Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Twin Pillars (Post Battle Discussion)

Credits
    Blog Entries

Default The Twin Pillars (Post Battle Discussion)

You can discuss battles in the Gemini Gym here. I'll gladly provide any advice if you need it. Please follow general forum rules and do not reveal the gym leader or challenger's pokemon species.
    Last edited by Paiopa; 07-10-2009 at 02:15 PM.

"The answer lies in the heat of battle."

FC in upper right corner.
    Paiopa's Battle Adventures

Credits
    Blog Entries

Default vs Shadowmario33 (2-0)

Thanks for making my first match as gym leader an epic one. Talk about some close calls! Charicific really proved his might in this battle but thankfully Froku was able to barely survive a mighty blow and turned the tables around. See you in a week

Credits

Ah man, there were some really bad moments where confusion really killed me. x.x Hopefully I'll be ready for that next time, and will get that badge

Credits
    Blog Entries

Default vs Sasuke715 (6-4)

An unforunate disconnect ended what was looking to be a great battle. I liked the looks of your team. You had some powerful pokemon packed into it. I wish you the best of luck for next week when we shall battle again.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Default vs Empoleon67 (3-0)

That was definitely a good battle. I liked the looks of your team. It contained some cool pokemon that appeared to work well together. I particulary liked your rock type, which is always nice to see in battles. Blue Brain was also awesome to see You did a good job matching up your types with water and fire working together for example. Evil Eyes definitely gave you a little bit of trouble with confusion. Medea ruined my initial strategy right from the beginning so I was forced to improvise >.<

My suggestions would be to be careful of status effects. Sometimes it's wise to switch out because they can really cause problems for you. See you next week, and I look forward to battling again

Credits
    Blog Entries

Default vs Ancient Mew (4-0)

That was truely a great battle. Nice to see a mix of pokes in a battle. You had a lot of my favorites including Ultimax When that showed up I was just surprised, simply because I've never seen anyone use that pokemon against me in a battle. Diva and Boompow were excellent and I like the names

Definitely some status effects spreading around lol. It was unfortunate that you forgot about Evil Eyes synchronize ability. That kind of crippled Boompow.

The use of shadow ball on Boompow was a misclick at my end in case you were wondering about that lol. You did very well pairing up Robin to protect Flashpoint (I know where you got that name from lol) for good strategy. That move you had on Diva also ruined my strategy somewhat with Evil Eyes and my Grass type so that was a good play on your part. I'll see you next week for another great battle

Pokemon Trainer Student Array Ancient Mew's Avatar
    Credits

you really are truly awesome with your strategy. your flowering lead is a beast. unfortunate for Boompow to be locked in. Diva can only do one thing since her defense was incredibly weak. i couldn't do what i intend her to do.
    i love my ultimax but i was waiting for the right moment to use it until it was too late. it's fun to play with these UUs. they play for cute "lol"
    i'll see you next week.
    Me and Wowee

Credits
    Blog Entries

Thanks. It was fun. I'm so glad I got lucky with my prediction in switching out Evil Eyes for Scarlet. I think that really helped too. Yup, using UUs are awesome. I always enjoy these kinds of battles

Credits
    Blog Entries

Default vs rj61 (3-0)

You had a good lead, except you underestimated Cruncher's speed. To be honest I wasn't sure if I was going to be faster or not so it was a risky decision on my part, considering I knew what your fire lead was capable of. It was interesting to see Danube in the field. Boy was that scary! Luckily my psychic type was able to use your strategy against you. I've always wanted to test out that move and I was lucky to get that crit zen headbutt when I did.

You had a good thing going with The Sting, but I kind of expected the setup to occur. I wasn't sure if you were going to protect with your Japanese pokemon so I decided to gang up on The Sting anyway lol. Overall, your performance was good rj61. Just be careful of expecting certain move combinations like the one I pulled off with Warforged and Nimbus. See you next week
    Last edited by Paiopa; 07-10-2009 at 07:43 PM.

Pokemon Trainer Student Array rj61's Avatar
    Credits

Well my lead that Cruncher was faster than wasn't my best one I could have. I think that your team is overall the best in the Biz
    3DS FC Brock: 0791 2277 3703

About to start breeding better Poke's getting ready for battling. Are you ready?