Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Twin Pillars (Post Battle Discussion)

Credits
    Blog Entries

Default vs run_bubba_run (0-2)

My first loss as Gemini Gym Leader This was definitely a challenging battle. Things were going my way until the end when Nancie and Donna proved their determination to get you this badge. Be proud of them Your attacks just kept hitting their mark leaving me struggling in the end with no options. For someone who thinks they suck at double battles you sure fooled me I probably should have kept Warforged near the end as that might have helped me more. I was too nervous with DragQueen and Winston out. I wanted to get rid of them quickly >.< Good job and congrats on earning your Gemini Gym badge

"The answer lies in the heat of battle."

FC in upper right corner.
    Paiopa's Battle Adventures

Retired Meadow Gym Leader Array run_bubba_run's Avatar
    Credits

thats sweet of you riaz, thankyou very much!
    yes donna and nancie were pwning !
    you had me scared at the end with that zen headbut.
    also i love the cruncher, he makes me happy
    [1:47:39 PM] [DRL]Jeff: wow u are so awesome and brutal XD

Credits
    Blog Entries

Default vs Whitdjinn (0-2)

A nicely constructed team that proved to be very effective in battle. At first I was thinking how could you let poor Buzz Saw take damage like that from your multi-hit move, but as I anticipated you had planned a good strategy from the start to recover from self inflicted damage. I was so glad that strategy with Damacus paid off as it bought me some time against your fearsome water type. I found it rather intersting that we had a couple of the same pokemon in our teams and how I was able to benefit from your weather strategy as well. You combined pokemon types very effectively and you had good team snergy as well. You always surprise me by saving Soaron for last, which I always seem to fall for! Overall, definitely an interesting match. I am proud to award you the Gemini Badge for your exceptional performance. Well done
    Last edited by Paiopa; 07-11-2009 at 11:29 PM.

EPFL\Sr. Farmer\Admin Array Whitdjinn's Avatar
    Credits
    Blog Entries

when we were down to 2v2, I was sure that you had it, I didnt think soaron had a chance of surviving even one round. I'm glad I went with that strategy in the beginning, even if I didnt get any kills. I never anticipated BuzzSaw being that effective, but it is probably what won me the match, being able to take hits like he can, let his setup work its magic.

I was very disappointed that froku showed up, and you got a couple OHKO's that I didn't care for either, but noo matter - your combination of lead gave me an inkling of what could happen, but luckily my leads weren't succeptabe to that particular strategy.. I was glad that you didn't have an answer to ding dong's finishing move, but disappointed because it didn't net me a single KO :P

Credits
    Blog Entries

Yeah Soaron is tough I'll give you that. I was a little bit in a bind when Quackerlot and Warforged were forced to pair up. Heh, I was actually hoping to get some freeze hax on Soaron like I did in our EPFL match, but I guess I was asking for too much lol.

Yeah Froku definitely had a bit of staying power thanks to the weather. And your sponge got "wringed out" by Quackerlot LOL.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Default vs sasuke715 (4-0)

I'm glad we were able to finish our battle without any disconnections this time Although, I think you were expecting to battle the same team. You have to be careful because I have a few teams that I like to bring to matches Avatar and your water type were strong to survive my lead's earthquake in the beginning. It's a shame Avatar's attack missed though. As for your steel type, well I saw that bullet punch coming a mile away. Nice try though lol Your bug type was definitely tough and annoying. It almost crippled my team, but luckily Flamix and my water type were able to prevail.

As for the rest of your team. You assembled a nice combination of pokemon once again. Rameidon was my favorite to see and definitely gave me a scare. I'm never sure what that pokemon might do. I'll see you next week

Credits
    Blog Entries

Default vs rj61 (1-0)

Wow what a rematch! You ALMOST had me in the end, but Bella proved that even the cutest of pokemon can be a real pain in the spoink! lol. Qwen always seems to hit on the mark! Ugh so annoying.

Your water type always causes problems for me. That was an excellent strategy you used against Evil Eyes. It ruined my plans completely! Also near the end, the same strategy of yours ALMOST won you the game.
    Unfortunately you took out Danube who could have sealed the deal for you.

In a double battle some attacks that work well in singles don't always work well in doubles. Surf is a good move but only if your other teammate can benefit from it through abilities such as dry skin or water absorb. Another option is to have the move protect. I would strongly suggest getting that move for at least one member of your team. You saw how I used it with my leads. Use that as an example On the other hand, if you think surf is causing your team too much trouble then perhaps think about putting muddy water on your water type instead. The accuracy is lower but it only hits your opponent's pokemon. Other than that, an epic match right till the end! Don't feel disappointed my friend, because you came uber close to winning this one. See you next week.
    Last edited by Paiopa; 07-14-2009 at 10:44 PM.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array rj61's Avatar
    Credits

Please tell me what the HP Bella had from that last surf. I am guessing 1 hp. I was very surprised with how well I did but I could of done waayyyy better. I probably should of DD'd that last turn with danube and not surf.
    3DS FC Brock: 0791 2277 3703

About to start breeding better Poke's getting ready for battling. Are you ready?

Credits
    Blog Entries

@rj61: I'm not exactly sure what hp Bella had, since I didn't change the bars to numbers. But I believe it was 1hp judging by how small the bar was. I think you should have just protected with swampert then used ice fang with Danube. That would have won you the match.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Default vs shadowmario33 (2-0)

Another great battle I'd have to say! Seeing Kabugon (sorry if I mispelled) at the beginning definitely made me nervous, and I had to focus all my effort into taking it down. I'm glad I was able to when I did, but then SonicBoom came out and definitely shook things up. I think the best part of the match was how I took advantage of your earthquake allowing you to only hit yourself. Haha I can't get over that Confusion messed you up once again with Ghosty, which gave me some time to nail some damage on you. Good game and I'll see you next week.