Thread: Game Boy 20th anniversary!

Pokemon Trainer Student Array
    Credits

Default Game Boy 20th anniversary!

so, tomorrow (July 31, 2009) is apparently the 20th anniversary of the original Game Boy's release date.
    yeah!!

http://retro.nintendolife.com/news/2...ersary_special

play your Game Boys, people!

Pokemon Trainer Student Array pokefan50210's Avatar
    Credits

In am gonna go get my GBC and my pokemon yellow or blue tommorow.I like to keep my old systems,we even have the original NES and atari.
    Pearl Fiend Code:3566 8423 6254 Platinum Friend Code:0517 4155 6519 you can call me pokefan or brandon

I am an anime freak.
    Series currently watching: Dragonball Z,Bleach,and some more i cant think of right now.

Series Finished:Aquarion,Kurokami,Kaze no Stigma,Black Cat,Full Metal Alchemist,HeroicAge,Eureka 7,Kiba(Not naruto),Maburaho,Ghost Hunt,Code Geass,Air Gear,Blue Dragon,Jyu-Oh-Sei,Rosario+Vampire(may or may not be finished),Maburaho, and more I cannot remember at the moment.

Relic Gym Retiree/Super Moderator Array Dr. Narnad's Avatar
    Credits

Man, now that is hard to believe! I remember always having to ask for more batteries because we would churn through a package in a day and a half. Rechargeable batteries didn't last long either and took like 2 days to charge. So much patience was needed in playing the classics on the road back in the day.
    Knowledge speaks but wisdom listens.
    3DS XL Friend: 5086-2640-6669

Pokemon Trainer Student Array
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by pokefan50210 View Post
    In am gonna go get my GBC and my pokemon yellow or blue tommorow.I like to keep my old systems,we even have the original NES and atari.
    same here! i still have pretty much all my old systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Narnad View Post
    Man, now that is hard to believe! I remember always having to ask for more batteries because we would churn through a package in a day and a half. Rechargeable batteries didn't last long either and took like 2 days to charge. So much patience was needed in playing the classics on the road back in the day.
    haha i'm glad i never had to use an original gameboy (my first one was the game boy color).
    ahhh...but you gotta love the nostalgic battery hunts. haha.

Pokemon Trainer Array Pikadude609's Avatar
    Credits

I really think they should have virtual console on the DSi. So not GBA. But GB and GBC games. Id love to play some of the original gameboy games which i never got to play. Also id love to play something like pokemon red.

This is the sole reason I'm getting the DSi... if they don't do the virtual console and continue to come out with these new crappy games, I will be really disappointed with nintendo.

Credits go to n0t and thefuriousangel.

Pokemon Trainer Array Pikadude609's Avatar
    Credits

Im sure they wont do GBA. Since like the wii dident do Gamecube virtual console as it was the 1 before so nintendo wont do GBA. But they should go GBC and GB. Id love playing red,blue,gold,silver and yellow. It would be so awsome having them games on there and taking them with you to play classic games.

Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Pikadude609 View Post
    Im sure they wont do GBA. Since like the wii dident do Gamecube virtual console as it was the 1 before so nintendo wont do GBA. But they should go GBC and GB. Id love playing red,blue,gold,silver and yellow. It would be so awsome having them games on there and taking them with you to play classic games.
    But the Wii could already play thoose games. THe DSi cant.
    [4:50 PM] Bobbreeder: Well, Scizor dies to insertfirehere

They might do GBA to remedy the lack of GBA slot. And I'm sure that they could put GC games on the virtual console, but they just didn't because A) it would be a lot to purchase and B) The wii could already play GC games.

Bottom line, nintendo is stupid if they don't do some Gameboy normal, color, or advance games in the shop.

Credits go to n0t and thefuriousangel.