actually the event types that'd surround the festival would probably be sufficient work on their own, that and the fact that I can't think of anything else the festival would need. Maybe a custom logo on the forum (simply sprites added on top so it stays recognisable but it's clear that there's something awesome going on) and clicking it would result in going to the festival's main thread or something. And a frontpage mention of the whole thing, but that's all.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brainhost View Post
    In the light of the recent worries on members activity, I think this is a great initiative, and ideas you laid out, Trombones, sound very compelling. Actually the event types that'd surround the festival would probably be sufficient work on their own, that and the fact that I can't think of anything else the festival would need. Maybe a custom logo on the forum (simply sprites added on top so it stays recognisable but it's clear that there's something awesome going on) and clicking it would result in going to the festival's main thread or something. And a frontpage mention of the whole thing, but that's all.
    That's what I'm hoping. Unfortunately, I'm going to be gone for about a month starting this Friday, but I'm definitely planning on doing this in late July.

Not So Cute Array predictions of doom's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trombones13 View Post
    That's what I'm hoping. Unfortunately, I'm going to be gone for about a month starting this Friday, but I'm definitely planning on doing this in late July.
    Nooooo.
    I was looking forward to having my first gym battle before I left for the summer. :\
    Still, this sounds like a great idea. Hope it works out!
    Back!