Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Member of the Month

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BugCatcher6 View Post
    I don't understand that rule that gym leaders/assistants can't be nominated. They already have custom titles, o.k. However, Kurt won it before he was a gym leader, but didn't LovelyStrife have a custom title from being a supporter? It looks like it handcuffs GL/A. The rule should be changed that anyone that has never won the award should be eligible or nobody with any custom title should not be allowed. What about former gym leaders? FatherGoblin who has done tons of this site, would never be able to be nominated because he is a retired gym leader. I know FG is not as active anymore, but the only retiree I can think of to use as an example.
    LS got hers by winning MoM, actually.
    --

Pokemon Trainer Array Pikadude609's Avatar
    Credits

I think people who get custom titles already should not be nominated. As the main prize is the title change and it will be not fair for the people who do not have a custom title for a person who already does. Like a gym leader or someone. And if they are allowed a gym leader/more active member or someone who has a custom title will get nominated every time not giving chance for other members.

Credits
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pikadude609 View Post
    I think people who get custom titles already should not be nominated. As the main prize is the title change and it will be not fair for the people who do not have a custom title for a person who already does. Like a gym leader or someone. And if they are allowed a gym leader/more active member or someone who has a custom title will get nominated every time not giving chance for other members.
    The main prize should be just being recognized for all you do for others. If you only care about the custom title whats the point?

Someone who has a custom title would not be nominated all the time. The people that help others would. Just because you are a gym leader, doesn't mean you drop everything to help someone else. Being a gym leader means you are a good battler and you are a positive member of the PokéFarm community. I know plenty of former gym leaders that did nothing but be a gym leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikadude609 View Post
    I'd have to disagree also. The main point is the recognition, not the title. So, even if one is a gym leader or an admin, they deserve the recognition for being a great member of the site.

Maybe we could vote as a community on this?

Credits go to n0t and thefuriousangel.