Thread: gym types

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Zafran's Avatar
    Credits

Default gym types

it might be a good idea to update the gym types listed on the forum index page.
    for my first gym battle i came in prepared for the wrong type. it turned out that the gym leader changed the typing of the gym and announced it, but not everyone (especially new people to gym challenges like me) checks everything inside the gym forum before challenging it because some of these announcments are weeks and months ago.

thanks for everything put into making this website a better place ^^

I battle with hacked Pokemon. Array revelp8's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

which gym was it?

Even if its not on the main forum page, you can browse through the actual gym forum and look through the threads for the typing.

Just to say, little and gemini aren't restricted to typing. chrysalis i believe uses bug typing and anything else that falls into the category of UU/NU tiers.
    the dancing butterfly just 6-0d your team

Credits
    Blog Entries

Chrysalis is 3 Bugs and 3 any type.

Also as far as the not checking everything in the gym, the typing should be covered within the first 3 sticky thread which should be read for rules of the gym since each gym can have different optional rules.

Kinda goes like the FAQ, every new member should read it and the oh I didn't read it is not always a good reason for not knowing.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Zafran's Avatar
    Credits

it was the relic gym. main page says its ghost/steel while the actual gym was a dark/ghost
    i know that reading the first 3 posts helps understand the gym and everything, but usually peope skim through these pages and might not notice a gym typing change(since they wont be looking for that because they think they know the gym type from main page).
    all im saying is putting the right typings in main page helps clear any misunderstandings, and it wont really hurt anybody if the main page got the typings right ^^
    Last edited by Zafran; 07-17-2009 at 02:07 AM.

Crypt Keeper EPFL VP E4SS Array wicked_rapture's Avatar
    Credits

I do agree with both of your arguments. I have already requested that the typing be changed, but it obviously hasnt happened

Credits
    Blog Entries

I am sure the staff is very busy and changing the small writing on the outside of the gym is one of things hard to keep up since at one time the gyms did change type like daily. It is also the position of the gym leader to PM the staff about change and keep an eye on if the change is not made and remind the staff.

Hey remember they are a bunch of old guys and they forget everything once juice is served.

Putting young whipper snappers into place since 1882. Array belnumcree's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

Juice...where.....*nods off*

If you sent me a request Wicked, I appologize, I don't remember it. I'll take care of it.

@ Zafran: We're just trying to add another layer of difficulty to the challenge. lol
    Extremely ancient and decrepit retired Boulder Gym Leader....Thanks Vis for the new card. *looks at new user title* Stay off my lawn

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Ancient Mew's Avatar
    Credits

i had the same experience last night LOL. i was telling Wicked that i was getting worried since i lost my fire type during mid battle and i have yet to see a steel type. though it was an amazing battle we had. i lost but that is another story LOL.
    Me and Wowee

PokeFarm Blogger Array joinred1127's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

*looks at Vis and Nettie* Old guys? How long have you two been keeping this a secret?

Farmer's Market Cherry Blossoms